• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McConnell vs. Grimes

Midwest

McConnell vs. Grimes

The debate is tonight and the whole nation is watching this Senate Race. I know we don't do politics here, I hope we can make an exception...this race is too important to ignore.

How really pro-gun is McConnell?

Is Grimes as pro-gun as she says she is?

Sir Diealotz

McConnell has disappointed me many times, but he has stopped dozens of anti gun bills in the Senate. As Minority Leader he has tremendous power. As Majority Leader he could affect major changes and stop many things that Obama will try in the next two years.

Alison Grimes is a lying opportunist that will say anything to get elected. Alison Grimes was a delegate to the Democrat Convention that nominated Barack Obama. Even if Alison Grimes is just as pro gun as she claims to be, as soon as she got to Washington, she would be told how to vote and that her duty was to the Democrat Party, not KY. These instructions would come from the Majority Leader, Harry Reid. If she didn't follow instructions, she wouldn't get any money for her reelection campaign, she would be pushed out of the important committee assignments, she wouldn't get invited to TV interviews. If Grimes is elected, in 3mo. she won't even be able to find Ky.

^ This...

IMO we need new leadership however Grimes is NOT IT. I'm voting for "the lesser of 2 evils"

hotrod

McConnell has disappointed me many times, but he has stopped dozens of anti gun bills in the Senate. As Minority Leader he has tremendous power. As Majority Leader he could affect major changes and stop many things that Obama will try in the next two years.

Alison Grimes is a lying opportunist that will say anything to get elected. Alison Grimes was a delegate to the Democrat Convention that nominated Barack Obama. Even if Alison Grimes is just as pro gun as she claims to be, as soon as she got to Washington, she would be told how to vote and that her duty was to the Democrat Party, not KY. These instructions would come from the Majority Leader, Harry Reid. If she didn't follow instructions, she wouldn't get any money for her reelection campaign, she would be pushed out of the important committee assignments, she wouldn't get invited to TV interviews. If Grimes is elected, in 3mo. she won't even be able to find Ky.

What he said

poetdante

Grimes feels slimey. Just an "ugh!" feeling I get just seeing her ads.

I'm very surprised how much support she is getting.

Midwest

I'm voting for Mitch too.

On Fox 19 News in the Morning Grimes is back with her ads and her ads seems to run 4 or 5 times much as McConnell's does. Someone needs to tell Mitch to start spending more money on ads in the Cincinnati market especially Fox 19.

poetdante

Grannies for Alison Grimes is holding an outdoor event outside Copper and Kings Distillery E.Washington St Louisville. If I wasnt lugging a 20lb backpack home from school i would stop and actually respond to their attempt to waylay me

poetdante

McConnel isnt conservative enough for me either but Grimes gives me a sickening feeling like she is going to do anything Obama tells her.

Midwest

On Fox 19 News in the Morning Grimes is back with her ads and her ads seems to run 4 or 5 times much as McConnell's does. Someone needs to tell Mitch to start spending more money on ads in the Cincinnati market especially Fox 19.

I've noticed more McConnell ads on Fox 19 and on the Cincinnati TV market now. Maybe Mitch's people monitor this forum.

I have looked at Grimes' ads and McConnell ads, it seems to me that Grimes is flat out lying about Mitch. She is saying that he wasn't there for important votes, but he has a 99% attendance record. Grime's is loyal to her party but not to Kentucky from what I gathered.

Maybe Mitch isn't 100% conservative, but if he wins and the Republicans run the House. Mitch McConnell will be House Majority Leader and that is a huge plus for Kentucky.

HPmatt

It would be satisfying to see the Senate reach Republican majority/control, and (a) either McConnell loses but RINOs still controll Senate, or (b) even though he said he could repeal 80-90% of Obamace with 51 votes (like it was passed), now he says it needs 60 to repeal - McConnell lost race to be elected majority leader of the Senate. Unfortunately looks like he's going to control Senate and squander the oppty to rollback all of the damage Obama and Reid have done - by being to cautious and 'reaching across the aisle' after 6 years of be handed sh-t sandwiches.

Here in TX 'Big John' lyin' Cornyn does not need my vote to win Senate re-election, nor has he addressed my concerns ANY ISSUES: a) Obamacare, b) closing the border, c) what will they do if they control the House & Senate and Obama illegally attempts to extend illegal citizenship to 20-30 million democrat-voting illegals, d) rolling back taxes, e) shrinking size of government, e) defunding IRS for its abuses of tea-party groups, f) defunding ATF for Fast & Furious, g) defunding Energy Department green energy boondoggles, etc.