Thread: Why in hell are we accepting thies kind of adds?

Why in hell are we accepting thies kind of adds?

If this is not the right place then move it.

Why in hell are we accepting advertisements from Conceal Carry Teachers? We are suppose to be for Open Carry not Conceal Carry. They sure donít promote us. They actually hate us.

Wolf
    Pres. Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL www.laopencarry.org

.308 Isn't an area code, but it can still make long distance calls.
    How may I help you? Press '1' for English. Press '2' to disconnect until you learn to speak English.

Wolf

Banned
    I have not seen the ad to be honest nor know of the organization but many people support both but just lobby for one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang1952 View Post
    If this is not the right place then move it. Why in hell are we accepting advertisements from Conceal Carry Teachers? We are suppose to be for Open Carry not Conceal Carry. They sure donít promote us. They actually hate us. Wolf
    LOL As always, follow the money.

I am reminded of the aphorism, "Them what can, do. Them what can't, teach." That may be why they prefer the title instructor.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

It always amazes me - the search for the mob response to a private matter

The issue is obviously related to the generating of revenue to offset the operation of OCDO. As such, the decision whether or not to continue accepting ads of that sort rests with the owners of OCDO.

Have you taken your concerns to John and Mike? If so, are you at liberty to share their response(s)? If not, why not?

OTOH, you could always choose not to patronize OCDO because their policy runs counter to your values. Seems that's the standard response to retailers who do stuff that some/most/all folks think is anti-gun rights or anti-OC.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    I have not seen the referenced ad and I'm on here daily. Isn't one of the ad slots reserved for Google? If so, then I believe the the ad displayed is relevant to recent internet activity by the individual user.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Ads on OCDO IIRC follow your browsing history. Seems this discussion came up before by a member offended by a gay ad. He kinda disappeared when it was pointed out to him that he must have visited gay sites. OP you probably visited a CC site, maybe while doing research.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 10-11-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible Ė otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Ads on OCDO IIRC follow your browsing history. [ ... ]
    LOL If one allows following browsing history. One need not.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

I get the same panel of six ads every time. I don't get the ads that many do, I use firefox and make use of the blockers available for browsing. I assume that the six gun related ads are sponsors of the site. The ads that everybody else gets are probably the google ads based on their search history.
    It is well that war is so terrible Ė otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    lol people actually look at those things?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand