Thread: MOD HELP! My thread got spammed!

MOD HELP! My thread got spammed!

My thread got spammed yesterday!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ntify-this-gun!!

I reported it using hte report thing! However its still there today! It looks like post #16 thru #34 is all spam! Please look into this!
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicworkman View Post
    My thread got spammed yesterday!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ntify-this-gun!!

I reported it using hte report thing! However its still there today! It looks like post #16 thru #34 is all spam! Please look into this!
    Sooo,,, you found out....

The forum has been Supper Spammed about 300 times by at least 5 posters,
    starting about 3:30 AM my time!

Im pretty sure that the whole crew is up and at it right now.
    I have reported all 5 of the posters, several times, to all the right people!

This is the worst spam attack I have ever seen,, Its gonna take some time
    and hard work to clean it all up,, eventually, all the spam posts will disappear... poof!

make sure you dont make it worse by replying to any of them...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Sounds like your aware of situation! Thank for taking minute out of your busy day to reply! I have not responded nor will I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

The problem is this forum is short on mods. Has been doing its best for sometime now with few hands on deck.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    John is accutely aware of the problem. I am coordinating with him and expect hope to have things back on an even keel today.

Please read link:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...46#post2099246

Also my PM box is temporarily out of service. That'll get fixed when the primary forum glitch is resolved.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I've been posting on internet forums most of my adult life and this is definitely one of the worst spam jobs I've ever seen. Relentless.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

This site has done really well with the mods and administrators it has. Most sites cannot plan for a attack like this one, this is not the usual spamming. This is one angry person, or several angry persons. Until they decide to take their anger back to facebook attacks they will just keep creating new SN's. The site could ban their IP's but most of these jerks use software to hide their IP.

Just be patient, some other site will PO them, and they will go bother them instead of us. I have a good guess who is doing it, but have no proof. Just the timing of it, and a member from the other gun site scolding his fellow members for it.

Honestly I do not see what they are going to accomplish by acting like spoiled children because others will not jump on their bandwagon.

The only permanent option I can see, I doubt the staff wants to do that, is to create a sub forum for long standing members. When the attacks come then we can completely avoid them. This has worked on other sites, the main subforums still remain active as that is where most members are. But when a problem arises it allows the flow to continue until the spammer gets bored and moves on.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The problem will be resolved, but complaining about spammers (we all hate them) on thread after thread is non-productive.

Locking it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.