• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Selecting for duty, chose .45 ACP need suggestions!

DWCook

Activist Member
I absolutely LOVE my FNH FNS 9mm! I forgot I had some left over 9mm Black Talon rounds so I was able to fill my magazines up. Honestly if I go a bigger caliber it will be .45 caliber, no reason for me to get .40 when 9mm ballistic testing match .40 caliber. Nothing against .40 caliber by any means, I am just trying not to build up a huge collection of firearms that I won't touch or barely shoot.

Last edited:

DWCook

Activist Member
Have future plans that require strict money management. So this requires me only to buy the ones I really want and not just to blow money to have them. Honestly don't need to have 15 to 20 different firearms in my collection as that is later on when money is pushed. If I don't have at least one year of savings put away to use to pay all bills monthly without struggling if lose job, then I'm not doing it right. Also I am stupid strict with how much I want in the checking account at all times, which is a HIGH number.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Makes a different in what stage you are of your life.

Good money management is important.

When I was paying my house of with accelerated payments not many extra guns were brought

KansasMustang

Glock or?

I have a Glock 30 for CC and a Springfield XD45, I like them both, but I would never carry anything that doesn't start with a 4. I'm an old school Army guy, carried an M1911 for years. Been a long time since I've been on here, took a break because of all the arguing and back-biting, hope it's changed. Our Kansas Governor Brownback has done great things for 2A rights, we're fighting to keep him.

Last edited:

The Truth

I have a Glock 30 for CC and a Springfield XD45, I like them both, but I would never carry anything that doesn't start with a 4. I'm an old school Army guy, carried an M1911 for years. Been a long time since I've been on here, took a break because of all the arguing and back-biting, hope it's changed. Our Kansas Governor Brownback has done great things for 2A rights, we're fighting to keep him.

you should convert that XD to .460 Rowland :)

KySIGGuy

If I were going with a .45, I would look at the SIG P220 or their newer P227. I would also consider the HK 45C. Just my opinion of course.