Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: report: armed subject downtown Richmond

report: armed subject downtown Richmond

What is this about?

http://www.timesdispatch.com/police-...70e485b5d.html

"Police this morning say they are looking for an "armed subject" in the area of 7th and Jackson streets, near the VCU Medical Center

VCU issued an alert advising people to avoid the area. Police are blocking some streets there."

WRIC:

"They have since said the suspect has been detained. The college's downtown campus is still on lock down.

VCU and Reynolds have both issued emergency alerts telling students to stay indoors and away from Jackson and 7th Streets."

In other incident, I wish that I could have been walking on Hanover the other day when the guy was attacking the couple.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/07/museum-di...mallet-attack/
    Last edited by glockfan; 10-09-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Suspected of what? Newest report says 'suspect detained'.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    A little information is majorly useless I suspect.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Whatever it was brought on a full SWAT response including the RPD's armored vehicle.

When they get all hyper like that they would have rudely treated someone with a gun friend or foe...and I mean over the whole downtown area.

Quote Originally Posted by glockfan View Post
    Whatever it was brought on a full SWAT response including the RPD's armored vehicle.

When they get all hyper like that they would have rudely treated someone with a gun friend or foe...and I mean over the whole downtown area.
    Wasn't too many years ago when I routinely carried in MCV.

In the environment of today, I'd probably end up like Humpty Dumpty.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

In relation to the hammer attack in Richmond, what's an über? A Luger I can understand.

“You have to be conscious when you’re walking around at nighttime,” he said. “Either be in a big group or take an Uber.”

And yes, it's always a good idea to be conscious when one is walking around.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Police said Thursday afternoon that "no weapon was seen and no weapon recovered" after officers searching for an armed man detained a suspect at the downtown campus of J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College.
    no evidence, no crime.

I'll bet you it's the same as the panic in a nearby down here in WI. Apparently someone had a gun and the area went into meltdown. While it may be a genuine incident this time, knowing the propaganda 'news's media and the local mafia calling themselves 'police' i'll wait for more info before I consider this genuine
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    no evidence, no crime.

I'll bet you it's the same as the panic in a nearby down here in WI. Apparently someone had a gun and the area went into meltdown. While it may be a genuine incident this time, knowing the propaganda 'news's media and the local mafia calling themselves 'police' i'll wait for more info before I consider this genuine
    Seems they have what they consider pretty solid documentation of something being said that someone interpreted as being a threat/making a threat.

All reports were about one person - cops used the incident as an excuse to exercise SWAT and the various detector dogs to search all areas of all floors - just in case the nut-job left some suitcase nuke filled with rusty nails and ebola virus stuffed in either a janitor closet or up in the dropped ceiling.

The stories of students crying behind locked doors that were additionally barricaded with every stick of furniture in the room are heartbreaking. The stories of students and faculty insisting they be allowed in so as to not miss a class are even more heartbreaking.

And for the record - it was not me. I've got an alibi with witnesses.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    Drew said the man was overheard making “generic” threats to harm others that “weren’t directed at one particular individual.” He was taken to police headquarters for questioning

From 1st posted link^^

generic threats? They are not "threats" at all ...

The man just wanted to try out their new toys and scare people ...

students hiding and crying? You mean adults hiding and crying ... grow a pair and demand your RKBA !

I work on 7th Street, and they had the area on lockdown today when I went into work. Glad I was armed...although the whole situation seemed really odd. Lots of cops, streets blocked off, but none of them were really doing anything. None of us could figure out why there was such a strong police presence.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    I work on 7th Street, and they had the area on lockdown today when I went into work. Glad I was armed...although the whole situation seemed really odd. Lots of cops, streets blocked off, but none of them were really doing anything. None of us could figure out why there was such a strong police presence.
    That's easy Truth....High Alert Hysteria Action. Also known as Ha Ha !

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    The stories of students crying behind locked doors that were additionally barricaded with every stick of furniture in the room are heartbreaking. The stories of students and faculty insisting they be allowed in so as to not miss a class are even more heartbreaking.
    In a way you'd almost hope there was a real incident for a response like that. I can just about understand someone disliking guns, though it's rather stupid. But to react like that for some non-specific 'threat' and a gun when everybody should be carrying in the first place is out of this world crazy. Is this where we've come to? Someone OC's and the town goes into meltdown? Of course the students could have been reacting after it being drilled into them that guns are dangerous and should be feared. I guess thats what indoctrination does.

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    In a way you'd almost hope there was a real incident for a response like that. I can just about understand someone disliking guns, though it's rather stupid. But to react like that for some non-specific 'threat' and a gun when everybody should be carrying in the first place is out of this world crazy. Is this where we've come to? Someone OC's and the town goes into meltdown? Of course the students could have been reacting after it being drilled into them that guns are dangerous and should be feared. I guess thats what indoctrination does.
    You really need to change your Avatar. It looks too much like Mcbeth's and nearly gets the post ignored every time.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    You really need to change your Avatar. It looks too much like Mcbeth's and nearly gets the post ignored every time.
    That's when the "ignore" function really shows its power!

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I was thinking about a new one anyway. I may not agree with everything the guy says but I do believe he supports Constitutional Carry and for that at least he has a thumbs up. But I do digress I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post
    In relation to the hammer attack in Richmond, what's an über? A Luger I can understand.

“You have to be conscious when you’re walking around at nighttime,” he said. “Either be in a big group or take an Uber.”

Good stuff, you got me chuckling. Lots of talk in my neck of the woods lately about those cyber-cabs. "Brick and mortar" taxi companies that have been paying city licensing fees and jumping through all related bureaucratic hoops to legally operate lo these many years are furious about the newfangled, as yet totally unregulated competition. I sort of see their gripe as legit.

Anyhow, to the topic at hand, these lockdowns seem to be done almost on someone's whim, at times.

I actually like both of their Avatar's.

Anyone check to see if a bakery or dount shop was having a sale?
    That might have tried to use a false Incident to cover their crump trail.
    Last edited by Marco; 10-10-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I actually like both of their Avatar's.
    The old or the new one? Just changed it earlier today.

The old or the new one? Just changed it earlier today.
    Current.....don't recall the previous one.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Possibly he meant "Qualüüde"?

Quote Originally Posted by hafnhaf View Post

Uber is a sort of app-based taxi service.

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentCelt View Post
    We have uber in Richmond? I'm just down the road from that taxi company with the red over blue color scheme and the last time I needed to go somewhere by taxi it took them two hours to find someone and send them out. At least when the taxi showed up we had a wonderful conversation about taxi drivers being conservators of the peace but not allowed to carry without a CHP.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by ResidentCelt View Post
    That makes today a good day - I learned something new.

Achten Sie darauf, über alles.

We have uber in Richmond?
    The iphone app is very cool- shows their cars cruising around the map.

And for the record - it was not me. I've got an alibi with witnesses.
    That was my first thought seeing the Thread headline...
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    --snipped--
    That was my first thought seeing the Thread headline...
    No, no - not an "armed subject" Particularly not Skidmark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast