• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio open-carry supporters bring guns to Walmart police shooting protest

Midwest

Ohio open-carry supporters bring guns to Walmart police shooting protest

40 people showed up at the Beavercreek Walmart to protest and some of them were open carrying.

http://rt.com/usa/193656-guns-walmart-crawford-shooting/

“We came here armed. We are proponents of open-carry. This case is clearly a case related to open carry. Maybe John Crawford wasn’t carrying a real firearm but he was carrying what seemed to be a real firearm, and the over-reaction of the police in this instance is completely outrageous,” Virgil Vadura told WDTN."

Last edited:

Maverick9

Good for them. Raise the consciousness. I hope they did it in high style, you know no-gangsta, appropriate dress.

The Truth

This is great, although I think it's a stretch that legal OC is relevant. Glad someone is demanding justice though!

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The 911 caller needs to be prosecuted.
ORC 2923.03 Complicity
(A) No person, acting with the kind of culpability required for the commission of an offense, shall do any of the following:
(4) Cause an innocent or irresponsible person to commit the offense.
(F) Whoever violates this section is guilty of complicity in the commission of an offense, and shall be prosecuted and punished as if he were a principal offender. A charge of complicity may be stated in terms of this section, or in terms of the principal offense.

If this happened this should take some of the wind out of the Moms demand action group's threats.

SovereignAxe

LOL D'you mean RT.com, Russia Times?

US lamestream media has abandoned any semblance of righteousness, leaving the field abandoned to the foreign press.

Also, FYI, RT.com (it's actually Russia Today, not Times), is a propaganda news service for Russia. Go look at their coverage of the Ukraine situation and you'll see it. It's pretty bad. So I wouldn't trust anything they have to say about US news.

That being said, does anyone find it counterproductive, or at least misguided, to have the protest at Wal-Mart? Wal-Mart had no involvement in the event-it simply happened in their store.

If anything they should be protesting in front of the trigger happy police department, or in front of the guy's house that called 911 and lied about the actions of the deceased prior to the shooting.

Midwest

RT Story was from WDTN 2 Dayton Ohio

Also, FYI, RT.com (it's actually Russia Today, not Times), is a propaganda news service for Russia. Go look at their coverage of the Ukraine situation and you'll see it. It's pretty bad. So I wouldn't trust anything they have to say about US news.

I find RT has more credibility than MSNBC. Besides the RT story was citing a story that originated from WDTN Channel 2 in Dayton Ohio.

"Open Carry rally held in front of Beavercreek Walmart"

http://wdtn.com/2014/10/04/open-carry-rally-held-in-front-of-beavercreek-walmart/

"BEAVERCREEK, Ohio (WDTN) — Dozens gathered in front of the Beavercreek Walmart for a rally held by the Ohio Open Carry group Saturday afternoon.

Following the grand jury’s decision not to indict the officer who shot John Crawford III, the group scheduled the open carry walk and protest in front of the Beavercreek store. The group said it was an effort to show solidarity with the Crawford family and protest the Beavercreek Police Department’s policies.

Crawford was shot and killed August 5 when he picked up a BB gun from a store shelf and carried it around the store.

About 40 people came out Saturday to support the rally. Some carried signs reading “I am John Crawford” and “Serve and Protect. Not Serve to Kill”.

To date, there have been dozens of protests following the Walmart shooting."

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
SovereignAxe,

Beavercreek police address - 1388 Research Park Dr, Dayton, OH 45432

Walmart address - 3360 Pentagon Blvd, Dayton, OH 45431

Why demonstrate at Walmart? It's called location. location, location.......

SovereignAxe

I find RT has more credibility than MSNBC. Besides the RT story was citing a story that originated from WDTN Channel 2 in Dayton Ohio.
That's not saying much.

SovereignAxe,

I understand that, but gun owners already on Wal-Mart's good side. Why jeopardize that?

I guess it's worth the risk?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
SovereignAxe,

I understand that, but gun owners already on Wal-Mart's good side. Why jeopardize that?

I guess it's worth the risk?
It appears you don't understand. Not one word was spoken against Walmart. Not one sign mentions Walmart.

Walmart is on the main drag of Beavercreek. The police station is off the beaten path.

Not one news article or station made any reference to anyone holding Walmart culpable.

Again, location. location, location.......

SovereignAxe

It appears you don't understand. Not one word was spoken against Walmart. Not one sign mentions Walmart.

Walmart is on the main drag of Beavercreek. The police station is off the beaten path.

Not one news article or station made any reference to anyone holding Walmart culpable.

Again, location. location, location.......

Then you must have misunderstood me as well.

I'm not criticizing the protesters for protesting against Wal-Mart (because I know they aren't), but for using their property to further their agenda. We can all agree with the agenda, sure. But Wal-Mart has a business to run, and if they have a bunch of protesters crowded around the entrance or in the parking lot, not only could that be detrimental for their business (I know I don't like to go to Wal-Mart when it's particularly crowded, myself), but they have every right to tell all of the protesters to leave, or have them trespassed if they don't.

Now forgive me for not actually reading the article (as I said, this comes from a propaganda news source, so I'm not giving them ad revenue by clicking), but the thread says that the protesters showed up at Wal-Mart, not at the sidewalk in front of Wal-Mart, or other public property adjacent to WM. If the protesters aren't on WM's property, forget everything I just said. Also, if the protesters have received prior permission from WM for this demonstration ignore this post.

JediSkipdogg

And then you have this....

Walmart shooting protesters may stay the night

I'd hate to live in Beavercreek and actually need to make a police report. Protesting on the sidewalk is one thing (which I'm cool with), blocking access to the station for citizens, how does that affect the PD at all, IMO it actually hurts the public more. Aren't they trying to get justice for the public? Seems like their motive is backwards.

I'd welcome all to come sit in my police lobby, less work for us to do and we still get paid.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Lets be clear, the open carry group is or was not involved with any protesting at the police station. Nor has the open carriers condoned or supported any interference with the police.

Brian D.

And then you have this....

Walmart shooting protesters may stay the night

I'd hate to live in Beavercreek and actually need to make a police report. Protesting on the sidewalk is one thing (which I'm cool with), blocking access to the station for citizens, how does that affect the PD at all, IMO it actually hurts the public more. Aren't they trying to get justice for the public? Seems like their motive is backwards.

I'd welcome all to come sit in my police lobby, less work for us to do and we still get paid.

Reckon you're not the guy who has to clean and restock the bathroom, Jedi! :LOL: Which reminds me of a related joke:

Headline in local newspaper: "Toilet seat stolen from police station...cops have nothing to go on."