• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This may be it - OCer targeted because he was OCing?

protias

Presume that means it could have "possibly" been a chrome revolver.

The victim should have just given the BG he wanted......a cigarette. Then he would have been left alone :p

Did you really mean, "give him a light"? :p

since9

Campaign Veteran
A thread on Facebook was all over this. The general bent was OC-positive. A few LEOs jumped in and set the record straight with respect to much of the nonsense people kept posting about it.

Good for those LEOs!

SteveM

The straw purchase idea doesn't make sense to me, why get a .22LR that you can't buy ammo for when for the same money you could have had a 9mm?

Also keep in mind that Gresham is in Multnomah county which has an ordinance saying that to OC you must have a CHL. Now there is a bit of a discusion going on right now that the city should exempt for the county ordinance, but as of right now I don't believe there has been a ruling on this yet. So odds are this this man had a CHL which would take him anywhere from a few weeks to a month or more to get. I suppose it is possible to turn 21 and immediately go into business of supplying arms to the black market while having a clear criminal history of your own, but I doubt it.

A clear case of why smoking is bad for you.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yes. Click reply and simply state "reported."

Please [strike]other[/strike] do not pile on, discuss the spammer, nor report multiple times.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?124527-Spam-Attack&p=2099246#post2099246

My PM box is presently down. Will be back on line after this bump in the road it fixed.

A majority of the active, hard line spammers have been deleted and banned.

If you see a stray one out there, please PM me with a link.

With your help and perseverance, we will strive to keep OCDO on an even keel.

Thanks for all of your patience.

twoskinsonemanns

JoeSparky

Centurion
I do most surely appreciate the efforts of those "controlling" this forum for their monumentous hard work and effort. Even IF I do contribute to the need for them to do such work at times.

since9

Campaign Veteran
It wasn't loaded - so the OCer was relieved of his combination paper weight, soccer mom intimidator.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...tolen-open-carrier-wasnt-loaded-required-law/

Thanks, Grapeshot! That's quite informative!

Specifically (one small paragraph quoted from the article commensurate with U.S. copyright law, especially the Fair Use clause):

Multnomah County, Oregon, which includes Portland where the robbery took place, requires that openly carried guns must be unloaded. The ordinance also makes it an offense to possess a loaded magazine or speed loader if you don’t have a concealed carry permit. As the open carrier was barely old enough to apply for a CCW permit, it’s highly likely that he didn’t have one yet. None of the is was mentioned in the news coverage.

In parts:

Multnomah County, Oregon, which includes Portland where the robbery took place, requires that openly carried guns must be unloaded.

Grapes was right: Might as well be carrying a "combination paperweight, soccer mom intimidator."

The ordinance also makes it an offense to possess a loaded magazine or speed loader if you don’t have a concealed carry permit.

Yet another ordinance which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

As the open carrier was barely old enough to apply for a CCW permit, it’s highly likely that he didn’t have one yet. None of the is was mentioned in the news coverage.

This boils down to just one thing: Carrying a useless hunk of metal is, well, useless. Unless they're primed and ready, carrying around a firearm does nothing more than exercise a few muscle cells. No criminal will ever give you enough time to load a magazine. That's just insane.

Sounds to me like the legislators of Multinomah County are hell-bent on putting their citizens are serious risk of being subject to violent criminal activity.

Not smart. Not caring. Not kind.

ODAAT

1. OC when the law says you can't keep it loaded. Holy Cannoli. That's pathetic. It also pushes this right into the "crime of opportunity" category.

2. Couldn't be a better case for always going with condition 0 or at least condition 1 at all times.