• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you say. Is it ok to oc in river falls?

Law abider

River falls is 18 miles from my place and we have our pharmacy there. My oldest is enrolled at the U of W RF so it is a college town. Earlier this week there was a threat, directed at the school. It said: "Beware the Ides-of-October, the time is night and the bullets will fly." Nothing so far. I OC there also and now with this threat I suppose I should CC? Should I call the local PD and or the St Croix Sheriff's dept and let them know I OC there? This town is divided between 2 counties. One portion is in Pierce county. Otherwise if I OC there, someone might press the panic button and call the PD and they just might show up in force.

http://www.piercecountyherald.com/content/uw-river-falls-campus-quiet-despite-threats

wimwag

Considering that this is Wisconsin, I wouldn't put it past some homegrown future serial killer to shoot up a campus...but...its your right. You carry everyday in Ellsworth, why would River Falls be any different? I carried there today and I've been working tons of overtime and hadn't heard of the threats. Nothing happened to me, even at McDonalds where I waited in line in front of a cop. He couldn't have cared less. Something on his phone was much more interesting than my $320 gun.

Do what you do.

Law abider

Considering that this is Wisconsin, I wouldn't put it past some homegrown future serial killer to shoot up a campus...but...its your right. You carry everyday in Ellsworth, why would River Falls be any different? I carried there today and I've been working tons of overtime and hadn't heard of the threats. Nothing happened to me, even at McDonalds where I waited in line in front of a cop. He couldn't have cared less. Something on his phone was much more interesting than my $320 gun.

Do what you do.

Thanks Wimwag and Protias. I'll continue to OC there. You know how it is... threat causes phobia and someone who has that phobia calls cops bec he sees someone OCing and links it to threat.
You mean that McDonalds by Shopko? You work in RF?

Last edited: