Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Ohio open-carry supporters bring guns to Walmart police shooting protest

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boone County, KY
    Posts
    312

    Ohio open-carry supporters bring guns to Walmart police shooting protest

    Ohio open-carry supporters bring guns to Walmart police shooting protest

    40 people showed up at the Beavercreek Walmart to protest and some of them were open carrying.

    http://rt.com/usa/193656-guns-walmar...ford-shooting/


    “We came here armed. We are proponents of open-carry. This case is clearly a case related to open carry. Maybe John Crawford wasn’t carrying a real firearm but he was carrying what seemed to be a real firearm, and the over-reaction of the police in this instance is completely outrageous,” Virgil Vadura told WDTN."
    Last edited by Midwest; 10-07-2014 at 08:37 AM.
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Good for them. Raise the consciousness. I hope they did it in high style, you know no-gangsta, appropriate dress.

  3. #3
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    This is great, although I think it's a stretch that legal OC is relevant. Glad someone is demanding justice though!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,151
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    This is great, although I think it's a stretch that legal OC is relevant. Glad someone is demanding justice though!
    LOL D'you mean RT.com, Russia Times?

    US lamestream media has abandoned any semblance of righteousness, leaving the field abandoned to the foreign press.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL D'you mean RT.com, Russia Times?

    US lamestream media has abandoned any semblance of righteousness, leaving the field abandoned to the foreign press.
    I meant the OCers!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    The 911 caller needs to be prosecuted.
    ORC 2923.03 Complicity
    (A) No person, acting with the kind of culpability required for the commission of an offense, shall do any of the following:
    (4) Cause an innocent or irresponsible person to commit the offense.
    (F) Whoever violates this section is guilty of complicity in the commission of an offense, and shall be prosecuted and punished as if he were a principal offender. A charge of complicity may be stated in terms of this section, or in terms of the principal offense.
    If this happened this should take some of the wind out of the Moms demand action group's threats.

  7. #7
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    The 911 caller needs to be prosecuted.


    If this happened this should take some of the wind out of the Moms demand action group's threats.
    Agreed 100%. The guy is a scumbag.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  8. #8
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    LOL D'you mean RT.com, Russia Times?

    US lamestream media has abandoned any semblance of righteousness, leaving the field abandoned to the foreign press.
    Also, FYI, RT.com (it's actually Russia Today, not Times), is a propaganda news service for Russia. Go look at their coverage of the Ukraine situation and you'll see it. It's pretty bad. So I wouldn't trust anything they have to say about US news.

    That being said, does anyone find it counterproductive, or at least misguided, to have the protest at Wal-Mart? Wal-Mart had no involvement in the event-it simply happened in their store.

    If anything they should be protesting in front of the trigger happy police department, or in front of the guy's house that called 911 and lied about the actions of the deceased prior to the shooting.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boone County, KY
    Posts
    312

    RT Story was from WDTN 2 Dayton Ohio

    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    Also, FYI, RT.com (it's actually Russia Today, not Times), is a propaganda news service for Russia. Go look at their coverage of the Ukraine situation and you'll see it. It's pretty bad. So I wouldn't trust anything they have to say about US news.
    I find RT has more credibility than MSNBC. Besides the RT story was citing a story that originated from WDTN Channel 2 in Dayton Ohio.


    "Open Carry rally held in front of Beavercreek Walmart"

    http://wdtn.com/2014/10/04/open-carr...creek-walmart/


    "BEAVERCREEK, Ohio (WDTN) — Dozens gathered in front of the Beavercreek Walmart for a rally held by the Ohio Open Carry group Saturday afternoon.

    Following the grand jury’s decision not to indict the officer who shot John Crawford III, the group scheduled the open carry walk and protest in front of the Beavercreek store. The group said it was an effort to show solidarity with the Crawford family and protest the Beavercreek Police Department’s policies.

    Crawford was shot and killed August 5 when he picked up a BB gun from a store shelf and carried it around the store.

    About 40 people came out Saturday to support the rally. Some carried signs reading “I am John Crawford” and “Serve and Protect. Not Serve to Kill”.

    To date, there have been dozens of protests following the Walmart shooting."

    .
    Last edited by Midwest; 10-07-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    SovereignAxe,

    Beavercreek police address - 1388 Research Park Dr, Dayton, OH 45432

    Walmart address - 3360 Pentagon Blvd, Dayton, OH 45431

    Why demonstrate at Walmart? It's called location. location, location.......

  11. #11
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    SovereignAxe,

    Beavercreek police address - 1388 Research Park Dr, Dayton, OH 45432

    Walmart address - 3360 Pentagon Blvd, Dayton, OH 45431

    Why demonstrate at Walmart? It's called location. location, location.......
    With real gats on hips and Airsoft "rifles" on shoulders.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  12. #12
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    I find RT has more credibility than MSNBC. Besides the RT story was citing a story that originated from WDTN Channel 2 in Dayton Ohio.
    That's not saying much.

    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    SovereignAxe,

    Beavercreek police address - 1388 Research Park Dr, Dayton, OH 45432

    Walmart address - 3360 Pentagon Blvd, Dayton, OH 45431

    Why demonstrate at Walmart? It's called location. location, location.......
    I understand that, but gun owners already on Wal-Mart's good side. Why jeopardize that?

    I guess it's worth the risk?
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  13. #13
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139

    Protesters occupying police station

    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  14. #14
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    SovereignAxe,

    Beavercreek police address - 1388 Research Park Dr, Dayton, OH 45432

    Walmart address - 3360 Pentagon Blvd, Dayton, OH 45431

    Why demonstrate at Walmart? It's called location. location, location.......
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I understand that, but gun owners already on Wal-Mart's good side. Why jeopardize that?

    I guess it's worth the risk?
    It appears you don't understand. Not one word was spoken against Walmart. Not one sign mentions Walmart.

    Walmart is on the main drag of Beavercreek. The police station is off the beaten path.

    Not one news article or station made any reference to anyone holding Walmart culpable.

    Again, location. location, location.......

  15. #15
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    It appears you don't understand. Not one word was spoken against Walmart. Not one sign mentions Walmart.

    Walmart is on the main drag of Beavercreek. The police station is off the beaten path.

    Not one news article or station made any reference to anyone holding Walmart culpable.

    Again, location. location, location.......
    Then you must have misunderstood me as well.

    I'm not criticizing the protesters for protesting against Wal-Mart (because I know they aren't), but for using their property to further their agenda. We can all agree with the agenda, sure. But Wal-Mart has a business to run, and if they have a bunch of protesters crowded around the entrance or in the parking lot, not only could that be detrimental for their business (I know I don't like to go to Wal-Mart when it's particularly crowded, myself), but they have every right to tell all of the protesters to leave, or have them trespassed if they don't.

    Now forgive me for not actually reading the article (as I said, this comes from a propaganda news source, so I'm not giving them ad revenue by clicking), but the thread says that the protesters showed up at Wal-Mart, not at the sidewalk in front of Wal-Mart, or other public property adjacent to WM. If the protesters aren't on WM's property, forget everything I just said. Also, if the protesters have received prior permission from WM for this demonstration ignore this post.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Batavia
    Posts
    146
    And then you have this....

    Walmart shooting protesters may stay the night

    I'd hate to live in Beavercreek and actually need to make a police report. Protesting on the sidewalk is one thing (which I'm cool with), blocking access to the station for citizens, how does that affect the PD at all, IMO it actually hurts the public more. Aren't they trying to get justice for the public? Seems like their motive is backwards.

    I'd welcome all to come sit in my police lobby, less work for us to do and we still get paid.
    Last edited by JediSkipdogg; 10-08-2014 at 09:45 PM.

  17. #17
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,726
    Lets be clear, the open carry group is or was not involved with any protesting at the police station. Nor has the open carriers condoned or supported any interference with the police.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by JediSkipdogg View Post
    And then you have this....

    Walmart shooting protesters may stay the night

    I'd hate to live in Beavercreek and actually need to make a police report. Protesting on the sidewalk is one thing (which I'm cool with), blocking access to the station for citizens, how does that affect the PD at all, IMO it actually hurts the public more. Aren't they trying to get justice for the public? Seems like their motive is backwards.

    I'd welcome all to come sit in my police lobby, less work for us to do and we still get paid.
    Reckon you're not the guy who has to clean and restock the bathroom, Jedi! :LOL: Which reminds me of a related joke:

    Headline in local newspaper: "Toilet seat stolen from police station...cops have nothing to go on."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •