• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDW, I finally got it. woop woop.

boomer92266

well it's been 6 weeks since i filled out my papers at the sheriff office, so in the mail today was a happy surprise. I have heard people on here saying it was like waiting for Christmas presents and finally getting to open it was the same feeling. I wasn't feeling quite like that waiting for it, before it got here, i'm feeling close to it waiting to get a chance to go pick it up. can't hardly wait till i go and get it, just thought i would let everyone know that is wondering on the time it takes. I got mine exactly 6 weeks from the time i filled out the papers at the sheriff's office. now to post some in the holster section, i bought a molded nylon holster that's made exactly for my service six but i don't believe it will last a very long time. gonna get a good one so i can buy once and be done. thanks everyone

Last edited:

warvet68/69

well it's been 6 weeks since i filled out my papers at the sheriff office, so in the mail today was a happy surprise. I have heard people on here saying it was like waiting for Christmas presents and finally getting to open it was the same feeling. I wasn't feeling quite like that waiting for it, before it got here, i'm feeling close to it waiting to get a chance to go pick it up. can't hardly wait till i go and get it, just thought i would let everyone know that is wondering on the time it takes. I got mine exactly 6 weeks from the time i filled out the papers at the sheriff's office. now to post some in the holster section, i bought a molded nylon holster that's made exactly for my service six but i don't believe it will last a very long time. gonna get a good one so i can buy once and be done. thanks everyone
Congratulations...boomer!

LEX_XDM40compact

it says i wait till the 16th before i get my license from the sheriff, is the 1 week wait normal?, how long till ya'll got yours after getting the paper in the mail? thanks

Normally KSP sends you the letter the same time they send your licenses to the sheriff. Just call your sheriff office and ask if your incense has arrived yet.

My lady just got hers recently, it took her 3.5 weeks from the day she dropped all the paper work off at the sheriff to the day she got the letter stating it was ready to be picked up. Hers also had a week window listed but she called the next day and it was there ready to be picked up!

I believe a New KY law passed this year gives KSP only 60 days to issue or deny all applications they receive. This is what is causing the speed up in processing. Most I have seen recently are within 45.

Last edited:

boomer92266

Update

i went this morning and picked it up, it actually came yesterday at the sheriff. so one day after i got my paper they got the permit in. so now to carry as soon as i can, right now i need a good belt and holster, so maybe it won't be long.

jackrockblc

i went this morning and picked it up, it actually came yesterday at the sheriff. so one day after i got my paper they got the permit in. so now to carry as soon as i can, right now i need a good belt and holster, so maybe it won't be long.

Yay!

Congrats. Welcome to the club. The drinks are on you....

Agreed. I'll take a Killian's Irish Red, please.

boomer92266

Oh, to hell with that. Just stick it in your belt, cover it up and go out. You deserve it, if only for one time. You've waited long enough.

yep, with the saving of the money for the class and waiting on the permit it's been a good long wait. i went out tonight with it, carrying in a molded nylon pancake holster. i might not need a holster too fast the nylon did good. its shaped like my gun so it carried well, but my belt did sag some so a belt is got to be soon. thanks

Last edited: