Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: CCDW, I finally got it. woop woop.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gamaliel, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    181

    CCDW, I finally got it. woop woop.

    well it's been 6 weeks since i filled out my papers at the sheriff office, so in the mail today was a happy surprise. I have heard people on here saying it was like waiting for Christmas presents and finally getting to open it was the same feeling. I wasn't feeling quite like that waiting for it, before it got here, i'm feeling close to it waiting to get a chance to go pick it up. can't hardly wait till i go and get it, just thought i would let everyone know that is wondering on the time it takes. I got mine exactly 6 weeks from the time i filled out the papers at the sheriff's office. now to post some in the holster section, i bought a molded nylon holster that's made exactly for my service six but i don't believe it will last a very long time. gonna get a good one so i can buy once and be done. thanks everyone
    Last edited by boomer92266; 10-08-2014 at 10:32 AM.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Sir Diealotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Central Ky
    Posts
    253
    Congrats!

    Stay safe
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

    Thomas Paine

  3. #3
    Regular Member warvet68/69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    United States Louisville,Ky.
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer92266 View Post
    well it's been 6 weeks since i filled out my papers at the sheriff office, so in the mail today was a happy surprise. I have heard people on here saying it was like waiting for Christmas presents and finally getting to open it was the same feeling. I wasn't feeling quite like that waiting for it, before it got here, i'm feeling close to it waiting to get a chance to go pick it up. can't hardly wait till i go and get it, just thought i would let everyone know that is wondering on the time it takes. I got mine exactly 6 weeks from the time i filled out the papers at the sheriff's office. now to post some in the holster section, i bought a molded nylon holster that's made exactly for my service six but i don't believe it will last a very long time. gonna get a good one so i can buy once and be done. thanks everyone
    Congratulations...boomer!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boone County, KY
    Posts
    312
    Congratulations
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gamaliel, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    181
    it says i wait till the 16th before i get my license from the sheriff, is the 1 week wait normal?, how long till ya'll got yours after getting the paper in the mail? thanks

  6. #6
    Regular Member LEX_XDM40compact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    LEX, KY
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer92266 View Post
    it says i wait till the 16th before i get my license from the sheriff, is the 1 week wait normal?, how long till ya'll got yours after getting the paper in the mail? thanks
    Normally KSP sends you the letter the same time they send your licenses to the sheriff. Just call your sheriff office and ask if your incense has arrived yet.

    My lady just got hers recently, it took her 3.5 weeks from the day she dropped all the paper work off at the sheriff to the day she got the letter stating it was ready to be picked up. Hers also had a week window listed but she called the next day and it was there ready to be picked up!

    I believe a New KY law passed this year gives KSP only 60 days to issue or deny all applications they receive. This is what is causing the speed up in processing. Most I have seen recently are within 45.
    Last edited by LEX_XDM40compact; 10-08-2014 at 04:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Hey, someone got "his papers"..

    Hooray ?

    Enjoy them in any event

  8. #8
    Regular Member BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Murray, Kentucky
    Posts
    25
    Congrats. Welcome to the club. The drinks are on you....
    Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol - Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Caliber
    Cary Pistol - Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm
    Self Defense Stories

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gamaliel, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    181

    Update

    i went this morning and picked it up, it actually came yesterday at the sheriff. so one day after i got my paper they got the permit in. so now to carry as soon as i can, right now i need a good belt and holster, so maybe it won't be long.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Jefferson County, CO
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer92266 View Post
    i went this morning and picked it up, it actually came yesterday at the sheriff. so one day after i got my paper they got the permit in. so now to carry as soon as i can, right now i need a good belt and holster, so maybe it won't be long.
    Yay!

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Congrats. Welcome to the club. The drinks are on you....
    Agreed. I'll take a Killian's Irish Red, please.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gamaliel, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Oh, to hell with that. Just stick it in your belt, cover it up and go out. You deserve it, if only for one time. You've waited long enough.
    yep, with the saving of the money for the class and waiting on the permit it's been a good long wait. i went out tonight with it, carrying in a molded nylon pancake holster. i might not need a holster too fast the nylon did good. its shaped like my gun so it carried well, but my belt did sag some so a belt is got to be soon. thanks
    Last edited by boomer92266; 10-10-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •