Thread: suppressors legal for all hunting in Alabama

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement

suppressors legal for all hunting in Alabama

On October 1, the use of firearm sound suppressors became legal for all hunting in Alabama. Previously, the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources prohibited the use of suppressors/silencers through their hunting regulations.
    On Saturday, May 3, the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources Advisory Board voted unanimously to repeal the prohibition on using a suppressor/silencer while hunting in the Yellowhammer State. Currently, more than thirty states allow hunters to use suppressors while hunting. There are numerous benefits to hunting with suppressed firearms:
    - Increased use of suppressors will help to eliminate noise complaints that are frequently an excuse to close hunting lands throughout the country. This will protect hunting areas well into the future.

THIS is "common sense gun law".

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

White Oak Plantation
    Also, it is less likely to be heard when shining for deer.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Also, it is less likely to be heard when shining for deer.
    Can't hide bullet holes or bright lights!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

earth's crust
    good gun laws are ones that do not exist ..