Thread: You go girl ! Woman locks cops up in basement - wins some cash too !

Banned

You go girl ! Woman locks cops up in basement - wins some cash too !

Scared and not knowing what to do, when police went to search the basement, Venus locked them downstairs.

http://thestupidnewsnetwork.com/2014...r-in-basement/

As a result, in 2012, Venus was awarded a $95,000 settlement from Baltimore City.

Great story
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Settlement...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Settlement...
    Yes, but have you ever experienced the financial and emotional rollercoaster ride one gets just getting the lawsuit in front of a judge and jury, let alone getting to the slam-dunk verdict?

Government entities can often wear down a plaintiff financially paying for all sorts of intermediary filings. The government entity has no such worry as it is using the taxpayers' money - even when after it loses it reimburses costs and fees.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I thought, if it were a "slam-dunk" case deserving of a "slam-dunk" verdict, then a savvy shark would not need one red cent until he gets his 40% or more.

I get your point. I think her seasoned citizen status has more to do with this than the slam-dunkedness of the case.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I'd sure love to read more about just HOW she managed to lock them in the basement when she was handcuffed and had a dislocated shoulder. That would be one tough cookie.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    I'd sure love to read more about just HOW she managed to lock them in the basement when she was handcuffed and had a dislocated shoulder. That would be one tough cookie.
    I agree. She definitely has what some people in my area call "huevos*". Glad she got some compensation for her assault, just wish it had come out of the assaulting cops' pockets.

*Pronounced: oo-eh-vohs
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 10-10-2014 at 05:33 AM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Settlement...
    A 95K settlement .. that's good cash..considering she was not beat up by the cops.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A 95K settlement .. that's good cash..considering she was not beat up by the cops.
    Separated Shoulder....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Separated Shoulder....
    sounds painful
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington