Thread: NRA gives anti gun Pam Bondi "A" rating

NRA gives anti gun Pam Bondi "A" rating

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/florida/

Pam Bondi is fighting what she knows will likely be a successful battle (because of the corruption of the government's courts) against the right for general open carry in Florida. See Norman vs Florida.

They do rightly give Charlie Crist a "D". If Scott loses, that guarantees no OC for at least 4 years, maybe more as Florida becomes more "liberal" (i.e. anti-liberty).

They give Adam Putnam an "A+" despite the fact that there is an "error" on the restriction page related to carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol of the official CWFL website. This is probably just an unfortunate oversight but it has been there for awhile and may be wrongly interpreted by the casual viewer. There is an asterisk, but why not just put the whole statute there?

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divi...n-Restrictions

Given an "A+" was state senator John Thrasher. He is actually worse than a standard anti gunner, selling out your gun rights when one of his donor friends went anti rights because his daughter was negligently killed by a man-child with a gun.
    Last edited by 77zach; 10-07-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Cha-ching! Follow the money. Don't get any simpler than that.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Cha-ching! Follow the money. Don't get any simpler than that.
    It's just strange because the chief NRA voice in FL is Marion Hammer and she is interested in advancing our rights. She is adept at dealing with these political vermin and I believe that if she could end all of Fl's mala prohibita gun laws she would ( except possibly so called "background checks" about which many pro gun people are mistaken.)

My best guess is that the better candidate is given an exaggerated good grade to get people to the polls. The Democrats would generally be intolerable (unless you're a north korean) so let's motivate people to vote for the lesser of two evils.
    Last edited by 77zach; 10-07-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/florida/

Pam Bondi is fighting what she knows will likely be a successful battle (because of the corruption of the government's courts) against the right for general open carry in Florida. See Norman vs Florida.

They do rightly give Charlie Crist a "D". If Scott loses, that guarantees no OC for at least 4 years, maybe more as Florida becomes more "liberal" (i.e. anti-liberty).

They give Adam Putnam an "A+" despite the fact that there is an "error" on the restriction page related to carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol of the official CWFL website. This is probably just an unfortunate oversight but it has been there for awhile and may be wrongly interpreted by the casual viewer. There is an asterisk, but why not just put the whole statute there?

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divi...n-Restrictions

Given an "A+" was state senator John Thrasher. He is actually worse than a standard anti gunner, selling out your gun rights when one of his donor friends went anti rights because his daughter was negligently killed by a man-child with a gun.
    If Scott loses, that guarantees no OC for at least 4 years, maybe more as Florida becomes more "liberal" (i.e. anti-liberty).
    If Scott loses......Homestead goes on the market, I'm Kentucky bound!!
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Banned
    The NRA has NO interest in American's having their Constitutional Rights honored. They have not been lost, so "restored" is not the right word. Until the Second Amendment is removed, it still has ABSOLUTE preemption over any illegal "law" States wish to enact.