• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bloomberg group dumps another $1M into 594 gun control effort

Dave Workman

GET OUT THE VOTE!!!!!!

YES ON 591....... NO ON 594

Is grassroots effort changing minds on Washington gun control measure?

Yesterday’s revelation that billionaire Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety lobbying group has dumped another $1 million into the Initiative 594 campaign raised a pointed question last night from a Seattle Times reader reacting to the story.

http://www.examiner.com/article/is-...nging-minds-on-washington-gun-control-measure

davidmcbeth

Banned
More focus on how 594 harms rather than it's neutrality.

The sheriff's organization statement could have been crawled and mentioned quickly and then point out that your relatives will be put in prison for no good reason.

Last edited:

Whitney

Meme / Fact / or Sarcasm ??

RCW 9.41 "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder.

What you have there is a "Firearm";

A device from which a projectile is fired by an explosive.

OMG hide all your nail guns, brad nailers, and tack drivers.

Hilti Bullpup model

View attachment 12107

Assault style Brad Nailer
Note the pistol grip

View attachment 12108

Tack driver with pistol grip
View attachment 12109

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Yep that's the ridiculous of this proposed law, it could affect a lot more than what is intended.

Robert moves to the head of the class!

But there are storm clouds on the horizon for all concerned:

Despite billionaire bucks, gun control measure loses ground

While KOMO and other news outlets reported yesterday that the billionaire-backed Initiative 594 gun control measure facing Washington State voters in three weeks has lost significant ground despite an $8 million effort that has overshadowed rival Initiative 591, the Seattle Times published an interesting glimpse at one of I-594’s main backers.

http://www.examiner.com/article/despite-billionaire-bucks-gun-control-measure-loses-ground

WA_G32

Just saw an ad supporting 594 here in Yakima. Starring the pos Bellingham PD Chief. Spouting off lies how criminals are buying guns from gun shows and off gunbroker.

Whitney

Can you say "Patriot Act"

Yep that's the ridiculous of this proposed law, it could affect a lot more than what is intended.

Indeed you are correct, in fact I was relaying that particular fact in conversation today. When I compared it to the Patriot Act (we pinky swear we will never abuse it) and the fact the NSA has been abusing it for years some lights came on. For some it is a slow proceess others see right through it.

On one hand we are being sold a "feel good idea" that will solve all the problems with the loopholes in the laws. On the other we have politicians claiming they would never use this to prosecute good citizens or take their guns. If it is so good why are the poloticians drumming it? (rhetorical, I know I'm preaching to the choir)

~Whitney

Dave Workman

Bloomberg group adds another $650K to Wash. gun control campaign

While support appears to be slipping for Initiative 594, the 18-page gun control measure on the November ballot, the lobbying group funded by anti-gun billionaire Michael Bloomberg kicked in another $650,000 last week, according to the Public Disclosure Commission, lending more credence to arguments that rich elitists are trying to buy the Washington state election.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bloomberg-group-adds-another-650k-to-wash-gun-control-campaign