Thread: What do you say. Is it ok to oc in river falls?

What do you say. Is it ok to oc in river falls?

River falls is 18 miles from my place and we have our pharmacy there. My oldest is enrolled at the U of W RF so it is a college town. Earlier this week there was a threat, directed at the school. It said: "Beware the Ides-of-October, the time is night and the bullets will fly." Nothing so far. I OC there also and now with this threat I suppose I should CC? Should I call the local PD and or the St Croix Sheriff's dept and let them know I OC there? This town is divided between 2 counties. One portion is in Pierce county. Otherwise if I OC there, someone might press the panic button and call the PD and they just might show up in force.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/co...espite-threats

Is it legal to carry there? Of course it is.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Considering that this is Wisconsin, I wouldn't put it past some homegrown future serial killer to shoot up a campus...but...its your right. You carry everyday in Ellsworth, why would River Falls be any different? I carried there today and I've been working tons of overtime and hadn't heard of the threats. Nothing happened to me, even at McDonalds where I waited in line in front of a cop. He couldn't have cared less. Something on his phone was much more interesting than my $320 gun.

Do what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    Considering that this is Wisconsin, I wouldn't put it past some homegrown future serial killer to shoot up a campus...but...its your right. You carry everyday in Ellsworth, why would River Falls be any different? I carried there today and I've been working tons of overtime and hadn't heard of the threats. Nothing happened to me, even at McDonalds where I waited in line in front of a cop. He couldn't have cared less. Something on his phone was much more interesting than my $320 gun.

Do what you do.
    Thanks Wimwag and Protias. I'll continue to OC there. You know how it is... threat causes phobia and someone who has that phobia calls cops bec he sees someone OCing and links it to threat.
    You mean that McDonalds by Shopko? You work in RF?
    Last edited by Law abider; 10-17-2014 at 03:49 PM.