• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Challenge of the GCA,NFA and Hughes amendment in place DONATE TO THE CAUSE

MWS

Please sticky this topic admins!

I am not affiliated with any of the below I am simply posting it for members of the forum to read and follow. I am a FFl in Missouri and have been watching this challenge. I come on here often and read about Missouri laws and legislation often however I set up an account recently as ceryian topics on here with recent Missouri legislation interested me enough to do so. I am not here to advertise my business or ask for anything. If you are interested in these suits follow the links below, the attorney's letter and read about lawsuits and those involved.

Sincerely
MWS

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG AND SHARE IT ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE

Help Overturn 18 USC 922(o) & NFA

***This is what a lot of gun owners have been asking for***
PLEASE HELP FUND THESE LAWSUITS TO RESTORE OUR
GOD GIVEN RIGHTS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the link to the forums that started the lawsuits.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/16...l_action_pending__updated_10_7_14.html&page=1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

link to funding

http://www.gofundme.com/fmxlnk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My name is Stephen Stamboulieh. I am an attorney in Mississippi that has tirelessly worked to further our 2nd Amendment rights.

Now, my sights are set on 18 USC sec 922(o). This is known as the machinegun ban. I don't believe this is constitutional in light of the Second Amendment to the Constitution. Likewise, the National Firearms Act ("NFA"), which taxes the making and transferring of Title II weapons (machineguns, suppressors, short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns, etc) is ripe to be attacked on Second Amendment grounds.

We have the avenue to attack both the machinegun ban and the NFA with the BATFE's recent approval of a number of Form 1s. I have a number of clients that I will be filing a lawsuit on behalf of to seek to overturn the ban and the NFA in different states.

This will be expensive. I am in the process of collecting donations to offset the legal fees in this case. If you are interested in assisting, please donate. No donation is too small. These lawsuits will be funded strictly off donations. Unlike the government, we do not have an unlimited war chest to fund this. That is where the grass roots come into play. We can do this, but we need your help!

All donations will be held in my lawyer trust account. As we work on the cases and "bill" time to the case, the trust account will be debited. If we get $10,000 in donations, and my fees/expenses total $50,000, then I will only be paid the $10,000. If we get $100,000 in donations, and my fees/expenses are $50,000, we will hold the funds in trust until such time as the appeals are exhausted (if necessary) or the remainder is donated to a Second Amendment right group. It is important to know that I WILL NOT KEEP ANY UNEARNED DONATED FUNDS! Period. I doubt that will be an issue due to the breadth and number of cases, but I want to be upfront.

If you cannot donate, please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that we are successful in overturning the ban and the NFA, and that "the right to keep and bear arms" can continue to be restored through the courts.

Thank you,

Stephen Stamboulieh, Esq.

Disclaimer - Your donation does not create an attorney-client relationship with me or any other attorney I associate on these cases. You are donating to the lawsuits and not paying for legal advice. You should not consider information on this page to be an invitation for any attorney-client relationship. The content of this page does not convey legal, accounting, tax, career or other professional advice of any kind. You should not rely on the information as legal advice for any purpose as it may not reflect current legal developments. No person viewing this page should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information included on this page, and this page should not be relied upon or used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisors.

My website is: http://www.sdslaw.us/

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG AND SHARE IT ON YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
It will help you greatly in your efforts if you get some OCDO (OpenCarryDotOrg) members to vouch for you, unless you already have a following (which I am not aware of since I'm an out-of-stater).

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Oh, one other thing, why do you like your location as Missouri, when you say you are a Mississippi attorney? :question:

MWS

It will help you greatly in your efforts if you get some OCDO (OpenCarryDotOrg) members to vouch for you, unless you already have a following (which I am not aware of since I'm an out-of-stater).

I own Modern Weapon Systems in High Ridge MO www.modernweaponsystems.com www.facebook.com/modernweaponsystems ect

I am simply passing this Information around and I am not involved with this lawsuit. I am not asking anyone for money.

Here is link to story at the examiner to provide validation-> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=wiUD3cWIkRnr1pjSa1LUyw&bvm=bv.77161500,d.aWw

The lawyer is involved in NRA legislation all the time the link -> http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/16..._for_NFA_trusts__updated_10_11_14.html&page=1 is to the forum this all started.

It is legit in all fashions we have been following it for a long time now.

Here is the freedom of information act request on the coming lawsuits.
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/242584702?width=360

Google results of the attorney->

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ste...e=UTF-8#q=Stephen+Stamboulieh+mississippi+NRA

The Lawyer is verified through the ar15.com forums and is highly active there.

Last edited:

Saxxon

About time this was taken on.

I think one of the paramount things is good consittutional and court research to cite the many rulings supporting the bearing of arms used by the common soldier of the day. That was a definition that they skirted around in Heller, but was used in Miller. Had there been *any* presentation by Miller & co regarding the use of trench guns in WWI the NFA would have been gutted or overturned before WWII.

While I respect Mr. Kopel, he discounts that angle of attack despite that being the view of the founders that our citizens should be as well armed as any army mustered against them. The amendment added to the 1986 FOPA was by all accounts added illegally and should be null and void on those grounds alone. (of course, we saw some similar shenanigans with Obamacare and they rammed that thru too).

Legally owned full auto and select fire weapons have been bereft of use in crimes, certainly those who have gone thru the burden of the Class III stamp aren't using these guns to commit crimes. Yet an inordinate amount of government effort is invested in harassing and hampering said citizens.

Suppressors being on the list is just plain idiocy held over from the Depression Era Hollywood theatrics. Suppressors are a safety device, even the Europeans recognize that and in many cases require one to have a suppressor if they have a firearm.

The 1934 NFA was openly passed to discriminate against minorities and the poor, plenty of comments by officials involved in the passage support that, so it is open to assault under discrimination grounds as well. The $200 tax stamp was deemed unaffordable back then by all but the elite. Today, most middle class people can afford the stamp, though coupled with the cost of the item its a budget bender. If the person is low income, forget it. Considering all the laws overturned regarding illegal aliens, gay marrige etc the courts cannot ignore the blatant discrimination by the government against the poor in trying to price them out of a safety device (suppressor) or crowd pacifier (satisfies rioting mobs that they need to be elsewhere).

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I applaud the efforts..but as a Libertarian, I don't see its need.

The RKBA includes the types that are the subject matter of the suit; its a natural right.

As a right, any laws passed are de facto void.

These laws can be better addressed in a jury box, through jury nullification.

Laws that are nullified in this manner are better pounded into the dirt than any court decision as these decisions can change.

Rights are not subject to a vote, even by members of the gov't who wear robes.

I had considered filing suits in respect to various aspects of gun control but believe that these efforts would, in essence, state that the gov't can regulate the RKBA because I am seeking government redress of laws that conflict with our rights. Does that make sense?

Does that mean that people will be put in jail over these laws? You bet. But gov't tyranny is nothing new in human history. Welcome to life. Life is not fair, ask people who got ebola. Life has an equal opportunity to be fair and unfair.

Last edited:

Superlite27

I applaud the efforts..but as a Libertarian, I don't see its need.

The RKBA includes the types that are the subject matter of the suit; its a natural right.

As a right, any laws passed are de facto void..

Well why don't you take a hacksaw, cut the barrel of your AR down to 10 inches, convert it to full auto, and march over to the BATFE office in D.C. with it strapped across your back and tell 'em they're full o' $hit then?

Should be easy. You know. Since you believe all this is unnecessary.

Bark is a good dog, isn't he?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well why don't you take a hacksaw, cut the barrel of your AR down to 10 inches, convert it to full auto, and march over to the BATFE office in D.C. with it strapped across your back and tell 'em they're full o' $hit then?

Should be easy. You know. Since you believe all this is unnecessary.

Bark is a good dog, isn't he?

And you think that court opinions on this subject matter should prevail?

Do you think a court can decide your RKBA?

since9

Campaign Veteran
My name is Stephen Stamboulieh. I am an attorney...

If you're an attorney, you make a lot more money than I, so here's a thought: You fund it. Alternatively, if you're really psyched by the idea of protecting our Second Amendment rights, donate your time.

That's what I do. I donate my time, and lots of it. At 3.28 posts per day and about 10 minutes per post, that comes to about half an hour a day, so it's not really all that much. Over 5,682 posts, however, it adds up. Close to a thousand hours.

If I were a lawyer, that would come to more than a quarter of a million dollars. However, I'm not a lawyer. I'm a veteran, and I don't charge others to serve my country.

But hey... That's just me.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Whether you are legit or not, I have a problem with you coming here with literally no post history, just joined, and asking for money.

MWS

Whether you are legit or not, I have a problem with you coming here with literally no post history, just joined, and asking for money.

Wow for someone who is a long time member you sure do not read well. I am not asking for any money I posted a post about a lawsuit with links to all the information. I am a FFL/Manufacturer in high ridge Mo just outside of St Louis. I have provided link to who I am also and explicitly stated I'm not the Attorney.

The examiner even ran a story on the posted info. Which I posted.

Please excuse me for not being active on your forums before. Just because I did not post or setup an account I have still visited several times to read about laws, issue etc.

If you do not wish to have new member who would like to post information for your viewing let me know I can deactivate my account and go elsewhere and support other people and other forums who are active in the 2nd ammendment and dont treat new members the way you do.

Considering I ran for state rep on Missouri in 2012 and actively own a storefront and a manufacturing facility working on a new firearm platform. I am registered a 2014 shot show vendor. I would say I am a valued 2nd ammendment supporter

WalkingWolf

Looks like to me you are asking for donations, you willing to accept some chickens for donations?

Yup you are indeed an attorney, a health insurance attorney. malpractice?

Seems you are in the business to sell NFA firearms, or at least your website indicates that. A lot of things on the internet indicate something. Bonjour

I was not trying to be insulting with my first post, I took it strange your response. You want to stick around, then by all means stick around. I can't speak for everybody but I am more interested than raising awareness and the members garnering support by numbers than money, or chickens.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
<snip> I am not asking for any money

All donations will be held in my lawyer trust account. As we work on the cases and "bill" time to the case, the trust account will be debited. If we get $10,000 in donations, and my fees/expenses total $50,000, then I will only be paid the $10,000. If we get $100,000 in donations, and my fees/expenses are $50,000, we will hold the funds in trust until such time as the appeals are exhausted (if necessary) or the remainder is donated to a Second Amendment right group. It is important to know that I WILL NOT KEEP ANY UNEARNED DONATED FUNDS! Period. I doubt that will be an issue due to the breadth and number of cases, but I want to be upfront.

From orig post ^^^^

Looks like you were asking for cash....

Definitely....

An I ran for US Congress ....

solus

Ian, perhaps you got off on the wrong foot out here and before condescendingly telling forum folk can't read...you might wish to regroup and discern the purpose of your post to OC forum...seems your start wasn't quite so stellar was it as you didn't analyze your audience!!

or post your out of the blue NFA attorney solicitation in John's thread for their review...really, quote This is known as the machinegun ban unquote on a handgun site...sigh!!

yes, you are a class 7 FFL holder and your point? were you hoping for some free publicity towards forum members?

ispe

Last edited:

MWS

I own Modern Weapon Systems in High Ridge MO www.modernweaponsystems.com www.facebook.com/modernweaponsystems ect

I am simply passing this around link to story at the examiner -> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...=wiUD3cWIkRnr1pjSa1LUyw&bvm=bv.77161500,d.aWw

The lawyer is involved in NRA legislation all the time the link -> http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/162...14.html&page=1 is to the forum this all started.

It is legit in all fashions we have been following it for a long time now.

Here is the freedom of information act request on the coming lawsuits.
https://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/242584702?width=360

Google results of the attorney->

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ste...e=UTF-8#q=Stephen+Stamboulieh+mississippi+NRA

The Lawyer is verified through the ar15.com forums and is highly active there.

As I posted on the 4th post.

In simple terms

1. I am not the attorney who has brought these lawsuits

2. I am a business owner in Missouri and I am simply posting this information for the members here who claimed I was claiming to be an attorney , which I am not. .

3. I am not asking for anything or moneies.

4. As I was asked for information by a member of your site. I posted my information so that people would know I was an Ffl in Missouri and not the attorney for the lawsuit.

5.Again I am not the attorney nor am "I", asking for money nor advertising my business or have anything to do with the lawsuit except helping to spread the word that it has been filed and the information associated with it.

6.Please re read everything before posting untrue and arrogant responses, accusing me of things I haven't done.

I have a hard time believing this site only hosts member interested in handguns only and not NFA

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

So you are posting information that you have as much information as we do about. The attorney who is, I can say it now as it is not you, a ambulance chaser. Yea I am going to trust donations to this guy. And to top it off you are a FFL dealing in NFA firearms posting a request for money that hopefully will put money in your back pocket.

I may have misunderstood who you were in this tryst, but I do know I do not trust ambulance chasers and I think it is cheapish that you did not research before coming here as a new member to dump this poop on us.

I got an idea, why don't YOU donate YOUR money...

MWS

So you are posting information that you have as much information as we do about. The attorney who is, I can say it now as it is not you, a ambulance chaser. Yea I am going to trust donations to this guy. And to top it off you are a FFL dealing in NFA firearms posting a request for money that hopefully will put money in your back pocket.

I may have misunderstood who you were in this tryst, but I do know I do not trust ambulance chasers and I think it is cheapish that you did not research before coming here as a new member to dump this poop on us.

I got an idea, why don't YOU donate YOUR money...

I have donated my money.

I would like to see NFA overturned, if you do not, good for you.

I am not interested in making money on NFA, I am interested in having our rights restored. Unlike you it seems you only care about living under a rock.

I am not chasing ambulances, nor is this attorney.

The attorney involved is a NRA recognized attorney and has handled several cases over gun rights directly for the NRA

Again Here is link to story at the examiner to provide validation-> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...77161500,d.aWw

Please research before you make claims about me or people involved in trying to win court cases to restore gun owners rights in America.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I have donated my money.

I would like to see NFA overturned, if you Dont care good for you.

I am not interested in making money on NFA, I am interested in having our rights restored. Unlike you it seems you only care about living under a rock.

The attorney is a NRA recognized attorney and has handled several cases over gun rights directly for the NRA

Please research before you make claims about me or people involved in trying to win court cases to restore gun owners rights in America.

My rights were not taken away .. I still have the RKBA .. whatever I want to bear...my rights are being ignored

Good luck in your case ... keep us posted !

When I was a dealer, 20+ yrs with ffl, I sold handguns to folks in chicago, even after chgo authorities tried to "scare" me...

I never sent states their goofy registration forms either ...

I never needed a judge to tell me what was right or wrong...

WalkingWolf

I have donated my money.

I would like to see NFA overturned, if you Dont care good for you.

The attorney is a NRA recognized attorney and has handled several cases over gun rights directly for the NRA

This is a open carry site whose primary focus is lawful open carry of HANDGUNS. While NFA is a RTKBA issue it is not my issue, I only speak for myself though. There are many things that are anti liberty, but I put my focus in the area that I believe is most beneficial for most. That is not NFA, most people are not interested in machine guns, silencers, or sawed off shotguns.

If you had come here and attempted to get to know us before just dropping a money collecting bomb from a personal injury(ambulance chaser) attorney it would have been more well received, at least by me. But instead you did drop the bomb without any type of getting to know us, and then got mad and arrogant over it. I fail to have any sympathy towards you. You might want to re-asses your personal social skills.

Superlite27

Don't take any guff from those with sticks up their ass, MWS.

There are tons of keyboard warriors here who get cranky at anyone who actually takes the initiative to do something supporting the 2A beyond pounding on caps lock.

They'll tell you "handgun this" and "handgun that"....right afyer they post in the NFA subsection. (There is an NFA subsection on this forum, right? Would that be for NFA handguns? Oh wait....)

Your post might have been better received in the NFA subforum. There are also those here that get cranky if your post isn't in the correct subforum. Get several of them together, and they sometimes will completely hijack a thread about the police tazing, beating, and arresting an OC'er (with video) and turn it into a contest to see how many pages can be filled with suggestions about which subforum is most appropriate.

However, once you hit around 10,000 posts, you're grandfathered into the keyboard warrior club, and they'll spam every quilting club, hotrod forum, and cookbook discussion board for donations if it concerns their pet projects. (Especially if you take the ferry.)

And don't even click on the Virginia subforum.

Unless your location is listed within Virginia's border, they'll tell you it's none of your business. You're just a stupid foreigner.

Heck. I might just drive a couple hours over there and check out your business one of these days.