• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA gives anti gun Pam Bondi "A" rating

77zach

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/florida/

Pam Bondi is fighting what she knows will likely be a successful battle (because of the corruption of the government's courts) against the right for general open carry in Florida. See Norman vs Florida.

They do rightly give Charlie Crist a "D". If Scott loses, that guarantees no OC for at least 4 years, maybe more as Florida becomes more "liberal" (i.e. anti-liberty).

They give Adam Putnam an "A+" despite the fact that there is an "error" on the restriction page related to carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol of the official CWFL website. This is probably just an unfortunate oversight but it has been there for awhile and may be wrongly interpreted by the casual viewer. There is an asterisk, but why not just put the whole statute there?

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...e/Related-Information/Possession-Restrictions

Given an "A+" was state senator John Thrasher. He is actually worse than a standard anti gunner, selling out your gun rights when one of his donor friends went anti rights because his daughter was negligently killed by a man-child with a gun.

Last edited:

77zach

Cha-ching! Follow the money. Don't get any simpler than that.
It's just strange because the chief NRA voice in FL is Marion Hammer and she is interested in advancing our rights. She is adept at dealing with these political vermin and I believe that if she could end all of Fl's mala prohibita gun laws she would ( except possibly so called "background checks" about which many pro gun people are mistaken.)

My best guess is that the better candidate is given an exaggerated good grade to get people to the polls. The Democrats would generally be intolerable (unless you're a north korean) so let's motivate people to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:

2OLD2W8

https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/florida/

Pam Bondi is fighting what she knows will likely be a successful battle (because of the corruption of the government's courts) against the right for general open carry in Florida. See Norman vs Florida.

They do rightly give Charlie Crist a "D". If Scott loses, that guarantees no OC for at least 4 years, maybe more as Florida becomes more "liberal" (i.e. anti-liberty).

They give Adam Putnam an "A+" despite the fact that there is an "error" on the restriction page related to carrying in restaurants that serve alcohol of the official CWFL website. This is probably just an unfortunate oversight but it has been there for awhile and may be wrongly interpreted by the casual viewer. There is an asterisk, but why not just put the whole statute there?

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Div...e/Related-Information/Possession-Restrictions

Given an "A+" was state senator John Thrasher. He is actually worse than a standard anti gunner, selling out your gun rights when one of his donor friends went anti rights because his daughter was negligently killed by a man-child with a gun.

If Scott loses, that guarantees no OC for at least 4 years, maybe more as Florida becomes more "liberal" (i.e. anti-liberty).

If Scott loses......Homestead goes on the market, I'm Kentucky bound!!

Jeff. State

Banned
The NRA has NO interest in American's having their Constitutional Rights honored. They have not been lost, so "restored" is not the right word. Until the Second Amendment is removed, it still has ABSOLUTE preemption over any illegal "law" States wish to enact.