• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Ebola case in Dallas - Hospital Worker

J_dazzle23

Bottom line.

In 7 months a disease infecting 8,000 and killing 4K in Third World countries populated by MILLIONS has the entire planet in a tizzy.

IMO a rushed, and dollar driven vaccine pushed on the global population will do as much or more harm than this disease has itself.

How many have died of other contagious diseases in the last 7 months around the globe????? My guess would be millions, and where is the hysteria with that?
I hear ya. The big one with ebola (and also the flu as of late) is it is very dangerous to a healthy population. In the US at least, many of the diseases that kill are very highly concentrated as secondary infections that attack an already weakened immune system due to age or other health issues. When a disease has the capability of wiping out healthy working populations that can cost much more to society, it's worth developing spending money on research to develop drugs and vaccines to help.

That being said, while infectious disease may kill tons of people worldwide, in the US and other first world countries, heart disease and cancer are the killers. I'd definitely like to not add a disease to that list if at all possible.

It's stupid to fearmonger in the media, but I'm not brushing it aside as something thr media just "conspiracied" up either. Disease sucks. My guess is the liberal media loves to focus on stuff that will take the publics mind off of how incompetent our government has been as of late with upcoming elections.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Bottom line.

In 7 months a disease infecting 8,000 and killing 4K in Third World countries populated by MILLIONS has the entire planet in a tizzy.

IMO a rushed, and dollar driven vaccine pushed on the global population will do as much or more harm than this disease has itself.

How many have died of other contagious diseases in the last 7 months around the globe????? My guess would be millions, and where is the hysteria with that?

Say whaaat ?

stealthyeliminator

So she was wearing full protective gear but got infected anyway, and nobody* knows how? Sounds like everyone is doing a bang up job. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-confirms-ebola-diagnosis-breach-protocol-blamed/story?id=26135108

"Officials said the nurse was wearing full protective gear while treating Duncan in quarantine at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, but somehow she got infected anyway, through what they said must have been a breach of Ebola safety protocol."
""It is deeply concerning that this infection occurred," he said."

*I'm wondering if she knows how but isn't saying anything... Surely somebody has to have a clue as to what safety protocol was breached.

Primus

So she was wearing full protective gear but got infected anyway, and nobody* knows how? Sounds like everyone is doing a bang up job. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-confirms-ebola-diagnosis-breach-protocol-blamed/story?id=26135108

"Officials said the nurse was wearing full protective gear while treating Duncan in quarantine at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, but somehow she got infected anyway, through what they said must have been a breach of Ebola safety protocol."

*I'm wondering if she knows how but isn't saying anything... Surely somebody has to have a clue as to what safety protocol was breached.
Something about licking his eye ball.

wrightme

The top of the videos below the story linked in the OP speculates about about 1:50 about it. The doctor in the news clip says that they think to healthcare worker in question may have touched her face before removing protective gear and cleaning up.

davidmcbeth

Banned
According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, symptoms of Ebola include fever, muscle pain, weakness, vomiting, stomach pain, unexplained bleeding, severe headache and diarrhea.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...N/story.html?p1=Topopage:Test_B:Main_headline

Hey, I'm feeling kinda woozy, my tummy hurts, always have diarrhea, my brain hurts, and my gums bleed ... I think I got it...and must have had for several years ...

Primus

According to The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, symptoms of Ebola include fever, muscle pain, weakness, vomiting, stomach pain, unexplained bleeding, severe headache and diarrhea.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...N/story.html?p1=Topopage:Test_B:Main_headline

Hey, I'm feeling kinda woozy, my tummy hurts, always have diarrhea, my brain hurts, and my gums bleed ... I think I got it...and must have had for several years ...
Your a woman???

hovercat

The biggest problem that I see coming is flu season. Grandpa calls the 911 because he has a bad case of flu with fever and vomiting, and no way to get to hospital. Ambulance crew and paramedics have to suit up 100% hasmat, and decontaminate and quarantine equipment.
Hospital has to hasmat up, immediately isolate grandpa until tests come back from a now severely overworked lab. Looks like 3-4 days now. So 3-4 days of use of a very expensive isolation room and very expensive care by a lot of healthcare workers to diagnose grandpa with the flu. Not to mention the soccer moms who are worried that the kid who coughs will give Ebola to their little princess.
Just how many isolation rooms capable of handling Ebola are there in a major US city? 5? 10? And a $100 visit to the doctor office turns into $100,000. And might as well shut down the doctor's offices if everyone with a fever is suspected of Ebola.

Jeff. State

Banned
Alternative viewpoint from someone other than the MSM, CDC, and your friends at .gov

Ebo-LIE
October 8, 2014 at 5:05pm

People In the Western World Need to Know What's Happening Here in West Africa. THEY ARE LYING!!! "Ebola" as a Virus Does NOT Exist and Is NOT "Spread". The Red Cross Has Brought a Disease to 4 Specific Countries for 4 Specific Reasons and It Is Only Contracted By Those Who Receive Treatments and Injections From the Red Cross. That is Why Liberians and Nigerians Have Begun Kicking the Red Cross Out of Their Countries and Reporting In the News the Truth. Now Bear With Me:

REASONS:

Most People Jump to "Depopulation" Which is No Doubt Always on the Mind of the West When It Comes to Africa. But I Assure You Africa Can NEVER Be Depopulated By Killing 160 People a Day When Thousands are Born Per Day. So the real Reasons Are Much More Tangible.

Reason 1: This Vaccine Implemented Sickness Being "Called" Ebola Was Introduced Into West Africa for the End Goal of Getting Troops on the Ground In Nigeria, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. If You Remember We Were Just Trying to Get Into Nigeria for "Boko Haram" #******** But That Fell Apart When Nigerians Started Telling the Truth. There ARE NO GIRLS MISSING. Global Support Fell Through the Floor, and a New Reason Was Needed to Get Troops Into Nigeria and Steal the New Oil Reserves They Have Discovered.

Reason 2: Sierra Leone is the World's Largest Supplier of Diamonds. For the Past 4 Months They Have Been on Strike, Refusing to Provide Diamonds Due to Horrible Working Conditions and Slave Pay. The West Will Not Pay a Fair Wage for the Resources Because the Idea is to Keep These People Surviving on Rice Bags and Foreign AID So That They Remain a Source of Cheap Slave Labor Forever. A Reason Was Also Needed to Get Troops On the Ground In Sierra Leone to Force an End to the Diamond Miners Strikes. This is Not the First Time This Has Been Done. When Miners Refuse to Work Troops Are Sent In and Even If They Have to Kill and Replace Them All, the Only Desire is to Get Diamonds Back Flowing Out of the Country. Of Course to Launch Multiple Campaigns to Invade These Countries Separately Would Be WAY Too Fishy. But Something Like "Ebola" Allows Access to an Entire Area Simultaneously...

Reason 3: In Addition to Stealing Nigerian Oil, and Forcing Sierra Leone Back to Mining, Troops Have Also Been Sent In to FORCE Vaccinations (Deadly "Ebola" Poison) Onto Those Africans Who Are Not Foolish Enough to Take The Willingly. 3000 Troops Are Being Sent In to Make Sure That This "Poison" Continues to Spread, Because Again It Is Only Spread Through Vaccination. As More and More News Articles Are Released Like the One Above From Liberia, Informing the Populous of the US Lies and Manipulation, More and More Africans Are Refusing to Visit the Red Cross. Troops Will Force These Vaccinations Upon the People to Ensure the Visible Appearance of an Ebola Pandemic. In Addition to This They Will Protect the Red Cross From the Liberians and Nigerians Who Have Been Rightfully Ejecting Them From Their Countries.

Reason 4: 3000 Troops..... Is Ebola Susceptible to Bullets?? Ridiculous. Last But Not Least the APPEARANCE of This Ebola "Pandemic" (Should Americans Not Catch On) Will Be Used to Scare Countless Millions Into Taking the "Ebola Vaccine" Which in Reality IS THE PANDEMIC. Already They Have Started With Stories of How It Has Been Brought Back to the US and Has Appeared in Dallas, How White Doctors Were Cured But Black Infected Are Not Being Allowed to Be Treated Etc.

ALL That Will Do Is Make Blacks STRIVE to Get the Vaccine, Because It Appears That the "Cure" is Being Held Back From Blacks. They Will Run Out In Droves to Get It and Then There Will Be Serious Problems. With All We Have Seen Revealed About Vaccines This Year You Would Think We Learned Our Lesson. All I Can Do Is Hope So, Because They Depend Highly On Our Ignorance to Complete Their Agendas. Ask Yourself If Ebola Was Really Spread From Person to Person, Instead of Controlled Spread Through Vaccination - Then WHY Would the CDC and the US Government Continue to Allow Flights In and Out of These Countries With Absolutely No Regulation, Or At All? We Have Got to Start Thinking and Sharing Information Globally Because They Do Not Give the True Perspective of the People Who Live Here in West Africa. They Are Lying for Their Own Benefit and There Aren't Enough Voices Out There With a Platform to Help Share Our Reality. Hundreds of Thousands Have Been Killed, Paralyzed and Disabled By These and Other "New" Vaccines All Over the World and We Are Finally Becoming Aware of It. Now What Will We DO With All This Information?

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nana-kwame/ebo-lie/10202862436634177

hovercat

So....
Please check the packaging. Aluminum foil does no good. It must be TIN foil. Hard to get the real stuff, the .gov is keeping supplies for their own use. You may have to hammer out your own.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its hemorrhagic fever virus .. lets leave it at that ... call it what you will. Scientists do not classify non-living pseudo-organisms like we do for regular species.

Jeff is correct on some things in point 3 .. I do not support troops being sent there.

I'm sure that the parents of these troops have confidence today that DoD will take measures that will insure their safety...until they don't.

The troops have no choice, they have to follow the orders. Its up to US/you and me to get those orders changed.

wrightme

Its hemorrhagic fever virus .. lets leave it at that ... call it what you will. Scientists do not classify non-living pseudo-organisms like we do for regular species.

Jeff is correct on some things in point 3 .. I do not support troops being sent there.

I'm sure that the parents of these troops have confidence today that DoD will take measures that will insure their safety...until they don't.

The troops have no choice, they have to follow the orders. Its up to US/you and me to get those orders changed.

Er, what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus

Group: Group V ((-)ssRNA)
Order: Mononegavirales
Family: Filoviridae
Genus: Ebolavirus
Species: Zaire ebolavirus

Last edited:

J_dazzle23

viruses are not alive ... when did they start classifying them?
Viruses are very much alive if they are in a host cell. That would be the only time they are "alive" per se.

^That was the specific reasoning given on my tested material from my latest pathophysiology test :p