Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your EDC for OC??

What is your EDC for OC??

I have read alot of talk about how, when and where to OC. I am wondering what FireArm it is you EDC OC everyday with? Currently I OC with my Glock 23. Still looking for a better OC holster though.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-10-2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Fixed title

I carry my Walther PPQ both concealed and openly (determined by where I am, mostly). It works for me. I probably will get an M&P Shield later on as a BUG or a very-warm-weather concealed carry, when the situation warrants.

SA1911A1 in SERPA
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrockblc View Post
    I carry my Walther PPQ both concealed and openly (determined by where I am, mostly). It works for me. I probably will get an M&P Shield later on as a BUG or a very-warm-weather concealed carry, when the situation warrants.
    +1
    Texas currently can only CC, i have the shield but have been using the Beretta px4Storm for its double stack.
    About 1 more month till weather is cool enough in Dallas to CC my PPQ. Love that trigger.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Every Day OC and CC gun

Glock 36, 45 ACP

Glock 26 in a Serpa for OC, same gun in a Comp-Tac MTAC for CC.
    "Somebody ever tries to kill you, you try and kill em right back!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    SA1911A1 in SERPA
    Stellar choices both.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

During the week I have to mostly CC (although with SB 656 I'll be much more OC). As such, I vary what I carry depending on what I am wearing.

My favorite OC is a SA 1911A1 LW Operator in a SERPA. It just fits me well and is light enough to be comfortable all day.

Although recently when I have been in/around St. Louis City I have preferred the capacity of my tried and true XD45 service compact with an extra 13 rd mag.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Depends on how I feel that day:
    M&P Pro .40 in Serpa.
    SigSauer 226 Mk 25 in Safariland holster.
    Glock 19 in Serpa.
    XDS-45 in XDS holster.

G32....Bianchi Shadow

G20....Safariland paddle duty holster

C9......Fobus paddle holster
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Mossberg 500
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

All day every day: Para-Ordnance P-14 .45acp (basically a series 80 1911 with grip modified to take a 13 round double stack mag) in a pancake using the high forward slot for forward rake, holster also has a "sweat shield" to keep the back of the slide from touching the body and protect the safety. I also carry 2 spare mags left side in a leather double mag holder.
    Last edited by F350; 10-11-2014 at 01:30 AM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    HK45 with LEM trigger kit
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    All day every day: Para-Ordnance P-14 .45acp (basically a series 80 1911 with grip modified to take a 13 round double stack mag) in a pancake using the high forward slot for forward rake, holster also has a "sweat shield" to keep the back of the slide from touching the body and protect the safety. I also carry 2 spare mags left side in a leather double mag holder.
    I was apparently in the dark about the PO 1911s until about three days ago. I thought they were, like everything else, a single-stack magazine. But he carries one - I told him I HAVE to see it. After all, I want to see how big the grip is with 14 rounds of .45.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Mossberg 500
    you gotta back scabbord for that thing or you just stick it down one leg in your pants

S&W 99, .40
    Serpa holster
    180 gr. Golden Saber
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

I like to OC smaller firearms when in KCMO for some reason I got the idea that they appear less threatening to the public. They would also cause less collateral damage if I would happen to miss which is a concern.

CZ50
    Walther P5

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadez View Post
    you gotta back scabbord for that thing or you just stick it down one leg in your pants
    No room in my pants so back scabbard.

Is that a Mossberg or are you just happy to see me?
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    No room in my pants so back scabbard.

Is that a Mossberg or are you just happy to see me?
    Don't be self concious. I learned that when I reverse - draw concealed a glock 26 iwb with a 33 round mag

Three inch S&W Model 13 or four inch S&W Model 686, depending on if I'm in uniform or not.

"If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by Great Gazoo View Post
    I like to OC smaller firearms when in KCMO for some reason I got the idea that they appear less threatening to the public. They would also cause less collateral damage if I would happen to miss which is a concern.

CZ50
    Walther P5
    Live near KCMO Metro area, and have OC for years in and around KCMO. I have never had someone approach me and tell me my sidearm was threatening them.... not that it may happen tomorrow. Had they said that to me, I would probably reply something along the lines that,: You feeling threatened by me or my firearm is of no concern to me, I'm not wearing it for you to feel warm and fuzzy, I'm wearing it to protect myself and those I love. If you feel threatened by me or my firearm, you have the right to go home, lock you doors and close all you windows and blinds... so you can feel less threatened and safe. But your concern about feeling threatened has no power over my right to protect myself and those I love. Have a Good Day...
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by Elm Creek Smith View Post
    Three inch S&W Model 13 or four inch S&W Model 686, depending on if I'm in uniform or not.
    No trigger protection would not be my choice - see the opportunity for an ND.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

It's a double action revolver. It's not going to go off accidentally. The plus side is that the holster can't cause something, like a finger, to pull the trigger when reholstering.
    "If the truth hurts, it should." - Dad

" A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave." - Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter." - Sam Spade, The Maltese Falcon

Glock 23 in a SERPA holster. May get a Safariland holster in the future when I have more cash, but the SERPA works fine for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elm Creek Smith View Post
    It's a double action revolver. It's not going to go off accidentally. The plus side is that the holster can't cause something, like a finger, to pull the trigger when reholstering.
    Sure it can - has happened, more than once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast