Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ebola case in Dallas - Hospital Worker

New Ebola case in Dallas - Hospital Worker

Not good news - 'low risk' - hospital worker has come down with it. Was never on the CDC list of quarantine risks.
    Fever developed Friday night, who know's how many people this vector infected....

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...-for-ebola.ece
    Last edited by HPmatt; 10-12-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    So, is it time to order bio suits?
    Advocate freedom please

Think its a good time for Texas to secede finally.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Not good news - 'low risk' - hospital worker has come down with it. Was never on the CDC list of quarantine risks. Fever developed Friday night, who know's how many people this vector infected.
    At the moment this person is exhibiting presumptive symptoms.

Do not take technical news from the lamestream media any more than you would accept such gun news credulously.

The moderators comments here are my guidance on emerging diseases - http://www.promedmail.org/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Top Ten Ways to Protect Yourself Against Ebola

The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    The second case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone panic! Run around like your hair is on fire.

This stuff has been in third world countries with virtually NO healthcare facilities and horrible cultural burial customs since March. Only "thousands" have died. If it were the stuff "Outbreak/Contagion/etc." movies are made of, MILLIONS would already be dead.

The FEARmongering MSM is paving the way for Vaccines. Just like the Mexican swine flu that never was. That is the agenda.

It's about Big Pharma $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 10-12-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    At the moment this person is exhibiting presumptive symptoms.

Do not take technical news from the lamestream media any more than you would accept such gun news credulously.

The moderators comments here are my guidance on emerging diseases - http://www.promedmail.org/
    No, 'at the moment,' this person was diagnosed from blood testing as an Ebola patient.

The infected person detected a fever Friday night and drove herself to the Presbyterian emergency room, where she was placed in isolation 90 minutes later. A blood sample sent to the state health lab in Austin confirmedSaturday night that she had Ebola — the first person to contract the disease in the United States
    http://www.dallasnews.com/news/local...-for-ebola.ece

In fact, here is the text for the link presented in the OP:

"20141012-health-care-worker-at-presbyterian-hospital-in-dallas-tests-positive-for-ebola"
    Last edited by wrightme; 10-12-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    The second case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone panic! Run around like your hair is on fire.

This stuff has been in third world countries with virtually NO healthcare facilities and horrible cultural burial customs since March. Only "thousands" have died. If it were the stuff "Outbreak/Contagion/etc." movies are made of, MILLIONS would already be dead.

The FEARmongering MSM is paving the way for Vaccines. Just like the Mexican swine flu that never was. That is the agenda.

It's about Big Pharma $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    I agree that this is fearmongering.

That being said, vaccines are extremely well researched and have 100% changed the landscape of what used to be pandemics of high-mortality/morbidity disease.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    I agree that this is fearmongering.

That being said, vaccines are extremely well researched and have 100% changed the landscape of what used to be pandemics of high-mortality/morbidity disease.

Those who want an ebola vaccine when it comes out can get it, and those that don't want it wont be FORCED to get it...................... Right?

Those who want an ebola vaccine when it comes out can get it, and those that don't want it wont be FORCED to get it...................... Right?
    I'm extremely torn on mass vaccinations.

The data shows that it decreases incidence of disease, and by some small extrapolation we can show that the more people in a group that don't have a vaccine, the easier it is for that virus to mutate into something that becomes a risk for even those that are vaccinated. At least that's what I've understood from the research and schooling I have had. So not vaccinating your kids could potentially increase (albeit I don't know by how much) risk for everyone around them. I am a believer in group vaccination.

On the flip side of that coin, I am an extremely free-loving independent person, and hate being told or telling others what to do. those are not just a punchline, it is my core beliefs.

So For me, being headed further and further into the medical industry, and seeing the strength of the data on herd immunity, it puts me in quite the pickle [emoji12]

Vaccine? What vaccine?

Are y'all assuming that they have one?

Be aware that they have been working on a vaccine for ebola since the disease was identified back in the 70's.

It does not appear that they are close to having one at this time.

They do have some high powered anti-virals that show promise on beating ebola back and allowing those that have it to fight it better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    Vaccine? What vaccine?

Are y'all assuming that they have one?

Be aware that they have been working on a vaccine for ebola since the disease was identified back in the 70's.

It does not appear that they are close to having one at this time.

They do have some high powered anti-virals that show promise on beating ebola back and allowing those that have it to fight it better.
    They are testing vaccines in Africa as we type.

Glaxo $mith Kline.

ETA: This AM on Faux News, the "doctors" were saying that Vaccine was a couple months out for US distribution.
    Last edited by Jeff. State; 10-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.

They are testing vaccines in Africa as we type.

Glaxo $mith Kline.
    Yep, they've been testing various vaccines over there for quite a few years. Nothing has worked yet.

Yep, they've been testing various vaccines over there for quite a few years. Nothing has worked yet.
    I was making a case for general vaccination, sorry.

with the amount of money this will generate in funding for research, I wouldn't be suprised if they have one within the year.

Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    I was making a case for general vaccination, sorry.

with the amount of money this will generate in funding for research, I wouldn't be suprised if they have one within the year.
    No needs for apology, I was responding to another that made it sound like a vaccine was available when one is not.

They test new vaccines all the time. Until one works, they do not have one.

Banned

No ebola vaccines have been tested in Africa/outside a lab on people.

