• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

report: armed subject downtown Richmond

ResidentCelt

In relation to the hammer attack in Richmond, what's an über? A Luger I can understand.

“You have to be conscious when you’re walking around at nighttime,” he said. “Either be in a big group or take an Uber.”

And yes, it's always a good idea to be conscious when one is walking around.

Uber is a sort of app-based taxi service.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Uber is a sort of app-based taxi service.

We have uber in Richmond? I'm just down the road from that taxi company with the red over blue color scheme and the last time I needed to go somewhere by taxi it took them two hours to find someone and send them out. At least when the taxi showed up we had a wonderful conversation about taxi drivers being conservators of the peace but not allowed to carry without a CHP.

stay safe.

scouser

We have uber in Richmond? I'm just down the road from that taxi company with the red over blue color scheme and the last time I needed to go somewhere by taxi it took them two hours to find someone and send them out. At least when the taxi showed up we had a wonderful conversation about taxi drivers being conservators of the peace but not allowed to carry without a CHP.

stay safe.

Beth was saying they're coming to Richmond. She said they're advertising at the moment on craigslist for drivers