• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig 1911 w/Rail Pancake holster

The Truth

Searching all over and it's tough to find a Level 2 black leather pancake holster for a Sig 1911 with a rail. I'm also interested in an identical shoulder holster.

Yeah I'm being kinda lazy posting up here...but I'm hoping maybe someone here has an idea. Gotta be top-will-last-forever quality.

Thanks!

The Truth

Looks like the ticket! Is the bottom open so that a compensator can poke through? Looks like it. Not overly expensive either...

decklin

Yep, the bottom is open. It's also got a tension screw near the trigger guard so you can change how much it grabs. I really like these holsters.

The Truth

I'm still on the hunt for one of these...can't seem to find one that covers the compensator on my 1911 entirely. Will I need to have one custom made?

Rusty Young Man

Might have to. The problem with (quality) mass-produced holsters is that they're made for mass-produced configurations; add a rail, compensator, ambi safety, or high-profile sights and you're out of luck.:(

You could try your hand at making one yourself. WalkingWolf may be able to give you some tips on the subject, as he's posted a handful of homemade leather holsters.