Thread: NYPD court settlements cost taxpayers nearly half a BILLION dollars...

White Oak Plantation

NYPD court settlements cost taxpayers nearly half a BILLION dollars...

New York City taxpayers have shelled out nearly half a billion dollars in NYPD-related settlements over the past five years.
    What, five or so settlements a day?

Each officer is responsible for ~$12,423 in settlements since 2009. Each officer is responsible for ~15 civil violation each day since 2009.

Fun with numbers.

How many NYPD cops were shown the door for costing the taxpayers this much money.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

earth's crust
    As Gothamist pointed out, The largest settlement on the list, $11.5 million, resulted from the case of Google engineer Sasha Blair-Goldensohn, who was hit and partially paralyzed by a falling tree limb in Central Park in 2009.

Read more:
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

New Yorkers getting clubbed by tress? Love it ! Even trees hate these people.

Nashville, TN
    yawn.... just borrow some more money.