• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News crew quarantined - their doing it wrong !!! going out on the town

wrightme

Fallschirmjäger's right .. medical science is NOT a science.

When I visit a doc and he recommends a course of treatment, I ask the doc for a money back guarantee ... no workie, he pays me all $$ spent. If they balk, I know that they are not sure and most likely giving me BS.

It IS a science. It is NOT an exact 'this WILL cure you.'

davidmcbeth

Banned
It IS a science. It is NOT an exact 'this WILL cure you.'

u go into to see a Dr....he gives u pills saying it will cure you in 6 days .. 6 days later, not cured. Do u pay him? I don't. Would you pay a car mechanic who does not fix your car?

Or, I know someone with 4-F knees...he has numerous operations & procedures. None work. I tell him next time a Dr. says this cure will work-ask him for a $$ back guarantee....they still make recommendations but none put their wallet where their mouth is...he's still not cured (I don't think he can be). He would have better off asking for $$$ back guarantee and saved 100K.

Doctors....they are not scientists..they are practitioners ...

I have not paid a lot of doctors .. but I'm upfront about it at the get-go ... fix me or no cash for you, 'cause I think I'm fixable. I'm not your lab rat ... one chance to fix me..get it right or don't get paid...make me worse and get ready to pay me.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
With all due respect Dr Paul (who is an eye doctor, not a virologist) is confusing infectious with contagious. Although usually used interchangeably, there are specialized connotations both 'infectious' and 'contagious' that are not always respected in popular use.
The very fact that it's family, friends and caregivers that are most affected only reinforces what I said, that you have to work at contacting Ebola. You need intimate contact, not casual contact. Additionally, requiring two full months to double speaks volumes about how hard it is to contract, not how easily.
DiseaseVectorR[SUB]0[/SUB]
(Contagiousness)
MeaslesAirborne12-18
PertussisAirborne droplet12–17
DiphtheriaSaliva6–7
SmallpoxAirborne droplet5–7
PolioFecal-oral route5–7
RubellaAirborne droplet5–7
MumpsAirborne droplet4–7
HIV/AIDSSexual contact2–5
SARSAirborne droplet2–5
Influenza
(1918 pandemic strain)
Airborne droplet2–3
Ebola
(2014 Ebola outbreak)
Bodily fluids1-2
BotulismNot contagious0

lol. Remember SARS?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Wot? I get no credit for figuring out how to use this "Tables" stuff in HTML?
Sheesh, I had to practically read a whole book just to make that post.

Yeah, I did notice all that when I quoted your post. :lol: Didn't think much of it though – I write tables in LaTeX all the time.

Oh, and it's BBcode, not HTML. :p

since9

Campaign Veteran
-1 to credibility for posting that.

-1 to your own credibility for ignoring key information from the CDC, WHO, and other credible resources, all of which were properly cited and referenced.

Two entries away from an article entitled "Ebola: Accident, or engineered?", because apparently Obama is just itching for an opportunity to stick us all into FEMA camps. Gimme a break!

Hence the question mark after "engineered." It's a question for consideration. If you disagree with the premise, by all means, let fly.

OC for ME

CDC, WHO, and other credible resources...
...this right here is down right hi-larry-e-ous!!!

...then why is da feds and that airline looking for every person that the nurse "flew with" if ya can't get ebola from being in the same space. What's the fuss? :rolleyes: