• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unlawful Use of an Animal to Commit Assault and Battery

since9

Campaign Veteran
The suspect wasn't moving before the cop lost control of his dog. He's handcuffed, yet the cop continued to allow his dog to attack him. That's assault and battery. Yelling at the suspect to "stop moving" when he's being mauled by a dog under the cop's control is just blitheringly stupid.

Continuing to attack or beat a suspect by any means after they're handcuffed and lying on the ground should be immediate grounds for dismissal. Such heinous behavior is a severe violation of the public trust.

Fast forward to 2:30, as that's about 30 seconds before the cop let his animal loose on the well-subdued suspect.

[video=youtube_share;GhdccCz1Doo]http://youtu.be/GhdccCz1Doo[/video]

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think he said "don't move" as a suggestion not to antagonize the dog myself ...

But I'm shocked not to hear "quit biting yourself!" in the background....

lawsweet ! ....

WalkingWolf

Man is a urine poor dog handler, plus the dog was poorly trained. Yes he should be fired and the dog removed from service.

325rto

I've always been a supporter of cops - but come on. The military is hog tied by rules of engagement but clowns like this are sanctioned ?

Jeff. State

Banned
"Lost control of Dog"?????

I don't think so.

He let the dog go.

The number of evil people on this planet and in this country is growing by the day. They WILL seek out positions of authority over other human beings to flex their sadistic muscles. They get off on it. And they WILL be protected by "the system", because they are the model desired BY "the system".

It will only get worse.

solus

quite interesting to hear the K9 officer huffing so vigorously while standing around...perhaps that is why he couldn't muster enough command volume to control his partner. or perhaps as mention both K9 participants are woefully under trained in the performance of their duties.

that it took that long to get the animal to immediately disengage is truly unbelievable.

(sidebar ~ watching the video of a dog's eyeteeth firmly planted into the fleshy inside part of the suspect's upper leg caused certain parts of my anatomy to go hide!)

i hope they department has good insurance to pay for this 'loss of control' of the animal and the dog.

ipse

WalkingWolf

As much as I love dogs, that dog should have been tasered, and if that didn't work the night sticks should have been used. Dog was to close to the victim to shoot.

wrightme

After reviewing the video, Green Forest Police Chief John Bailey blamed the sheriffs department for the attack and said Tyson should be re-evaluated as a K9 member.

“I don’t understand why they want to try to blame anyone else,” Bailey said. “Generally when you have this kind of failure it’s due to a lack of training. … I believe it was an accident. The dog was excited, got loose and unfortunately the man got bitten. If we had a dog that did something like that it would be standard procedure that the dog would be offline until evaluated and re-certified.”
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc7_1412964802#of4cDsMkXuqZqwoP.99

The Truth

Ugh. It will never end until scumbags like this are held accountable for their actions. This is FASCISM, pure and simple.

wrightme

http://www.carrollconews.com/story/2125939.html

According to Mallett's report, Badley ran out the back door and the officers followed, quickly persuading the man to surrender. Once Mallett handcuffed Badley in a prone position, he informed the man that he would begin to stand him up.

According to Harlan, he did not hear the command and, in turn, could not prepare his dog for the suspect's sudden movement. Sensing the movement, the K-9 lunged and dug his teeth into Badley's leg.