• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOD HELP! My thread got spammed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

My thread got spammed yesterday!

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?124478-Help-Me-Identify-this-gun!!

I reported it using hte report thing! However its still there today! It looks like post #16 thru #34 is all spam! Please look into this!

Sooo,,, you found out....

The forum has been Supper Spammed about 300 times by at least 5 posters,
starting about 3:30 AM my time!

Im pretty sure that the whole crew is up and at it right now.
I have reported all 5 of the posters, several times, to all the right people!

This is the worst spam attack I have ever seen,, Its gonna take some time
and hard work to clean it all up,, eventually, all the spam posts will disappear... poof!

make sure you dont make it worse by replying to any of them...

mechanicworkman

Sounds like your aware of situation! Thank for taking minute out of your busy day to reply! I have not responded nor will I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

FreeInAZ

The problem is this forum is short on mods. Has been doing its best for sometime now with few hands on deck. :(

The Truth

I've been posting on internet forums most of my adult life and this is definitely one of the worst spam jobs I've ever seen. Relentless.

WalkingWolf

This site has done really well with the mods and administrators it has. Most sites cannot plan for a attack like this one, this is not the usual spamming. This is one angry person, or several angry persons. Until they decide to take their anger back to facebook attacks they will just keep creating new SN's. The site could ban their IP's but most of these jerks use software to hide their IP.

Just be patient, some other site will PO them, and they will go bother them instead of us. I have a good guess who is doing it, but have no proof. Just the timing of it, and a member from the other gun site scolding his fellow members for it.

Honestly I do not see what they are going to accomplish by acting like spoiled children because others will not jump on their bandwagon.

The only permanent option I can see, I doubt the staff wants to do that, is to create a sub forum for long standing members. When the attacks come then we can completely avoid them. This has worked on other sites, the main subforums still remain active as that is where most members are. But when a problem arises it allows the flow to continue until the spammer gets bored and moves on.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The problem will be resolved, but complaining about spammers (we all hate them) on thread after thread is non-productive.

Locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.