Exclusive: First Ebola Vaccine Trial Starts in Africa
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...africa-n222266

Until ebola came to places with $$$$$$, Big Pharma could have cared less. Well it's here now and they will make billions on "curing" hysteria.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    So, is it time to order bio suits?
    Next one will be a worker at the bio suit factory ....

No ebola vaccines have been tested in Africa/outside a lab on people.

Exclusive: First Ebola Vaccine Trial Starts in Africa
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebo...africa-n222266

Until ebola came to places with $$$$$$, Big Pharma could have cared less. Well it's here now and they will make billions on "curing" hysteria.
    There are quite a few levels of testing prior to getting to trials.

Banned
    There are quite a few levels of testing prior to getting to trials.
    I recall hearing that the CDC OKed use of the drug used on those first 2 people ... on TV .. cannot cite that, sorry

Banned
    Bottom line.

In 7 months a disease infecting 8,000 and killing 4K in Third World countries populated by MILLIONS has the entire planet in a tizzy.

IMO a rushed, and dollar driven vaccine pushed on the global population will do as much or more harm than this disease has itself.

How many have died of other contagious diseases in the last 7 months around the globe????? My guess would be millions, and where is the hysteria with that?

CC around dallas today - walked 2 miles at Npark mall - 1 mile from Ivy apartments & Presby hospital
    -went to Whole foods - 0.5 mile from Presby & Ivy
    -got gas at Exxon 1.5 miles from Presby & Ivy - 0.25 miles from 2nd ebola case at Marquita & Greenville
    -came home 0.5 miles from Marquita and 2.0 miles from Presby & Ivy apts
    Don't know the details of US#2 - where (s)he shopped for groceries, bought gas, went for lunch with co-workers, but as far as can tell (check for my posts in 21 days),
    no issues with CC here in Dallas.

There are 2ndary considerations that have not made it into the media (due to their lack of pictures for the ignorant talking heads) -
    1) 21 day incubation period - the test cure for ebola given to the 2 people that survived - used up all the US supply - understand the medicine was developed from Tobacco plants grown in KY. Don't think you can just wave a wand, or sign a Preezy exec order and whip up 200 million doses of this - not in a few hundred days.
    2) Presbyterian hospital in Dallas now has 2 huge problems - a) their employees have now been exposed to ebola by an employee - how many, how many shifts, etc, b) the hospital is now going to empty out - no one wants to go to ground zero for their kids tonsillectomy, surgical procedures, Dr visits/consults, etc - I would not be surprised if Presby is secretly seeking financial aid from the US government to stay in business due to impact of this case on their 'non-CDC business'.

Replicate these situations for every hospital, emergency clinic, airport, health club, etc that has an ebola patient and you'll have a lot of healthcare professionals afraid to go to work, patients afraid to attend to routine medical care at hospital/medical facilities - you've got some real problems coming down the pike.

In the next 10 days let's see how many of Duncan's kids/relatives/nephews/wives/girlfriends/babymommies contract it - prayers that it w/b no one, but if cases do crop up, everyone will know the CDC was making sh-t up regarding the difficulty of spread of ebola....

The costs to the US economy in treasure spent to combat this c/b massive.

The borders need t/b secured and travel from w african countries suspended or quarantined for 21 days....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Bottom line.

In 7 months a disease infecting 8,000 and killing 4K in Third World countries populated by MILLIONS has the entire planet in a tizzy.

IMO a rushed, and dollar driven vaccine pushed on the global population will do as much or more harm than this disease has itself.

How many have died of other contagious diseases in the last 7 months around the globe????? My guess would be millions, and where is the hysteria with that?
    I hear ya. The big one with ebola (and also the flu as of late) is it is very dangerous to a healthy population. In the US at least, many of the diseases that kill are very highly concentrated as secondary infections that attack an already weakened immune system due to age or other health issues. When a disease has the capability of wiping out healthy working populations that can cost much more to society, it's worth developing spending money on research to develop drugs and vaccines to help.

That being said, while infectious disease may kill tons of people worldwide, in the US and other first world countries, heart disease and cancer are the killers. I'd definitely like to not add a disease to that list if at all possible.

It's stupid to fearmonger in the media, but I'm not brushing it aside as something thr media just "conspiracied" up either. Disease sucks. My guess is the liberal media loves to focus on stuff that will take the publics mind off of how incompetent our government has been as of late with upcoming elections.

Banned
    Bottom line.

Say whaaat ?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    So she was wearing full protective gear but got infected anyway, and nobody* knows how? Sounds like everyone is doing a bang up job. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-con...ry?id=26135108

"Officials said the nurse was wearing full protective gear while treating Duncan in quarantine at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, but somehow she got infected anyway, through what they said must have been a breach of Ebola safety protocol."
    ""It is deeply concerning that this infection occurred," he said."

*I'm wondering if she knows how but isn't saying anything... Surely somebody has to have a clue as to what safety protocol was breached.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    So she was wearing full protective gear but got infected anyway, and nobody* knows how? Sounds like everyone is doing a bang up job. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-con...ry?id=26135108

"Officials said the nurse was wearing full protective gear while treating Duncan in quarantine at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, but somehow she got infected anyway, through what they said must have been a breach of Ebola safety protocol."
    ""It is deeply concerning that this infection occurred," he said."

*I'm wondering if she knows how but isn't saying anything... Surely somebody has to have a clue as to what safety protocol was breached.
    Something about licking his eye ball.
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast