• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alien Gear Clock Tuck & Cloak Tuck 2.0

Alien Gear Holsters

Forum Sponsor
Hi Folks!

Our video team just put together two brand new videos showcasing all the details and features of our original Cloak Tuck and Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster.

[video=youtube;uSS47yAY1A0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSS47yAY1A0[/video]

If you would like to see the all new video for the original Cloak Tuck, you can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKhUNpbPI4

And remember, right now we have our Two Holster combo deal going on!

View attachment 12135

Kopis

look solid! I have a crossbreed which i love but it has metal belt clips which always tear/scratch up my belts... Been thinking about getting a different brand.

esperman

Anyone tried this new V.2 Holster? Been mulling one for my Combat Commander. This is not my primary CC weapon, but I'd like the option:D

Last edited:

Kopis

the Alien Gear customer service and shipping times have been getting horrible reviews. I havent seen the product personally though. probably stick with comptac or crossbreed for my shield holster.

jfrey123

On order times, the first holster I ordered on 12/27/13 and it didn't ship until 1/16/14 due to holiday rush. Ordered plastic clips from them because the metal ones were too tight for my liking, ordered 7/15/14 and didn't ship until 8/9/14. More recently ordered a holster 11/12/14 and it shipped 11/14/14.

They are my new favorite CCW holster based primarily on price, but their quality also has been fantastic. I've switched over and prefer my Aliengear over the Crossbreed that served me well for 2+ years. Thicker leather is nice. My only complaint is that the back of the Aliengear is as smooth/polished as the front and has a tendency to shift on me (Crossbreed I have is rough leather on the back and doesn't have this issue). I prefer carry at 3 o'clock-ish and it slides back to 4:30 throughout the day. I'll rectify that with some sort of grip tape when I'm not feeling lazy.

Haven't tried the V2 neoprene because I don't see the benefit to it being more flexible.

Last edited:

willy1094

I purchased two of the 2.0 IWB holsters. I'll start out by saying that I have NO prior experience with this type of holster but I will say that it seems to be very well made. They send you extra hardware so you can make adjustments to how tight the gun fits as well as replace the threaded piece if needed. I like the fact that they will exchange the shell, a very thick shell at that, if you decide to carry a different pistol and the warranty (obviously untested) if very good. Again, I've never worn IWB holster so it would take some getting used to for me but overall thought it seemed pretty comfortable. Also like that the neoprene is sweat proof since salt and metal doesn't mix well (my sweat rusts everything :cuss:). The ride of these holsters are pretty adjustable also.

The cons, as I see them (maybe alien gear can comment):
The kydex shell seems to be a bit over sized for both the pistols we ordered them for (glock 23 and sig p938). The muzzle end isn't molded very tight and the gun can be wiggled inside the holster.

The holster for the p938 is very large for the size of this pistol. I ordered it for my wife and she has a smaller waist (not tiny) and the holster/kydex itself was too large for anything near 3 o'clock carry. The size of the shell defeats the purpose of the small pistol for her. I know that the holster is built to have a universal back to be used with larger framed pistols but smaller people might want to keep this in mind. If you carry at 1 or 5 (ish) you may be ok. She may have to go with something more like the blade tech nano. If Alien Gear made something to accommodate smaller framed people we would definitely consider it. We are going to keep trying them out but may have to return them for this reason only. I only purchased mine because it was a package deal and didn't really need it.

That brings up another good point about this company. They give you 30 days to decide if you like the holster or not. Overall they are great holsters at a price for quality that no one else is touching right now.

esperman

Thanks for your feedback guys. The only complaints I've recently read was the shell is not kydex (Aliengear doesn't claim it's Kydex so I'll assume it's not) and it's difficult to re holster your pistol. My main concern is comfort, and the pistol staying snug while holstered. I also think carrying anything but 4 o clock will not work well with this type. Time and further review will tell.

Having said all that, I do think I'll pick up one for my 1911 after xmas.

Last edited:

jfrey123

I've got no problems reholstering my G27, slides right in and fits snugly enough for me to run and jump and tumble with a 14 month old :-D They send a bag of misc rubber spacers of different lengths. They're used between the leather and the shell, and putting in different lengths makes the tension adjustable. I ended up putting smaller spacers on my S&W Shield holster to increase the tension.

Styx

They are upfront and tell you in advance what their shipping times are being that holsters are made to order. Also, Alien Gear's wait period of 4-6 weeks is still faster than many other popular all kydex and/or hybrid holster companies where the waiting time can either be just as long or months longer. I don't get the complaining, whining, and accusations that the company has problems with shipping...

Also, yes it's true that Alien Gear holster aren't made out of kydex. It's made out of a material that's like kydex, but better. It's made out of boltaron... As far as being difficult to reholster, the tension is adjustable, so????

Last edited:

Styx

from what I've read the empty holster tends to collapse because the neoprene is much more pliable than the typical leather. thus, harder to re holster.

Fair enough. I would not know, I went for the leather holster that they offer. I have 2 of them. I believe they've done an excellent marketing job in convincing the public to buy the their, cheaper for them, but more costly for us, neoprene holsters.