• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hypocrisy yet again for anti-gunners

J_dazzle23

unfortunate that someone thought to threaten this woman.

For more unfortunate that someone with as far-reaching voice as she has so quickly invalidates one basic human right while pushing relentlessly to ensure a different human right that she deems above the others.

for those that don't read the article, she cancelled her speaking engagement because the university would not break the law for her and restrict 2nd amendment rights.

Although even the article misses it when they report that a concealed firearms permit is needed to legally attend.

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/31957809

JoeSparky

Centurion
unfortunate that someone thought to threaten this woman.

For more unfortunate that someone with as far-reaching voice as she has so quickly invalidates one basic human right while pushing relentlessly to ensure a different human right that she deems above the others.

for those that don't read the article, she cancelled her speaking engagement because the university would not break the law for her and restrict 2nd amendment rights.

Although even the article misses it when they report that a concealed firearms permit is needed to legally attend.

http://m.ksl.com/index/story/sid/31957809

Actually, regarding your last line related to attendance.....

A permit to conceal is required for you to legally carry a firearm at any of Utah's PUBLIC schools---- Elementary through College/university. No requirement that the firearm is actually concealed. Certain, state level colleges and universities are claiming that since one must have a permit the firearm must be concealed, but Utah's permit simply ALLOWS concealment. It does NOT require same.

J_dazzle23

Sorry my head was in the sand. Somehow I meant that "a weapon MUST be concealed is wrong", but ended up typing something completely different.

Fine motor skills get rough when you are annoyed at this kind of news :)

Last edited:

The Truth

The man: "God, how long is a million years?"God: "To me, it's about a minute."The man: "God, how much is a million dollars?"God: "To me it's a penny."The man: "God, may I have a penny?"God: "Wait a minute."A: Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation?B: Yes, of course.A: Great! I never could before!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--Mod deleted spam quote--

+1

Last edited by a moderator: