Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice

Advice

who cares
    Last edited by ricky_g; 10-19-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_g View Post
    i went to a bar friday, some guy that has never liked me (i married the woman he wanted) anyways bar was packed with people i did not know, the guy started saying "you can not own firearms", and "do you have a gun", well i had my pistol concealed.. and before i went in i emptied it and put mag in a pocket, the guy at one point grabs me and starts feeling and grabbed my pistol and ran down the street yelling "i got it, i got it", cops show up, take my pistol and drive me home as they thought i might have drank too much.. i realized i left my vehicle unlocked with windows down, so my wife and i walked back to pick it up (her driving).. during time in bar i met an off duty PD officer.. when i went for vehicle i walked in to ask the name of off duty cop, i was told to leave. i walked out and cops handcuffed me and brought me to station overnight, all cops involved said i did nothing illegal.. next morning new cop lets me out and said it was the weirdest story he ever heard, and NO charges on me as i did nothing wrong. he tells me to go monday to pick up my pistol, cop says NO, and told me to go on weds. to talk with original officer, that one said he was pissed at guy that grabbed my gun, he said some people (all pals with guy that grabbbed gun) said i m"showed it off", others said i did nothing, cop was pissed off that i wetn back, but said he understood why,... but people were scared.. he told me IF he charges me it will be reckless conduct, and misdemeanor, PD chief also revoked my carry permit. now i have to wait for officer to decide, he said maybe monday.... but within 2 weeks if i do not hear from to call him... he said guy that grabbed my gun is always drunk, cop told me i was/am very polite and honest, and he had talked to me before for kid related stuff, he said i was always helpful and sober, and he knows i am not much of a drinker......... i do not know what to do, my nerves are shot!

Grow up. Stop getting drunk. Stop getting into drunken arguments with other drunks.

Welcome to the forum.

Forgive me if I misinterpreted your post.

Oh, and paragraphs.

who cares

1. i was not drunk
    2. other guy was drunk
    3.there was no real argument, i actually keep trying to get away for the guy.
    "grow up"... someone told me about this forum.. doubt it is for me.
    Stick around a while. Maybe you'll change your mind.

1. i was not drunk
    2. other guy was drunk
    3.there was no real argument, i actually keep trying to get away for the guy.
    "grow up"... someone told me about this forum.. doubt it is for me.
    Don't mind "notalawyer." One post does not represent this forum. You shouldn't judge us because then you're just doing what notalawyer did.

Weird story. I have no idea what to tell you other than contact a 2A or a civil rights lawyer ASAP and don't talk to the cops anymore unless your lawyer is present.

You let the guy pat you down? You let the guy grab your gun even though you were CCing? What the hell is going on here? I am beyond confused as to how this could even happen in reality. Maybe this forum is not for you? Who told you that? So far, you may be right. I haven't decided yet.

But I'm just one dude, don't mind me either.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

who cares

Banned
    Cannot wait for this TV movie ... OP asked no questions...

Demand citation!
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Cannot wait for this TV movie ... OP asked no questions...
    Of course not, another provocateur from you can guess.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

who cares
    Last edited by ricky_g; 10-19-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I tale with no point and a strange one at that.

If legitimate - contact an attorney and post nothing here w/o authorization.

When the dust settles, provide verification of your claims to this.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

i did, and it looks like they may charge him
    I saw no citation~~it should be easy to provide a police report.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I tale with no point and a strange one at that.

If legitimate - contact an attorney and post nothing here w/o authorization.

When the dust settles, provide verification of your claims to this.
    Good advice, but IMO I wouldn't count on the verification.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Yeah, I'm calling BS on this one too. Guy grabs your gun out of your CC holster somehow without you realizing it until it was too late and you spend the night in jail with no charges and the other guy walks free.

Hmmm what's that smell?

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

ops story sounds extremely familiar to one the popped up in washington sub-forum....from a new poster as welll

humm

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ops story sounds extremely familiar to one the popped up in washington sub-forum....from a new poster as welll

humm

ipse
    Link please.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post

humm

ipse
    It is ,,, similar , But not the same guys I think...
    Hemry in washington,,, used paragraphs...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I'm going to chime in on this thread, as it appears pretty clear to me that the OP is rattling off hogwash.

First; anyone with a pistol license in the State of New Hampshire would know that there is no such thing as a "permit to carry" in these parts.

Second; the OP mentions that he had his "carry permit" revoked by a police chief. There are codified standards for suspension (or revocation) of a pistol license in this State. They can be viewed at http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n.../Saf-C2100.pdf

The situation (as written) by the OP doesn't meet the criteria for a revocation.

Third; The whole original post just exudes the hogwash smell.

Overall conclusion: OP is just wasting everyone's time with rubbish.
    Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without. -Hávamál 38

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Yeah, I'm calling BS on this one too. Guy grabs your gun out of your CC holster somehow without you realizing it until it was too late and you spend the night in jail with no charges and the other guy walks free.

Hmmm what's that smell?
    Interesting. It only took you 55 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    Interesting. It only took you 55 minutes.
    I suggest you bark up a different tree. Also it may behoove you to work on some exercises in reading comprehension someplace other than a public forum. Read it real nice and s...l...o...w t...h...i...s... t.....i......m.....e.....

What the hell is going on here? I am beyond confused as to how this could even happen in reality.
    Ever heard of the benefit of the doubt? I've come across enough weirdos in my life and on this forum to know not to underestimate stupidity. I'm sure a poster such as yourself can understand that.
    Last edited by The Truth; 10-17-2014 at 01:07 AM.

μολὼν λαβέ

Banned
    I was at a bar and the guy asks me if I had the time .. I thought he was going to steal me watch ! So I ran away and called my mother. She said I was the dumbest of the 12 kids she had. I asked her if I was dumber that half-wit Nick, she said yes.

Now can I get my story on the big screen? A story of 12 dumb kids...

who cares
    Last edited by ricky_g; 10-19-2014 at 05:29 PM.

[ ... ]6. i really do not care who believes any of this, i was referred here by a fellow member at hipointtalk.net who thought a more local forum might help with advice. and i've been a member there since 2011 with close to 2000 posts.
    http://www.hipointtalk.net/search.ph...&submit=Search

ricky_g
    Post subject: Re: Great Article About Open Carry Wacko's
    Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Replies: 39
    Views: 574

I am all for open carry, but some people take it too far, open carry scares people which also costs tax payers money for police to respond, in my state we have had groups do it and protest, some of which were not very friendly. i personally only open carry while in the woods, mainly because people d...
    I scanned its posts back to August 2013.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

That's why I don't go into bars much anymore. Too many louts looking for attention.

Not being a lawyer, the best advice I can give to the OP is to begin carrying a voice (if not video) recorder. A clear record of your unimpeachable conduct would prevent "he said she said".

I'm sorry to say, when it comes to drunk people at bars, it's basically all "he said she said". Which means all it takes is a confrontation with a guy who has friends willing to lie for him to screw you over for something you didn't do. There really isn't much recourse in my experience.

That's why I've learned to go out of my way to avoid conflict in the first place. And that's why I avoid going to bars.
    Last edited by marshaul; 10-19-2014 at 05:05 PM.

LOL I go to one of our three bars open year around most every Monday night to drink (two pints and two neat tall gins) and play cards with a bunch of other grey-pates. By the time we finish our dinner the barflies have cleared out and we have a peaceful couple of hours of cards. In Wisconsin we must be sober while armed.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast