Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Who needs a gun in a stadium?.......

  1. #1
    Regular Member wrearick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Posts
    635

    Who needs a gun in a stadium?.......

    This in from Fox news.

    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/07...andom-attacks/

    Story is a bit convoluted and doesn't always draw clear conclusions.....for example.

    "In Southern California, police Monday were looking for three men suspected of brutally beating a man in the parking lot of Angel Stadium of Anaheim after the Angels' playoff game Friday night. Anaheim police said a 43-year-old former Los Angeles police officer was walking to his car with a relative when they were attacked, apparently for no reason."

    However: "The Angels said in a statement that while they are constantly looking to improve security, their response Friday night was almost immediate and the team is satisfied with the reaction."

    BUT - they are still looking for 3 suspects 3 days later and the former officer is in critical condition......the response obviously wasn't immediate enough and I would not be satisfied with the reaction!

  2. #2
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    HD TV baby...HD TV. Saves time, money, and possibly your life.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    HD TV baby...HD TV. Saves time, money, and possibly your life.
    Yep. Best seat in the house.

    Watching some football Sunday being played in an SRO stadium we laughed at the perfect site for a martyr bomber with Ebola EVD to suicide.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    [sarcasm]Serves him right for not only being an Angels fan, but paying money to see that garbage, overrated, overpaid team.[/sarcasm] As if watching CJ Wilson give the series away wasn't enough...guy gets beat up after the game. Brutal.
    Last edited by The Truth; 10-08-2014 at 12:46 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    The only people that need to carry a gun into a stadium are those that go to the stadium.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    The only people that need to carry a gun into a stadium are those that go to the stadium.
    Congrats, David. This is the first thing I've ever agreed with you wholeheartedly.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  7. #7
    Regular Member wrearick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Serves him right for not only being an Angels fan, but paying money to see that garbage, overrated, overpaid team. As if watching CJ Wilson give the series away wasn't enough...guy gets beat up after the game. Brutal.
    Please be careful. I KNOW that your comment was tongue in cheek on anyone let alone a former police officer deserving to be victimized but those sort of statements have a way up showing up on other websites as proof that folks here at OCDO are:
    1. Anti-Police (regardless that he was former police)
    2. Beleive those that choose to live as sheep deserve to be slaughtered as sheep...(serves them right)
    and I am sure the list could go on and on.

    Pro-gun sites right now are "sharing" numerous comments from the MADV group about setting up OCers to get shot or how they would shoot them in a Krogers (in case the OCer was possibly going to shoot first) that put the group in a bad light.

    They are fanatiical enough without giving them quotes to use out of context.

    Be Safe

  8. #8
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by wrearick View Post
    Please be careful. I KNOW that your comment was tongue in cheek on anyone let alone a former police officer deserving to be victimized but those sort of statements have a way up showing up on other websites as proof that folks here at OCDO are:
    1. Anti-Police (regardless that he was former police)
    2. Beleive those that choose to live as sheep deserve to be slaughtered as sheep...(serves them right)
    and I am sure the list could go on and on.

    Pro-gun sites right now are "sharing" numerous comments from the MADV group about setting up OCers to get shot or how they would shoot them in a Krogers (in case the OCer was possibly going to shoot first) that put the group in a bad light.

    They are fanatiical enough without giving them quotes to use out of context.

    Be Safe
    Understood. Post edited to reflect sarcasm of a die hard (no pun intended) baseball fan making more a joke about the Angels and how bad they are as opposed to personally attacking the victim.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Congrats, David. This is the first thing I've ever agreed with you wholeheartedly.
    Thanks...eventually everyone agrees with something ..

    I was at my capitol bldg today talking about the unlawfulness of the legislature keeping guns out of the bldg.

    Some legislative aides agreed, some thought my arguments should at least be considered. All took notes and said that I would be hearing back from them...my argument? Based on CGS Sec. 1-225(e) that states:

    (e) No member of the public shall be required, as a condition to attendance at a meeting of any such body, to register the memberís name, or furnish other information, or complete a questionnaire or otherwise fulfill any condition precedent to the memberís attendance.


    So...saying you cannot bring a gun into the bldg where meetings are held (and now they have metal detectors grrrr) is a condition IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •