Thread: DC Police Dept 'Loses' Gun Owners’ Fingerprints, Forces Them to Pay Fee to Re-Registe

DC Police Dept 'Loses' Gun Owners’ Fingerprints, Forces Them to Pay Fee to Re-Registe

Fox 5’s Emily Miller, a proud gun owner herself, led an investigation into why these law-abiding gun owners were being dragged back to the police station. They were already fingerprinted when they first registered their guns, so why do they have to do it again? The answer is infuriating:
    “According to City Council Chairman Phil Mendelson, the police department lost the fingerprints.”
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortney...ister-n1897259

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2663229...e-registration
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-13-2014 at 06:27 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Still waiting to hear from the ACLU or one of the Three Stooges about how evil it is to require a tax/fee to exercise a Right...

Won't be holding my breath.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Banned
    We are all law abiding ... a law is something that cannot be broken, even if one wanted to.

So even mass murderers are not law breakers ...

The word "law" has different meanings to different people.

Laws are scientific in nature...not man-made statues or codes or ordinances.

Who would go back and be re-fingerprinted? Force majure ... not their fault.

IMO they have no obligation to go back and be re-fingerprinted.

And registration ? Unconstitutional to begin with.

Pass all the laws they want ... they are not "laws" at all.

Seems like most folks in DC agree ... few have responded. Good for them.

You can have my fingerprints when you pry them from my...
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    You can have my fingerprints when you pry them from my...
    You would chop your fingers off before giving (or right after) your fingerprints?

I like that style...give the fingerprints and then cut each finger off right in front of them .... sweet

Criminals are fingerprinted for free.

Law abiding citizens are charged $35 to be fingerprinted, and because the cops screwed up.