• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's your homepage?

Elhuero

For years mine was msn.com. Recently the format was changed to resemble windows 8. Big pictures and simple shapes to cater to millennial idiocracy. I'm now looking for a replacement and need some tips. So, what's your homepage?

()pen(arry

Actually what probably happened was Micro $oft Network went to HTML5 and Cascading Style Sheets and those I hate for their wasted screen space and idiotic primary colors and shapes.

I do not think that means what you think it means. The Microsoft branding aesthetic (the "tiles" with bright, contrasting colors and the vast wastelands of whitespace) is just that: Microsoft's. It has nothing whatever to do with HTML5 or CSS (which has existed for over 15 years; do you mean CSS3?). HTML5 and CSS3 are used everywhere on the web, for layouts both good and bad. Do not confuse the two as being in any way related. That Microsoft uses HTML5 and CSS3 to implement their awful styling says nothing about HTML5 and CSS3, which are not Microsoft technologies.

wittmeba

Mine is and has been https://www.yahoo.com/ for about 20 years. I just like to scan a bit of the news, see whats going on and have something more than a blank page for openers. Their 5 displays and the additions of groups usually up to about 100 give me lots to pick from for reading. When Yahoo fails I usually go to CNN.com.

I'm just glad there are addons such as AdBlock and FlashBlock to keep this stuff from running sometimes prior to viewing in a tab of Firefox.

SovereignAxe

duckduckgo.com

ddg.gg for short.

It's a search engine that doesn't track your activity, and it's actually pretty good.

But really, I don't use it has a homepage. I don't really use a homepage. I just have my browser to pull of my tabs from the last session. So my homepage is really just what I was going the last time I was on the internet.