• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tyranny in Texas?

hovercat

To add ANYTHING to the agenda takes time in TX. It has to be published and posted a certain number of days. This is to allow those who wish to be heard to attend. Otherwise you could take up an issue and ramrod it through on 10 minute notice, and the public that would want to speak on that issue would not know to attend, and the issue would pass without dissenting comment from the public. This has happened in the past and is also bad.
If there is no listing for public comment, they cannot add it at that meeting. He must get it added to the agenda of the next meeting.

stealthyeliminator

To add ANYTHING to the agenda takes time in TX. It has to be published and posted a certain number of days. This is to allow those who wish to be heard to attend. Otherwise you could take up an issue and ramrod it through on 10 minute notice, and the public that would want to speak on that issue would not know to attend, and the issue would pass without dissenting comment from the public. This has happened in the past and is also bad.
If there is no listing for public comment, they cannot add it at that meeting. He must get it added to the agenda of the next meeting.

I heard a rumor that the agenda wasn't posted properly, which is a violation of the law unless I'm mistaken. I don't think he was necessarily asking that public comment be added on the spot, he was very simply standing up to a tyrant.

longtalltechsan

For all those interested, the elected judge in this situation did not win re-election. He was beaten by the Republican candidate, Lovett.