Thread: Winchester Win1911 ammo

Winchester Win1911 ammo

Anyone who carries a 1911 may want to look into these.Winchester has developed a 230 Grain JHP just for the 1911s. I have ran over 150 rounds without issue using the following. Colt 1911 Government Model series 80 with Wilson combat 7 round mags. Do your own testing, but these have been the most reliable JHP for me so far, still testing. Recoil is not bad and the rounds are not +P. Muzzle Velocity: 880 fps Muzzle Energy: 395 ft. lbs. 39.00 bucks for 50 rounds

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

I've had no issue with Winchester Rangers in any 1911 (or any other 45 acp for that matter). From the bit I can see those look similar.

One thing I like about the Rangers is that POI is identical to practice ammo. How do these compare POI to tpical practice ammo?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    I've had no issue with Winchester Rangers in any 1911 (or any other 45 acp for that matter). From the bit I can see those look similar.

One thing I like about the Rangers is that POI is identical to practice ammo. How do these compare POI to tpical practice ammo?
    My POI is nearly the same as long as there is no shooter errors on my part. They sell a FMJ Win1911 ammo that I have tested the JHP ammo against and both are close to the exact same POI.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

A good marketing ploy by Winchester right up there with Hornaday zombie ammo.

Looks like good ammo Winchester makes good ammo buy it if you want.

Considering the 1911 was designed for the 45acp fmj. That always has been a problem with the 1911 design. A lot of them wouldn't function well with modern hollow points unless worked on. A lot of the newer ones well.

If your 1911 well only shoot this ammo one might think it could use some work from a pistol smith.

My Ruger P90 so far functions and feeds with any thing from 185JHPs to 255gr lead SWC.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

GREAT MARKETING on Winchester's part.
    But no thanks, for standard fair I'd go, Golddot, Golden Sabre or HST.

An outstanding personal defense load using Barnes' excellent all copper bullet. This load should only be used in full sized guns that have a +P recoil spring.

Caliber : .450 SMC
    Bullet : 160gr. Barnes TAC-XP Lead Free
    Ballistics : 1350fps - 648 ft./lbs. - 5" 1911

My preferred SD rd.
    Last edited by Marco; 10-09-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    A good marketing ploy by Winchester right up there with Hornaday zombie ammo.

Looks like good ammo Winchester makes good ammo buy it if you want.

Considering the 1911 was designed for the 45acp fmj. That always has been a problem with the 1911 design. A lot of them wouldn't function well with modern hollow points unless worked on. A lot of the newer ones well.

If your 1911 well only shoot this ammo one might think it could use some work from a pistol smith.

My Ruger P90 so far functions and feeds with any thing from 185JHPs to 255gr lead SWC.
    I think the comparison to zombie ammo is unfair as that ammo seems just gimmicky. This appears to be an honest attempt to keep enough radius into the hollowpoint to facilitate the profile of a FMJ at a point where the round will properly angle on and travel up the ramp of even older 1911s. It looks to have a bit more radius than the Rangers and obviously doesn't have the scalloping of the Rangers. And it's price point is reasonable for SD ammo. Meh, I'm no expert, just thinking out loud maybe.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."