• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Checking Out

Primus

Hey if uggs are good enough for Tom Brady then you guys should lucky enough to even read or utter the word..

Primus

What in the world does paying for a membership have to do with anything? I'm a stay at home Dad, I'm off all week, and all I can do is sit back and watch as the forum goes down the tubes when I could at least be given temp power to delete threads or ban spammers. I think I've proven myself to be a mature adult that can be trusted with such power in a time like this. Kinda like "forum martial law." I mean, I just talked with Grapeshot this morning at the DGIF board meeting and it seems like John Pierce is the only one with the power to do anything. The captain is letting the ship go down!

In the time it takes me to write this post 10 more spam threads will be created. How hard could it possibly be to ban every new spam user as soon as they pop up in the meantime, and find a solution while doing so? I've posted on vbulletin forums plenty in my life and normally it's not that big of an ordeal to have to ban several spammers and delete subsequent threads, but when it gets to this level where the threads are compounding in numbers, it's almost too late.

D I think I've proven myself to be a mature adult...."

[quote name="solus" post=2082160]OC4ME, et al., officer stops you for a traffic infraction, asks 'do you know how fast you were going?' you know you were speeding 15-20 over the limit, so you are going to mitigate your response is to say 'you know officer, maybe just under 10 miles over the limit' so you now received a citation for speeding 10 over the limit. end result is the same, you have a ticket!<br />
<br />
'do you want a citation for obstruction?' 'sure!' was the young man's response on video i might add, so the young man now has a citation for obstruction!<br />
<br />
ipse[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
Un-ignored on this thread only because I regret deleting my posts, and so that inexperienced readers coming here for education don't have to read your BS opinion as fact. I don't care if I get reprimanded for this, as a reprimand is of no consequence to me and it is worth it for me to make my next statement because you don't seem to respond to intelligent conversation or debate. <b>You are an ignorant, ARROGANT, statist M*RON, and now I KNOW you're a statist cop. Only a statist cop would respond with such absolutely ignorant drivel as you have displayed in this thread</b>. Your analogy with the speeding ticket is ASININE, and so off-the-mark that I have now been affirmed that you are only here as a politically correct counter balance to actual logic on this forum. If I'm going to be moderated on stupid crap, I'm damn sure gonna make sure it's worth it from now on. How's that for ad hominem? You're a d*lt. I am typing what countless others simply don't care to get in trouble for - <u>The Truth.</u><br />
<br />
What you 'hear' in the video:<br />
"'do you want a citation for obstruction?' 'sure!' was the young man's response...[snip]"<br />
<br />
What was actually said in the video:<br />
"I'm going to give you one last chance to give me your last name....(inaudible)....or I'm going to cite you for obstruction." <br />
<br />
"Cite me for obstruction then!"<br />
<br />
To even suggest that this is an admission of guilt is not only ignorant, it's irresponsible. And if the only point you are proving is the fact that he was given a citation, well no sh*t. No one is arguing whether or not he received a citation.<br />
<br />
Luckily in Virginia I can tell a cop to shove it and walk away if asked for ID for no reason whatsoever except committing lawful acts.<br />
<br />
*Admin, don't delete this whole post. If you wish I will delete insults, but that's it. I'm not here to go along with this crap like a little sheep, and I respectfully refuse to do so*<br/>

:D

The Truth

Cool, thanks for reminding me how huge of a troll solus is/was to me when I first started posting here!

The Truth

It's a shoe, typically with furry insides. Ugliest things ever invented, but were a HUGE trend a few years ago.

Ugg-Girls-Classic2.jpg

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
This.

Securing vBulletin message forums isn't rocket science, and improvements are developed as fast as the spammers evolve. The admins do, however, have to take the appropriate steps.
Fair enough, but how is it that you figure Grapeshot, John or Mike saw YOUR post among all the spam?

OC for ME

Hmm...Cook islands? Wonder if that is true.

As to paying to participate, I'll pay, but I will expect a vastly more rapid response for my money if similar events were to occur.

solus

snip..

I think I've proven myself to be a mature adult that can be trusted with such power in a time like this.
snip...

now youn' you mis-spoke as your maturity level is strictly in the eyes of the beholder isn't it (btw just to clarify 'the truth', that is trolling someone ~ learn and grow grasshopper!!) :banana:

wow will have to do troll more often...it was fun!! thanks 'the truth' for setting yourself up as an easy target...roflmao!!

ipse

addendum...ouch tagged for the same comment from primus also...now that brought quite the large chuckle...ROFLMAO

Last edited:

Primus

now youn' you mis-spoke as your maturity level is strictly in the eyes of the beholder isn't it (btw just to clarify 'the truth', that is trolling someone ~ learn and grow grasshopper!!) :banana:

wow will have to do troll more often...it was fun!! thanks 'the truth' for setting yourself up as an easy target...roflmao!!

ipse

addendum...ouch tagged for the same comment from primus also...now that brought quite the large chuckle...ROFLMAO
I like how a guy who refuses to adhere to simple forum rules and refuses to be moderated wants to be a moderator.....

I guess some internet forum poster trolls are more equal then other internet forum poster trolls. :D

The Truth

I like how a guy who refuses to adhere to simple forum rules and refuses to be moderated wants to be a moderator.....

I guess some internet forum poster trolls are more equal then other internet forum poster trolls. :D

*>*

solus

quit...truly quit...i just got to laughing so hard i couldn't stop...belly ache...

oh my, 'the truth' one faux pas and your lambasted...oh, dear there is someone who controls 'karma' and you just got b-slapped by it....

no, not the uncontrolled laughter again....

touche primus...

I lol P lol lol SE rof again...

(ya trolling is kinda fun 'the truth' thanks for showing me how!!)

Last edited:

The Truth

looks like they are being deleted quite rapidly, but the spammers are still posting...