Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll call. How many Freemasons on OCDO?

Regular Member self preservation's Avatar

Roll call. How many Freemasons on OCDO?

I'll start. Bath lodge 55, Owingsville, KY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

self-pres·er·va·tion (slfprzr-vshn)
    n.
    1. Protection of oneself from harm or destruction.
    2. The instinct for individual preservation; the innate desire to stay alive.

It is a secret.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Id tell you but of have to kill you...
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Should have counted on such responses. Thanks anyhow.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

n.

I am a Confessing Lutheran, I am not a Mason, though I am sympathetic to their cause vis-a-vis Declaratio de associationibus massonicis. For those reasons, as in the Declaratio, secrets should be kept secret.

Canon 1374. A person who joins an association which plots against the Church is to be punished with a just penalty; one who promotes or takes office in such an association is to be punished with an interdict.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-14-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

There is no such thing as a "secret mason." I didn't ask anyone to divulge Masonic secrets. I just asked if anyone else was a F&AM.

n.

Quote Originally Posted by self preservation View Post
    There is no such thing as a "secret mason." I didn't ask anyone to divulge Masonic secrets. I just asked if anyone else was a F&AM.
    So there are no Catholic Masons, no Greek Orthodox, ... no Free Baptists?

ETA much later.

Q: Could someone please explain briefly why Masons are not allowed in the Lutheran Church?

A: Bylaw 3.925 of the [LCMS] Synod's Handbook summarizes the rationale for the [LCMS] Synod's longstanding position on the lodges: "Pastors and laypeople must avoid membership or participation in any organization that in its objectives, ceremonies, or practices is inimical to the Gospel of Jesus Christ or the faith and life of the Christian church." It is because tenets and practices of Freemasonry conflict with the biblical Gospel of Jesus Christ that our church from its very beginning has held that membership in this organization conflicts with a faithful confession of this Gospel.

Many examples from the official rites and ceremonies of Freemasonry could be cited to illustrate the reasons for the [LCMS] Synod's position, but the following is one example. The second section of the Entered Apprentice degree reviews what has taken place in the initiation rite and closes with this definition of the Lambskin of White Leathern Apron given to the candidate: "The Lamb has, in all ages, been deemed an emblem of innocence. He, therefore, who wears the Lambskin as the badge of a Freemason, is constantly reminded of that purity of life and conduct which is so essentially necessary to his gaining admission into the Celestial Lodge above, where the Supreme Architect of the Universe presides." This statement holds out the promise that "purity of life and conduct" is "essentially necessary" for entry into life hereafter with the divine being called the "Supreme Architect." Such an assertion stands in direct conflict with the apostolic Gospel, and therefore endangers faith. St. Paul affirms in his epistle to the Galatians that "by works of the law shall no one be justified ... for if justification were through the law, then Christ died to no purpose" (Gal. 2:16, 21). (http://www.lcms.org/faqs/lcmsviews accessed 10/14/2014)
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-14-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    The first rule of being a freemason...
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

... confessing faith.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    There are a number here that have been so recognized.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

PM me - I need my chimney tuck-pointed for free....
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I stayed at a Holiday Inn...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Uh-oh, The Illuminati are on to us.

The Origins of Freemasonry: Scotland’s Century 1590-1710, David Stevenson, a review

"In this study of long neglected Scottish evidence, Stevenson, a Reader in Scottish History at the University of Aberdeen, pushes the history of freemasonry back a century earlier than standard accounts. The effect is to de-emphasize the English 18th century developments, such as the founding of the Grand Lodge in London in 1717, and place the genesis of this secret fraternity in the context of the Scottish Reformation and the struggles of the Covenanters. Even further, the fact that the most interesting Mason of the 17th century, Sir Robert Moray, was a Covenanter general, and that one stream of influence on freemasonry was the hermetic Lutheranism of the Rosicrucians (which was present in the military arm of German protestantism) should make us reexamine the goals and methods of this generation of reformers. [my emphasis]
    http://www.contra-mundum.org/cm/reviews/tw_masonry.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/The-Origins-Fr.../dp/0521396549

This is where I attended summer school through elementary school at nearby M. R. Trace in the Rose Garden District of San Jose, California. http://www.rosicrucian.org/park/index.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	park_postcard.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	12126  
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-14-2014 at 07:27 PM. Reason: add image

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    PM me - I need my chimney tuck-pointed for free....
    Just remember, like Internet advice, the value one gets is equal to the cost to obtain!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Wait, Mason's operate bath houses? LOL

Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I am a Confessing Lutheran, I am not a Mason, though I am sympathetic to their cause vis-a-vis Declaratio de associationibus massonicis. For those reasons, as in the Declaratio, secrets should be kept secret.
    There are "Confessing Lutherans" within my ELCA church who are active Freemasons and, in fact, one of the Deacons is a Past Master of his Masonic Lodge. My Pastor has no problem with Masons being members, but it is my understanding that one cannot be ordained if they are a Mason.

The whole kerfluffle, as I understand it, relates to Freemasonry's requirement of belief in a Supreme Being without requiring belief in a specific religion. Since most religions, on principle, demand that its members believe in that religion's specific doctrine to the exclusion of others, and since Freemasonry does not adhere to one specific religious belief, they have been declared anathema by several organized religions. Thus, religions tend to be divisive rather than inclusive.

The idea that Freemasonry is antithetical to any religion is not supported by fact.
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 10-15-2014 at 10:11 AM.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCanby View Post
    ... Freemasonry .., they have been declared anathema by several organized religions. Thus, religions tend to be divisive rather than inclusive. The idea that Freemasonry is antithetical to any religion is not supported by fact.
    Freemasonry is anathema to orthodox religions, Catholic, Eastern, et cetera. Oh, and Islam.

Freemasonry and Rosicrucianism rose with the reformation. See the history of the Scottish Rite from 1535, following Luther's 1515 The Ninety-Five Theses on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences Disputatio pro declaratione virtutis indulgentiarum.

Thank goodness religions are discerning and divisive of good from evil.

Freemasonry is anathema to orthodox religions, Catholic, Eastern, et cetera. Oh, and Islam.

Freemasonry and Rosicrucianism rose with the reformation. See the history of the Scottish Rite from 1535, following Luther's 1515 The Ninety-Five Theses on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences Disputatio pro declaratione virtutis indulgentiarum.

Thank goodness religions are discerning and divisive of good from evil.
    If you are categorizing Freemasonry as 'evil' then you simply know nothing about Freemasonry.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection

If you are categorizing Freemasonry as 'evil' then you simply know nothing about Freemasonry.
    If you read that from a Confessing Lutheran and Rosicrucian than you are incapable ... impotent ... insensate
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-15-2014 at 11:21 AM.

If you read that from a Confessing Lutheran and Rosicrucian than you are incapable ... impotent ... insensate
    The use of ad hominem is the last refuge of those unable to discourse intelligently...
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

My late former father-in-law was a 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Freemason. His daughter (my wife at the time) had a book in our library that was written by a former Mason which revealed a lot of secrets, and spoke of much of the evil he had seen done to let members in good standing get away with evil acts, and to punish those who "betrayed" the lodge in any way.

One morning when they were visiting, she got up to find him reading the book with his morning coffee. He finished it and said, "It's all true." He took off his ring and never attended another meeting, but he was afraid --truly afraid-- to openly renounce membership, or even stop paying dues.

This is a man who retired from the Army and then spent a second career working in the county courthouse, finally retiring as the elected tax assessor. He saw all the inner workings of the local government, and knew exactly how they were tied together with Freemasonry.

I have been trying for years to find a free mason, but the only ones I have found so far charge too much money...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    My late former father-in-law was a 32nd Degree Scottish Rite Freemason. His daughter (my wife at the time) had a book in our library that was written by a former Mason which revealed a lot of secrets, and spoke of much of the evil he had seen done to let members in good standing get away with evil acts, and to punish those who "betrayed" the lodge in any way.

One morning when they were visiting, she got up to find him reading the book with his morning coffee. He finished it and said, "It's all true." He took off his ring and never attended another meeting, but he was afraid --truly afraid-- to openly renounce membership, or even stop paying dues.

This is a man who retired from the Army and then spent a second career working in the county courthouse, finally retiring as the elected tax assessor. He saw all the inner workings of the local government, and knew exactly how they were tied together with Freemasonry.
    Anecdotal. There are disreputable men in every organization, e.g., Catholic Priest pedophiles, but that does not mean the institution is evil. Freemasonry has existed for hundreds, if not thousands of years and has evolved from operative tradesmen's guilds into Speculative Freemasonry with the cognoscenti of every age and just about every country as members. The Tenets of Brotherly Love, Relief (Charity) and Truth are integral to membership. Here in the U.S., the Freemason community donates an average of two million dollars a day to charity. The 22 Shriners hospitals provide comprehensive medical care regardless of the patients' parents ability to pay. Sorry your father-in-law had a bad experience that was exacerbated by reading a book written a "former" Mason.
    Last edited by JamesCanby; 10-15-2014 at 03:53 PM.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

Greek Orthodox Mason here. 32 Scottish Rite as well. OP is just asking if there are Masonic Brothers here, not to divulge secrets. Of course, you will get funny responses with that question but it's certainly not unreasonable to ask.

It's so comical hearing some of these stories about how Masons "punished those who spoke ill of the lodge or helped them steal babies souls"... It gets old guys, you sound like someone from the Spanish Inquisition.

Our Ritual binds us but we are God fearing men seeking to better ourselves through symbolism and allegory. We do lot's of fundraising to help others and our members and even more community service. Some lodges may be more exclusive than others or have some debate on certain topics but it sounds like your brother in law is not adhering to the principles of Freemasonry himself. Scared to stop pay dues? Please, they're like $40-70 per year depending on where your lodge is. More than likely, he didn't get elected to an office or had a disagreement with someone there and stopped going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast