• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Florida CCW permit holder comming to GA.

transam86

I know Georga is awesome with open carry. I love it ill be comming to GA from Florida in a week or two. I dont plan on going to police stations so what are some of the dont carry to places in GA please? Can I stop for fuel and walk into a store to pay etc? I know your state open alot of doors for open carry ( lucky you ) to churches bars etc THATS AWESOEM but never open carrying i jst wanna make sure im in the legal peramiters.
Thank you
Eddie

Fallschirjmäger

OCGA 16-11-127
See the Code for definitions, but basically....
(1) In a government building;
(2) In a courthouse;
(3) In a jail or prison;
(4) In a place of worship, unless the governing body or authority of the place of worship permits the carrying of weapons or long guns by license holders;
(5) In a state mental health facility
(6) On the premises of a nuclear power facility,
(7) Within 150 feet of any polling place,

Walking into bars, or stores to pay, or even to shop is perfectly fine unless you are told to leave and then Not leaving could be a criminal trespass (same as in any other state). Thankfully, bars in Georgia are few and far between; TGI Fridays is not a bar, nor is anywhere else that's open on Sunday and serves food.

Note on churches, it's an unauthorized location unless the governing body permits firearms.

Last edited:

transam86

thank you sir

I so much appreciate it. I am only going for 1-2 days. I wont be accessing a church or any government buildings. Only a restaraunt and or gas station. So ill look for signs on doors or if asked to leave I will.
Thank you sir
Eddie