Thread: Rights Watch Intl., GRNC seeks court order to allow concealed-carry at NC State Fair

Rights Watch Intl., GRNC seeks court order to allow concealed-carry at NC State Fair

"The gun rights group Grass Roots North Carolina issued a statement Thursday saying that its negotiations with Troxler over carrying guns on the fairgrounds and in fair parking lots had reached an impasse, so it was asking the courts to step in.

A sister nonprofit group, Rights Watch International, actually filed the suit, along with F. Paul Valone II of Mecklenburg County, Josette Chmiel of Durham County and Thomas S. Rhyne III of Wake County, who are identified in court documents as holders of concealed carry permits. Valone is president of Grass Roots North Carolina, and Chmiel is the director of development."

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/10/...that.html?rh=1
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Troxler, though, said last week that the fair’s no-gun policy wouldn’t change. The new law was vaguely worded, he said, and legislators had told him that it was not intended to open the door to weapons at the fair.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/10/...#storylink=cpy

So its vaguely written and he decides, based on a call to an idiot, to rule that he can prevent our RKBA.

I doubt that the debates in the legislature mentioned the fair.

Or that he actually called anyone....a record request is in order for someone in the state to call his bluff.

guess y'al missed the open thread about this dated 2 Oct 14, huh!!!

PaulV's group got excellent press coverage on the anti-gun capitol broadcasting's local affiliate WRAL.

remember, GRNC only steps up to quantify firearm issues for: quote certified sane, sober , and law abiding unquote NC citizens.

wonder why troxler didn't consult with the state's AG for a definitive opinion but instead 'checked with legislators' we shall see how how their petition manages through the local judicial system.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-11-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    guess y'al missed the open thread about this dated 2 Oct 14, huh!!!

remember, GRNC only steps up to quantify firearm issues for: quote certified sane, sober , and law abiding unquote NC citizens.

ipse
    So, Bateman v. Purdue was only for CHP holders? Or was it for all gun owners?

Although the thrust of the injunction is to allow CC at the fair, it is also to make the State comply with its own law. One of the primary sponsors of HB937, Rep. George Cleveland, a Jacksonville Republican has stated that the new law should allow concealed weapons at the State Fair.( Quote): “There was nothing in the bill that I could remember that said that the agricultural fair was exempt, or that the parking area ... was exempted,” he said. “We’ve said that wherever crowds gathered, concealed carry was allowed.”(Unquote)

Troxler said he would allow concealed-carry permit holders to bring guns to the fair if a court orders it.

so bc, quote: A suit organized by the Second Amendment Foundation wins another Second Amendment victory in a federal court in North Carolina. unquote
    http://politicalvelcraft.org/2012/05...ond-amendment/

and one point in the suit was ppl can't hunt...long guns

i know GRNC's press release stated they were the hub, but...

bottom line, your point.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-11-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

bottom line, your point.

ipse
    My point was the bashing of GRNC when it is not warranted. You disappoint, Solus....check court documents and see that GRNC is not only listed as a Plaintiff, but in fact filed the first complaint.

http://ia700501.us.archive.org/7/ite...58.docket.html

I recognize, and agree with, the perception of GRNC's primary concerns but I will still give them credit when due.

Quote Originally Posted by bc.cruiser View Post
    My point was the bashing of GRNC when it is not warranted. You disappoint, Solus....check court documents and see that GRNC is not only listed as a Plaintiff, but in fact filed the first complaint.

http://ia700501.us.archive.org/7/ite...58.docket.html

I recognize, and agree with, the perception of GRNC's primary concerns but I will still give them credit when due.
    MICHAEL BATEMAN, VIRGIL GREEN,
    FORREST MINGES, JR., GRNC/FFE,
    INC., and SECOND AMENDMENT
    FOUNDATION, INC

from your own cite, nowhere can i find anything that shows GRNC's Firearm For Education group filed anything first!

credit...GRNC claims credit for single handedly passing firearm legislature since 1996...that in and of itself is egregious enough and should be affront to NC firearm carrying citizens, but it isn't, unfortunately.

we shall see how they do w/o an august second amendment foundation attorney representing them in the state fair fracas...they pull it off, i will reconsider and possibly mitigate my criticism...fair?

tho it appears they could use someone to proof their headlines on their web site...rof...nuff said!! (http://www.grnc.org/)

still chuckling...ipse

guess it is back to the drawing board for GRNC's effort to get CC approved to carry at the state fair this year.

ipse

guess it is back to the drawing board for GRNC's effort to get CC approved to carry at the state fair this year.

ipse
    CC is already covered in US V Black, but you would never get GRNC to admit to that. Criminals will still carry concealed at the state fair, and unless there is RAS to search them charges cannot be filed against them. If GRNC would acknowledge the right to keep and bear arms without permission scheme we could be that much closer to winning for everybody.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

GRNC is examining our options, including appeal, legislative action, and possibly an open holster demonstration at the fair. Allow me to say what I told conservative talk show host and GRNC supporter Bill LuMaye: “We don’t know yet how we will react to this setback, but I can tell you one thing: Whatever we do will be done to expand the rights of lawful North Carolinians and their ability to protect their families. The left has called it ‘the long march.’ This is our long march.”

I was going to post this in another thread but i think here is just as good

quote from GRNC alert;
    this was in answer to the judge going against people using self defense at the state fair. My question is; what the hell good would it do to conceal a empty holster??? who's going to see it?

but on the serious side. how exactly are they going to keep guns out? will they have metal detectors at the gate?

you all know there will be a lot of guns there just not legally. wonder how many robberies will happen in the parking lot?
    Last edited by papa bear; 10-14-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.