• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in a stadium?.......

wrearick

This in from Fox news.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/0...spotlight-after-two-seemingly-random-attacks/

Story is a bit convoluted and doesn't always draw clear conclusions.....for example.

"In Southern California, police Monday were looking for three men suspected of brutally beating a man in the parking lot of Angel Stadium of Anaheim after the Angels' playoff game Friday night. Anaheim police said a 43-year-old former Los Angeles police officer was walking to his car with a relative when they were attacked, apparently for no reason."

However: "The Angels said in a statement that while they are constantly looking to improve security, their response Friday night was almost immediate and the team is satisfied with the reaction."

BUT - they are still looking for 3 suspects 3 days later and the former officer is in critical condition......the response obviously wasn't immediate enough and I would not be satisfied with the reaction!

The Truth

[sarcasm]Serves him right for not only being an Angels fan, but paying money to see that garbage, overrated, overpaid team.[/sarcasm] As if watching CJ Wilson give the series away wasn't enough...guy gets beat up after the game. Brutal.

Last edited:

wrearick

Serves him right for not only being an Angels fan, but paying money to see that garbage, overrated, overpaid team. As if watching CJ Wilson give the series away wasn't enough...guy gets beat up after the game. Brutal.

Please be careful. I KNOW that your comment was tongue in cheek on anyone let alone a former police officer deserving to be victimized but those sort of statements have a way up showing up on other websites as proof that folks here at OCDO are:
1. Anti-Police (regardless that he was former police)
2. Beleive those that choose to live as sheep deserve to be slaughtered as sheep...(serves them right)
and I am sure the list could go on and on.

Pro-gun sites right now are "sharing" numerous comments from the MADV group about setting up OCers to get shot or how they would shoot them in a Krogers (in case the OCer was possibly going to shoot first) that put the group in a bad light.

They are fanatiical enough without giving them quotes to use out of context.

Be Safe

The Truth

Please be careful. I KNOW that your comment was tongue in cheek on anyone let alone a former police officer deserving to be victimized but those sort of statements have a way up showing up on other websites as proof that folks here at OCDO are:
1. Anti-Police (regardless that he was former police)
2. Beleive those that choose to live as sheep deserve to be slaughtered as sheep...(serves them right)
and I am sure the list could go on and on.

Pro-gun sites right now are "sharing" numerous comments from the MADV group about setting up OCers to get shot or how they would shoot them in a Krogers (in case the OCer was possibly going to shoot first) that put the group in a bad light.

They are fanatiical enough without giving them quotes to use out of context.

Be Safe

Understood. Post edited to reflect sarcasm of a die hard (no pun intended) baseball fan making more a joke about the Angels and how bad they are as opposed to personally attacking the victim.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Congrats, David. This is the first thing I've ever agreed with you wholeheartedly.

Thanks...eventually everyone agrees with something ..:lol:

I was at my capitol bldg today talking about the unlawfulness of the legislature keeping guns out of the bldg.

Some legislative aides agreed, some thought my arguments should at least be considered. All took notes and said that I would be hearing back from them...my argument? Based on CGS Sec. 1-225(e) that states:

(e) No member of the public shall be required, as a condition to attendance at a meeting of any such body, to register the member’s name, or furnish other information, or complete a questionnaire or otherwise fulfill any condition precedent to the member’s attendance.

So...saying you cannot bring a gun into the bldg where meetings are held (and now they have metal detectors grrrr) is a condition IMO.