Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: Cops, wrong house, shoot dog, cops not being nice story

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Cops, wrong house, shoot dog, cops not being nice story

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...6pLid%3D543215

    We know the drill .... another isolated incident ...

    Everyone does have a notice of trespass filed against their local, state, and federal gov't right?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-10-2014 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Fixed title

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...6pLid%3D543215

    We know the drill .... another isolated incident ...

    Everyone does have a notice of trespass filed against their local, state, and federal gov't right?
    What does 'gay couple' have to do with the story?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    What does 'gay couple' have to do with the story?
    Just a fact, just a fact

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Just a fact, just a fact
    Oh. So, not a fact material enough to warrant 'thread title' showing. Got it.



    So, why is it part of the thread title as if it was part of the issue? The way you present it is as if that was part of why it happened, or part of what the cops did incorrectly.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Oh. So, not a fact material enough to warrant 'thread title' showing. Got it.



    So, why is it part of the thread title as if it was part of the issue? The way you present it is as if that was part of why it happened, or part of what the cops did incorrectly.
    I'm not changing the thread title ... next you'll be complaining I did not talk enough about the dog that got shot.

    You folks are seeing things that are not there.

  6. #6
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Funny how some bigots would ask for some proof that the gayness of the victim needs to be pertinent in order to mention it.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I'm not changing the thread title ... next you'll be complaining I did not talk enough about the dog that got shot.

    You folks are seeing things that are not there.
    What IS there?

    They did shoot the dog, do you have a point other than that?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Funny how some bigots would ask for some proof that the gayness of the victim needs to be pertinent in order to mention it.
    No bigots around here yet. It was immaterial to the events. Pointing that out has nothing to do with bigotry.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    What IS there?

    They did shoot the dog, do you have a point other than that?
    Now you say that the title means nothing...come-on now. I'm trying to be nice.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Now you say that the title means nothing...come-on now. I'm trying to be nice.
    Nope, not what I said.

    If you have to try to be nice......



    Why not start by stating accurately what happened, and expound on what you feel it means?
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  11. #11
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    What does 'gay couple' have to do with the story?
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....
    I'm sure in every news story you read you say "what does white guy" or "what does black guy" or "what does Arab guy" or "what does jewish guy" or "what does straight couple" have to do with the story?
    yeah we are all buying into that lol
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....
    I'm sure in every news story you read you say "what does white guy" or "what does black guy" or "what does Arab guy" or "what does jewish guy" or "what does straight couple" have to do with the story?
    yeah we are all buying into that lol
    Nope, it is simply that it does not matter to the story, and it is not relevant as part of the title.



    If how the cops treated them because they were gay was part of the story, it would make perfect sense to call it out in the title. And, if it were a straight couple, putting it in the title would make absolutely the same amount of sense as putting 'gay couple' in the title.
    Last edited by wrightme; 10-09-2014 at 09:46 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  13. #13
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Nope, it is simply that it does not matter to the story, and it is not relevant as part of the title.



    If how the cops treated them because they were gay was part of the story, it would make perfect sense to call it out in the title. And, if it were a straight couple, putting it in the title would make absolutely the same amount of sense as putting 'gay couple' in the title.
    yes very good. Since being gay was not relevant to the content of the story it was wrong to mention they were gay! wahahahaha!
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    yes very good. Since being gay was not relevant to the content of the story it was wrong to mention they were gay! wahahahaha!
    Nope, not what I stated.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  15. #15
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    What does 'gay couple' have to do with the story?
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Oh. So, not a fact material enough to warrant 'thread title' showing. Got it.
    The way you present it is as if that was part of why it happened,.
    So it is anathema to mention these people are ****** unless it has a direct influence on arrest?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    So it is anathema to mention these people are ****** unless it has a direct influence on arrest?
    Nope, not what I said.



    I simply accurately pointed out that it has no bearing on the story. As I said, it is irrelevant. But, what arrest are you referring to?
    Last edited by wrightme; 10-09-2014 at 10:32 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Jesus H. Christ!!
    Who gives a rat's a$$ whether or not they were a couple of lesbians or not? Focus on the important part of yet another example of "out-of-control" incompetent buffons who are incapable of even going to the correct address!
    They there is the "excessive violence" for no valid reason that fails to be addressed.
    Yes, I am curious why the OP did not bother addressing any of that.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    25
    you children need to shut up about the gay. Its not the issue and you know it. The issue is these thugs shot another dog needlessly. Its high time that we no longer tolerate these behaviors. Charge em, jail em, shut down the whole damn dept if they don't get the point. It is obviously a protocol they follow even if they won't admit it. There has to be a training program promoting it. It happens too often for it not to be a recommended response. Make an example out of these cretins. Why isn't whomever signed off on this raid responsible? That's part of responsibility isn't it? Where are the cop defenders on this one? What can be their justifications for shooting an old non threatening dog? I'd like to hear it. Hell, I'd like to be on that jury.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    Yes, I am curious why the OP did not bother addressing any of that.
    Should I pm you for the title to all my threads?

    Why you up in arms about this .. are gay rights your thing or are you anti-gay?

    Just wondering why 2 words that described the victims makes you concerned ....

    I have my trigger words, so I can understand.

    Never put "apple sauce" into a tread title...just fair warning.

  20. #20
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    wrightme is stirring up arguments again? Couldn't be...

    I'll bet you can't NOT reply to this post.
    Last edited by The Truth; 10-10-2014 at 03:14 AM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Should I pm you for the title to all my threads?

    Why you up in arms about this .. are gay rights your thing or are you anti-gay?

    Just wondering why 2 words that described the victims makes you concerned ....

    I have my trigger words, so I can understand.

    Never put "apple sauce" into a tread title...just fair warning.
    The question is this. Why did YOU put it in the thread title? I am not 'up in arms' about it, I am curious why YOU chose to add it there.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    wrightme is stirring up arguments again? Couldn't be...

    I'll bet you can't NOT reply to this post.
    Why do you care? I see you failed to not reply about my posts.
    Last edited by wrightme; 10-10-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  23. #23
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,270
    Wrong house...who wudda thunk it. Fire them all for being illiterate nitwits. I thought ya had to know how to read to be a cop...I guess not. This lack of reading comprehension thing, by cops, appears to be a nation wide problem.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  24. #24
    Regular Member Preyn2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Burnet, Tx
    Posts
    13
    I'm a Firefighter.

    I routinely force entry (translation: professionally break in with really cool tools) into houses based on the report that a life-threatening emergency exists within the house. And we ALWAYS check the address a bunch of times, specifically to avoid (1) delaying help to the people who need it, and (2) awkward letters that start "Dear Chief; As a high school graduate, not to mention having 30 years experience in emergency services, I realize I should be capable of determining a street address. However...."

    I realize we're all human, and we all make mistakes. But it amazes me that we continue to see stories like this.

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Hughes allegedly fired a second shot, which missed Clohe, prompting Putnam to place herself in harm's way -- between the officer and her now injured pet.

    "I was yelling at him," said Putnam. "I said, 'Why are you shooting my dog? What are you doing? You're at the wrong house.'"
    I would have gone to jail because I wouldn't have just gotten between them, I would have attacked that SOB Hughes and beat him nearly to death with his own gun. I hope the court punishes the department as a whole, and also everyone in command individually. Hughes should be fired and lose his LEO credentials.

    And yes, I do think that my dogs' lives are more important and more valuable than the lives of many humans including Hughes who was a trespassing aggressor against a non-threat. I have absolutely no moral or ethical qualms about killing a man hurting my dogs (although legally I couldn't in my state). I mention that to save time for anyone who objects to my thinking that Hughes deserved a severe beating or, in an ideal world, return fire.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •