• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You go girl ! Woman locks cops up in basement - wins some cash too !

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Settlement...:banghead:

Yes, but have you ever experienced the financial and emotional rollercoaster ride one gets just getting the lawsuit in front of a judge and jury, let alone getting to the slam-dunk verdict?

Government entities can often wear down a plaintiff financially paying for all sorts of intermediary filings. The government entity has no such worry as it is using the taxpayers' money - even when after it loses it reimburses costs and fees.

stay safe.

OC for ME

I thought, if it were a "slam-dunk" case deserving of a "slam-dunk" verdict, then a savvy shark would not need one red cent until he gets his 40% or more.

I get your point. I think her seasoned citizen status has more to do with this than the slam-dunkedness of the case.

MamaLiberty

I'd sure love to read more about just HOW she managed to lock them in the basement when she was handcuffed and had a dislocated shoulder. That would be one tough cookie.

Rusty Young Man

I'd sure love to read more about just HOW she managed to lock them in the basement when she was handcuffed and had a dislocated shoulder. That would be one tough cookie.

:shocker: I agree. She definitely has what some people in my area call "huevos*".:D Glad she got some compensation for her assault, just wish it had come out of the assaulting cops' pockets.

*Pronounced: oo-eh-vohs

Last edited: