Thread: Conceal carry in car --- holster recomendations

Conceal carry in car --- holster recomendations

Hello friends!

I am looking into possible in car holster options. Any recommendations?

Secondarily, should I need to secure my Kahr cw9 in my vehicle (while I am away from the vehicle itself) any gun safe recommendations for in the car?

Also, a few weeks back I found a handy note-card that said where you can and can not OC and CC any way someone can send this to me, or tell me where to find it again.

Thanks friends, stay alert, stay alive!

-Turn_key21

There are no gun safes that will 'secure' your firearm. For holsters for in-car carry, it makes sense to have a left-side shoulder holster - less sweeping of your right leg, less chance of being tangled in the steering wheel.

If you absolutely have to 'store' your firearm in your car and you just -can't- leave it at home, suggest a very strong tool box, bolted to the floor that does not say 'there's a gun here, take me'.

HTH

If you have anything that a determined thief wants bad enough they will get it. That said most measures will stop most thieves. We use a small safe under the seat for pocket pistols. In the trunk there are two cables that are locked though the trigger guard behind the trigger. Most times I avoid places where the gun needs to be left in the car. Unfortunately one place I cannot avoid is the hospital, and the doctor located inside, that is about the only time the guns are locked in the car. My appointments are always in the busy part of the day, making a car break in unlikely. Lots of witnesses and cops coming and going. Two of my doctors in Raleigh are not posted and I have carried in their office.

Though I have heard rumors that some people or their spouse if not being examined or have to undress carry in the hospital anyway. That's just rumors though.

Michigan laws may vary. Signs in NC carry the force of law, they may not in Michigan.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Assuming you are a cpl holder, weld an eye bolt underneath the seat, no welder no worries, it can be done cheaply by a car repair place. Cable lock the pistol's frame to the bolt then hide it under the seat, then take the mag(s) slide and barrel in to the cez if desired/legal. Cheap, easy and effective, and if it gets stolen they still only get the frame.
    Last edited by Michigander; 10-15-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Since he came here to ask about CC, he may not know what a CEZ is either.

Crime empowerment zones .

I always carry a couple of zip lock bags in the car, just break your semi auto down as Michigander suggested, zip in a baggy and you are good to go. Most thieves are lazy, they want things that are sold quickly & easily. A frame is not usually on the top of their "to steal list".
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    IMO its never the gun owners fault when some steals from him ... I leave guns in my back seat sometimes ... I leave the doors unlocked to avoid a smash and grab...take the gun if you need it more than me I guess....

never had one stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    If you have anything that a determined thief wants bad enough they will get it. That said most measures will stop most thieves. We use a small safe under the seat for pocket pistols. In the trunk there are two cables that are locked though the trigger guard behind the trigger. Most times I avoid places where the gun needs to be left in the car. Unfortunately one place I cannot avoid is the hospital, and the doctor located inside, that is about the only time the guns are locked in the car. My appointments are always in the busy part of the day, making a car break in unlikely. Lots of witnesses and cops coming and going. Two of my doctors in Raleigh are not posted and I have carried in their office.

Though I have heard rumors that some people or their spouse if not being examined or have to undress carry in the hospital anyway. That's just rumors though.

Michigan laws may vary. Signs in NC carry the force of law, they may not in Michigan.
    That's a typo, correct?
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by ron73440 View Post
    That's a typo, correct?
    Nope, not a typo. It is trespassing in NC to carry in a business that is posted. Though it is misdemeanor trespassing, but those with a CHP will lose their permit upon conviction.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    IMO its never the gun owners fault when some steals from him ... I leave guns in my back seat sometimes ... I leave the doors unlocked to avoid a smash and grab...take the gun if you need it more than me I guess....

never had one stolen.
    I used to leave my truck doors unlocked, but now I only leave one of em unlocked. People thought I was crazy, but 2 years ago there were a bunch of car breakins in my neighborhood one early morning, had to have been between 5-6am (I go to bed at 430-5), and a bunch of my neighbors' windows were broken, but not mine Hope that criminal enjoyed his $3.75 in nickels, dimes, and pennies!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Nope, not a typo. It is trespassing in NC to carry in a business that is posted. Though it is misdemeanor trespassing, but those with a CHP will lose their permit upon conviction.
    I know it's trespassing to refuse to leave after they ask you, but never found that the sign was legally enforceable.
    What I told my wife when she said my steel Baby Eagle .45 was heavy, "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable, if it doesn't work you could always hit him with it."-Boris the Blade

MOLON LABE

I know it's trespassing to refuse to leave after they ask you, but never found that the sign was legally enforceable.
    I'll dig for it later, but it is in the Concealed Carry statute as to the places you cannot carry.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedL...14-415.11.html

(c) Except as provided in G.S. 14-415.27, a permit does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
    (8) On any private premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises.
    Now, for the Special Folks:

§ 14‑415.27. Expanded permit scope for certain persons.
    Notwithstanding G.S. 14‑415.11(c), any of the following persons who has a concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Article or that is considered valid under G.S. 14‑415.24 is not subject to the area prohibitions set out in G.S. 14‑415.11(c) and may carry a concealed handgun in the areas listed in G.S. 14‑415.11(c) unless otherwise prohibited by federal law:
    (1) A district attorney.
    (2) An assistant district attorney.
    (3) An investigator employed by the office of a district attorney.
    (4) A North Carolina district or superior court judge.
    (5) A magistrate.
    (6) A person who is elected and serving as a clerk of court.

(7) A person who is elected and serving as a register of deeds. (2011‑268, s. 22(b); 2011‑326, s. 21; 2013‑369,s. 22.)

I see my confusion, it has the force of law for CC, not OC.

I never carry a concealed handgun anywhere, so I should be OK.

MOLON LABE

Thank you for all the responses. I have decided to purchase a magnetic plate that i will mount between my legs on the hard plastic part of seat at the cushion level (easiest access). I will look into the best storage solution. I do not plan to leave it in the car often. I try not to frequent institutions that prohibit the lawful carry of handguns. (crazy thing is the bad guys do though!)

Stay alert, stay alive!

-turn_key

Banned
    Hey!