• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oh how fickle are the political rivals

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This may be deleted because it only deals with open carry in a remote way, but here goes.

Our positions on things change with the wind if we don't have bedrock under our feet when we make them the first time.
Several elections ago, Jerry Kilgore was bidding for the Governors position. Kilgore was the best person for the job even though he only gave gun owners lip service.

But then in the midst of the campaign, Tucker Martin with the Kilgore team commented that VCDL President, had no credibility. This set off a firestorm and the race was close. Many people, including myself, wrote in Philip Van Cleve and the end result was Kilgore lost by just about the same number of votes as there were VCDL members. Tucker and Kilgore gave us Tim Kaine, another sombitch.

Martin was to be forever branded a sombitch....or was he?

Enter McDonnell who hired Tucker even though he was a sombitch.

Bob was the poster boy for VCDL and Philip announced all was forgiven to Martin.

For me, McDonnell was a son of a sombitch for hedging on State Forest and Park carry and for hiring that sombitch for his campaign.

Anyway....McDonnell was elected, I continued to stick pins in a McDonnell Doll and the lobby continued to praise him.....until the scandal erupted....then McDonnell became the unspoken word. :lol:

Present time...Ed Gillespie won't return the VCDL survey and guess who is on his coat tails....Our old buddy, the forgiven sombitch, Tucker Martin and VCDL is again calling him low down and high smelling.

Seems to me that once a sombitch, always a sombitch and if a candidate brings the sombitch on board, the candidate goes into the sombitch file.

Bedrock is always better than running sand.

Last edited:

builtjeep

facebook_like_button_big.jpeg

Brian D.

I think that such information about political backstories and backsliding is VERY pertinent to helping firearms owners learn about the sausage-factory process of making better laws. It is best done via in-person conversation (like those meals you seemingly bottomless pit Virginia activists are always having together) but with some care these things can also be communicated through 'print media' like these forums.

My "political godfather" if you will over at Ohioans For Concealed Carry's forums is a great example. He has stumped for candidates both out front and behind the scenes for eons now. When we e-mail or PM back and forth I sometimes miss certain subtleties he's trying to get across. But having beverages and cigars at a tobacco shop we both frequent, it's much easier to pick up the finer points while chatting.

Repeater

This may be deleted because it only deals with open carry in a remote way, but here goes.

Our positions on things change with the wind if we don't have bedrock under our feet when we make them the first time.
Several elections ago, Jerry Kilgore was bidding for the Governors position. Kilgore was the best person for the job even though he only gave gun owners lip service.

But then in the midst of the campaign, Tucker Martin with the Kilgore team commented that VCDL President, had no credibility. This set off a firestorm and the race was close. Many people, including myself, wrote in Philip Van Cleve and the end result was Kilgore lost by just about the same number of votes as there were VCDL members. Tucker and Kilgore gave us Tim Kaine, another sombitch.

Martin was to be forever branded a sombitch....or was he?

Enter McDonnell who hired Tucker even though he was a sombitch.

Yes, Tucker is a problem for Ed. See here.

The latest VA ALERT addresses the Tucker problem. Question is, does Ed understand the problem?

va_tazdad

Is Ed Gillespie with Tucker Martin worse for Virginia in general and gun owners in particular than Mark Warner elected again?

No, but he is a 2nd Amendment lip service champion.

Warner on the other hand is one of Dianne Feinstein's anti-gun buddies. He sees nothing wrong with more useless gun control laws.

Sarvis is .............unelectable in my opinion.

Blk97F150

Warner on the other hand is one of Dianne Feinstein's anti-gun buddies. He sees nothing wrong with more useless gun control laws.

Agreed, on all counts. While I don't think Ed Gillespie will do much 'for' gun rights in Virginia, I doubt that he will do much to hurt gun rights either. With Warner, I'm positive he would work towards adding more restrictions and 'controls' on lawful gun owners.

Thundar

VA TAZDAD,

I admit, the odds of a Sarvis victory are astronomical, but no less astronomical than Gillespie.

This election is, for VCDL, a real litmus test. Libertarians have fully supported VCDL and gun rights. The Republican candidate refuses to even return a survey from VCDL PAC.

AtackDuck

Letter to Gillespie campaign on Tucker Martin

Ask Tucker Martin if he still thinks “'While we have great respect for the members of the VCDL, their President Phillip Van Cleave unfortunately has no credibility on Second Amendment issues…”

With that ignorant statement, Tucker Martin singlehandedly cost Terry Kilgore the support of over 3,000 VCDL members who would have worked for Kilgore’s election. Instead he got over 2,000 VCDL members actively working AGAINST Kilgore’s election. It looks as if he is at it again. Confident that the blessing of the NRA is enough, he advises Gillespie that the most influential gun rights organization in Virginia can be ignored. This may be a good way to help Warner, but I thought the idea was to elect Gillespie. Mr. Gillespie should ask Sen. Saslaw about the influence of VCDL. Just prepare to duck when you mention VCDL to him.

I highly recommend Mr. Gillespie fully answer VCDL’s questionnaire and possibly gain their full support and activism. He gave the usual political BS answers and that is a non-starter and only worth the support BS gets.

As for the loser Tucker Martin: can him. He is an anchor pulling down the campaign and he will lose this one for Gillespie, too.

va_tazdad

VA TAZDAD,

I admit, the odds of a Sarvis victory are astronomical, but no less astronomical than Gillespie.

This election is, for VCDL, a real litmus test. Libertarians have fully supported VCDL and gun rights. The Republican candidate refuses to even return a survey from VCDL PAC.

Based on the Sarvis record of losses, Ed will probably have 10 times the votes of Sarvis. I doubt he could be elected dog catcher at this point. He is nothing more than another community organizer, and an "also ran".

I know there are those here that support him, but I do not. This is America and these differences are what make this country great.

Repeater

Latest debate: no mention of gun rights

Pointless debate was "moderated" by Chuck Todd. Why do clueless republicans agree to allow Leftists to moderate so-called debates that are really news-conference-style inquisitions? It may as well be Candy Crowley asking biased questions.

Imagine a real debate moderated by Laura Ingraham. She could cross examine both candidates. She could ask why the other candidate was shunned. She could ask if the candidates support repealing any current gun control laws.

She could kick ass.