• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Ebola case in Dallas - Hospital Worker

Jeff. State

Banned
The second case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone panic! Run around like your hair is on fire.

This stuff has been in third world countries with virtually NO healthcare facilities and horrible cultural burial customs since March. Only "thousands" have died. If it were the stuff "Outbreak/Contagion/etc." movies are made of, MILLIONS would already be dead.

The FEARmongering MSM is paving the way for Vaccines. Just like the Mexican swine flu that never was. That is the agenda.

It's about Big Pharma $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:

wrightme

At the moment this person is exhibiting presumptive symptoms.

Do not take technical news from the lamestream media any more than you would accept such gun news credulously.

The moderators comments here are my guidance on emerging diseases - http://www.promedmail.org/

No, 'at the moment,' this person was diagnosed from blood testing as an Ebola patient.

The infected person detected a fever Friday night and drove herself to the Presbyterian emergency room, where she was placed in isolation 90 minutes later. A blood sample sent to the state health lab in Austin confirmedSaturday night that she had Ebola — the first person to contract the disease in the United States
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...spital-in-dallas-tests-positive-for-ebola.ece

In fact, here is the text for the link presented in the OP:

"20141012-health-care-worker-at-presbyterian-hospital-in-dallas-tests-positive-for-ebola"

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

The second case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone panic! Run around like your hair is on fire.

This stuff has been in third world countries with virtually NO healthcare facilities and horrible cultural burial customs since March. Only "thousands" have died. If it were the stuff "Outbreak/Contagion/etc." movies are made of, MILLIONS would already be dead.

The FEARmongering MSM is paving the way for Vaccines. Just like the Mexican swine flu that never was. That is the agenda.

It's about Big Pharma $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I agree that this is fearmongering.

That being said, vaccines are extremely well researched and have 100% changed the landscape of what used to be pandemics of high-mortality/morbidity disease.

Jeff. State

Banned
I agree that this is fearmongering.

That being said, vaccines are extremely well researched and have 100% changed the landscape of what used to be pandemics of high-mortality/morbidity disease.

Those who want an ebola vaccine when it comes out can get it, and those that don't want it wont be FORCED to get it...................... Right?

J_dazzle23

Those who want an ebola vaccine when it comes out can get it, and those that don't want it wont be FORCED to get it...................... Right?
I'm extremely torn on mass vaccinations.

The data shows that it decreases incidence of disease, and by some small extrapolation we can show that the more people in a group that don't have a vaccine, the easier it is for that virus to mutate into something that becomes a risk for even those that are vaccinated. At least that's what I've understood from the research and schooling I have had. So not vaccinating your kids could potentially increase (albeit I don't know by how much) risk for everyone around them. I am a believer in group vaccination.

On the flip side of that coin, I am an extremely free-loving independent person, and hate being told or telling others what to do. those are not just a punchline, it is my core beliefs.

So For me, being headed further and further into the medical industry, and seeing the strength of the data on herd immunity, it puts me in quite the pickle [emoji12]

rscottie

Vaccine? What vaccine?

Are y'all assuming that they have one?

Be aware that they have been working on a vaccine for ebola since the disease was identified back in the 70's.

It does not appear that they are close to having one at this time.

They do have some high powered anti-virals that show promise on beating ebola back and allowing those that have it to fight it better.

Jeff. State

Banned
Vaccine? What vaccine?

Are y'all assuming that they have one?

Be aware that they have been working on a vaccine for ebola since the disease was identified back in the 70's.

It does not appear that they are close to having one at this time.

They do have some high powered anti-virals that show promise on beating ebola back and allowing those that have it to fight it better.

They are testing vaccines in Africa as we type.

Glaxo $mith Kline.

ETA: This AM on Faux News, the "doctors" were saying that Vaccine was a couple months out for US distribution.

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

Yep, they've been testing various vaccines over there for quite a few years. Nothing has worked yet.
I was making a case for general vaccination, sorry.

with the amount of money this will generate in funding for research, I wouldn't be suprised if they have one within the year.

rscottie

I was making a case for general vaccination, sorry.

with the amount of money this will generate in funding for research, I wouldn't be suprised if they have one within the year.

No needs for apology, I was responding to another that made it sound like a vaccine was available when one is not.

They test new vaccines all the time. Until one works, they do not have one.

Jeff. State

Banned

rscottie

Jeff. State

Banned
Bottom line.

In 7 months a disease infecting 8,000 and killing 4K in Third World countries populated by MILLIONS has the entire planet in a tizzy.

IMO a rushed, and dollar driven vaccine pushed on the global population will do as much or more harm than this disease has itself.

How many have died of other contagious diseases in the last 7 months around the globe????? My guess would be millions, and where is the hysteria with that?

HPmatt

CC around dallas today - walked 2 miles at Npark mall - 1 mile from Ivy apartments & Presby hospital
-went to Whole foods - 0.5 mile from Presby & Ivy
-got gas at Exxon 1.5 miles from Presby & Ivy - 0.25 miles from 2nd ebola case at Marquita & Greenville
-came home 0.5 miles from Marquita and 2.0 miles from Presby & Ivy apts
Don't know the details of US#2 - where (s)he shopped for groceries, bought gas, went for lunch with co-workers, but as far as can tell (check for my posts in 21 days),
no issues with CC here in Dallas.:D

There are 2ndary considerations that have not made it into the media (due to their lack of pictures for the ignorant talking heads) -
1) 21 day incubation period - the test cure for ebola given to the 2 people that survived - used up all the US supply - understand the medicine was developed from Tobacco plants grown in KY. Don't think you can just wave a wand, or sign a Preezy exec order and whip up 200 million doses of this - not in a few hundred days.
2) Presbyterian hospital in Dallas now has 2 huge problems - a) their employees have now been exposed to ebola by an employee - how many, how many shifts, etc, b) the hospital is now going to empty out - no one wants to go to ground zero for their kids tonsillectomy, surgical procedures, Dr visits/consults, etc - I would not be surprised if Presby is secretly seeking financial aid from the US government to stay in business due to impact of this case on their 'non-CDC business'.

Replicate these situations for every hospital, emergency clinic, airport, health club, etc that has an ebola patient and you'll have a lot of healthcare professionals afraid to go to work, patients afraid to attend to routine medical care at hospital/medical facilities - you've got some real problems coming down the pike.

In the next 10 days let's see how many of Duncan's kids/relatives/nephews/wives/girlfriends/babymommies contract it - prayers that it w/b no one, but if cases do crop up, everyone will know the CDC was making sh-t up regarding the difficulty of spread of ebola....

The costs to the US economy in treasure spent to combat this c/b massive.

The borders need t/b secured and travel from w african countries suspended or quarantined for 21 days....