• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

report: armed subject downtown Richmond

taurusfan

What is this about?

http://www.timesdispatch.com/police...cle_1b35183d-e6c7-5c89-ba42-24e70e485b5d.html

"Police this morning say they are looking for an "armed subject" in the area of 7th and Jackson streets, near the VCU Medical Center

VCU issued an alert advising people to avoid the area. Police are blocking some streets there."

WRIC:

"They have since said the suspect has been detained. The college's downtown campus is still on lock down.

VCU and Reynolds have both issued emergency alerts telling students to stay indoors and away from Jackson and 7th Streets."

In other incident, I wish that I could have been walking on Hanover the other day when the guy was attacking the couple.

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/07/museum-district-mallet-attack/

Last edited:

taurusfan

Whatever it was brought on a full SWAT response including the RPD's armored vehicle.

When they get all hyper like that they would have rudely treated someone with a gun friend or foe...and I mean over the whole downtown area.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Whatever it was brought on a full SWAT response including the RPD's armored vehicle.

When they get all hyper like that they would have rudely treated someone with a gun friend or foe...and I mean over the whole downtown area.
Wasn't too many years ago when I routinely carried in MCV.

In the environment of today, I'd probably end up like Humpty Dumpty.

hafnhaf

In relation to the hammer attack in Richmond, what's an über? A Luger I can understand.

“You have to be conscious when you’re walking around at nighttime,” he said. “Either be in a big group or take an Uber.”

And yes, it's always a good idea to be conscious when one is walking around.

rightwinglibertarian

Police said Thursday afternoon that "no weapon was seen and no weapon recovered" after officers searching for an armed man detained a suspect at the downtown campus of J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College.

no evidence, no crime.

I'll bet you it's the same as the panic in a nearby down here in WI. Apparently someone had a gun and the area went into meltdown. While it may be a genuine incident this time, knowing the propaganda 'news's media and the local mafia calling themselves 'police' i'll wait for more info before I consider this genuine

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
no evidence, no crime.

I'll bet you it's the same as the panic in a nearby down here in WI. Apparently someone had a gun and the area went into meltdown. While it may be a genuine incident this time, knowing the propaganda 'news's media and the local mafia calling themselves 'police' i'll wait for more info before I consider this genuine

Seems they have what they consider pretty solid documentation of something being said that someone interpreted as being a threat/making a threat.

All reports were about one person - cops used the incident as an excuse to exercise SWAT and the various detector dogs to search all areas of all floors - just in case the nut-job left some suitcase nuke filled with rusty nails and ebola virus stuffed in either a janitor closet or up in the dropped ceiling.

The stories of students crying behind locked doors that were additionally barricaded with every stick of furniture in the room are heartbreaking. The stories of students and faculty insisting they be allowed in so as to not miss a class are even more heartbreaking.

And for the record - it was not me. I've got an alibi with witnesses.:p

stay safe.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Drew said the man was overheard making “generic” threats to harm others that “weren’t directed at one particular individual.” He was taken to police headquarters for questioning

From 1st posted link^^

generic threats? They are not "threats" at all ...

The man just wanted to try out their new toys and scare people ...

students hiding and crying? You mean adults hiding and crying ... grow a pair and demand your RKBA !

The Truth

I work on 7th Street, and they had the area on lockdown today when I went into work. Glad I was armed...although the whole situation seemed really odd. Lots of cops, streets blocked off, but none of them were really doing anything. None of us could figure out why there was such a strong police presence.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I work on 7th Street, and they had the area on lockdown today when I went into work. Glad I was armed...although the whole situation seemed really odd. Lots of cops, streets blocked off, but none of them were really doing anything. None of us could figure out why there was such a strong police presence.

That's easy Truth....High Alert Hysteria Action. Also known as Ha Ha ! :uhoh:

rightwinglibertarian

The stories of students crying behind locked doors that were additionally barricaded with every stick of furniture in the room are heartbreaking. The stories of students and faculty insisting they be allowed in so as to not miss a class are even more heartbreaking.

In a way you'd almost hope there was a real incident for a response like that. I can just about understand someone disliking guns, though it's rather stupid. But to react like that for some non-specific 'threat' and a gun when everybody should be carrying in the first place is out of this world crazy. Is this where we've come to? Someone OC's and the town goes into meltdown? Of course the students could have been reacting after it being drilled into them that guns are dangerous and should be feared. I guess thats what indoctrination does.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
In a way you'd almost hope there was a real incident for a response like that. I can just about understand someone disliking guns, though it's rather stupid. But to react like that for some non-specific 'threat' and a gun when everybody should be carrying in the first place is out of this world crazy. Is this where we've come to? Someone OC's and the town goes into meltdown? Of course the students could have been reacting after it being drilled into them that guns are dangerous and should be feared. I guess thats what indoctrination does.

You really need to change your Avatar. It looks too much like Mcbeth's and nearly gets the post ignored every time. :p

rightwinglibertarian

You really need to change your Avatar. It looks too much like Mcbeth's and nearly gets the post ignored every time. :p

I was thinking about a new one anyway. I may not agree with everything the guy says but I do believe he supports Constitutional Carry and for that at least he has a thumbs up. But I do digress I suppose

Brian D.

In relation to the hammer attack in Richmond, what's an über? A Luger I can understand.

“You have to be conscious when you’re walking around at nighttime,” he said. “Either be in a big group or take an Uber.”

And yes, it's always a good idea to be conscious when one is walking around.

Good stuff, you got me chuckling. Lots of talk in my neck of the woods lately about those cyber-cabs. "Brick and mortar" taxi companies that have been paying city licensing fees and jumping through all related bureaucratic hoops to legally operate lo these many years are furious about the newfangled, as yet totally unregulated competition. I sort of see their gripe as legit.

Anyhow, to the topic at hand, these lockdowns seem to be done almost on someone's whim, at times.

Marco

I actually like both of their Avatar's.

Anyone check to see if a bakery or dount shop was having a sale?
That might have tried to use a false Incident to cover their crump trail.

Last edited: