Thread: One question is all you need to screen a candidate. Condolences to CNN, FOX, etc.

One question is all you need to screen a candidate. Condolences to CNN, FOX, etc.

With one question: "Do you believe free adults have a right to own and peaceably carry firearms of military pattern without a license?" you can find the lesser of two evils. I have tried this a few times and sure enough it works. Has anyone had a different experience?

For this reason (as a time saver) I am a single issue voter, who only participates in local and state elections. I am aware that many libertarians view voting as an act of aggression, and I am somewhat sympathetic to that view under our current statist system. For this reason and because there is no practical difference on so many other issues and because one vote is meaningless, I do not vote for national office holders (senate, congress, president). I don't want to legitimize their sick game with their false choices.

If a person were devoted, it is possible to influence policy at the local level. I believe in the non aggression principle (nap) and am interested in many issues. Since I have to participate in the system I practice voting for the "lesser evil" in local elections but only look at a candidate's view on the right to keep and bear arms.

I will also add that relatively free gun ownership in most states is the only thing that makes us freer than other first world nations. It's boring and depressing how similar US, UK, French, Canadian, French, etc laws are. In fact some totalitarian states (Singapore and China for example) now have more economic freedom and lower taxes than the USSA.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    With one question: "Do you believe free adults have a right to own and peaceably carry firearms of military pattern without a license?" you can find the lesser of two evils. I have tried this a few times and sure enough it works. Has anyone had a different experience?

For this reason (as a time saver) I am a single issue voter, who only participates in local and state elections. I am aware that many libertarians view voting as an act of aggression, and I am somewhat sympathetic to that view under our current statist system. For this reason and because there is no practical difference on so many other issues and because one vote is meaningless, I do not vote for national office holders (senate, congress, president). I don't want to legitimize their sick game with their false choices.

If a person were devoted, it is possible to influence policy at the local level. I believe in the non aggression principle (nap) and am interested in many issues. Since I have to participate in the system I practice voting for the "lesser evil" in local elections but only look at a candidate's view on the right to keep and bear arms.

I will also add that relatively free gun ownership in most states is the only thing that makes us freer than other first world nations. It's boring and depressing how similar US, UK, French, Canadian, French, etc laws are. In fact some totalitarian states (Singapore and China for example) now have more economic freedom and lower taxes than the USSA.
    Seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSW3s-Wm9Y

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    I will never vote for evil... no matter what you compare it to.
    My only question is "Do you intend to legislate based on the assumption that every man owns his own body and can do whatever he wants with it save directly hurting others?"
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Voting for the lesser of two evils has got the be the dumbest idea in the history of voting.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Banned
    My question would be: are you alive?

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Voting for the lesser of two evils has got the be the dumbest idea in the history of voting.
    Yeah, but I'm going to be victimized no matter what. May as well try to mitigate the damage. The enemy of the better is the perfect. I do agree though at some subjective point voting is pointless or immoral, which is why I don't vote for national office.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    My question would be: are you alive?
    Only if it has the ending of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLaTmro5MfE