Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 10/18

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627

    Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 10/18

    Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 10/18, 9:30 A.M.

    Golden Corral
    1 S Providence Rd ..........just off Midlothian
    Richmond, VA 23236
    (804) 320-5078

    Preemptive strike - I missed out last Sat. and gotta keep the truck close to home until radiaor gets replaced next week.

    Been a few wrinkles that need attention to keep the OC road smooth.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-23-2014 at 09:40 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Will be there, as we need to discuss peter nap's assignment that was made last week.

    Also the possible visit of an out-of-stater to Lobby Day.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171
    If my daughter lets me. I will drive the jeep replacement.

    IF she lets me drive "HER" truck. :>(

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Will be there, as we need to discuss peter nap's assignment that was made last week.

    Also the possible visit of an out-of-stater to Lobby Day.

    stay safe.
    Nap will be there and since my driving would endanger the public more than phase plasma rifle in the 5 watt range, the keeper is tagging along.

  5. #5
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Tentatively me + my Dad who is from South Carolina - if I can wake my backwards-sleeping-butt up.

    My natural sleep habit is fall asleep about 4:30am and wake up at about 11am. Luckily my work hours fit into this habit perfectly. Or maybe that's bad...I dunno. Haha.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Tanner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Chesterfield, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    471
    I plan on being there if I wake up.
    In our quest for knowledge we must be prepared for and armed against misinformation.

  7. #7
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Will be there, as we need to discuss peter nap's assignment that was made last week.

    Also the possible visit of an out-of-stater to Lobby Day.

    stay safe.
    Sorry to say that once again,,, due to a previous commitment that I wont be able to make this...

    I do expect and hope that I will be talked about. Just thinking about that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

    I do really, wish that I could come and meet all my friends in the Commonwealth of Virginia!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Ugh! Why not?, let me count the ways. Coffee needed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Sorry to say that once again,,, due to a previous commitment that I wont be able to make this...

    I do expect and hope that I will be talked about. Just thinking about that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

    I do really, wish that I could come and meet all my friends in the Commonwealth of Virginia!
    Wrong out-of-stater.

    But we'll talk about you anyway.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  10. #10
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Ugh! Why not?, let me count the ways. Coffee needed.
    It is my duty to travel to the big city of Seattle tomorrow by 11 AM
    for a rally to defeat I-594...
    Besides its quite a drive,,, cant do both...
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/70+E...03!2d37.495736
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  11. #11
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    It is my duty to travel to the big city of Seattle tomorrow by 11 AM
    for a rally to defeat I-594...
    Besides its quite a drive,,, cant do both...
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/70+E...03!2d37.495736
    Maybe if you get a running start............
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  12. #12
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Wrong out-of-stater.

    But we'll talk about you anyway.

    stay safe.
    sorry im the wrong out of,,, way out of stater...
    But glad that I may be a point of contention,,, a waste of your time and conversation....


    stay safe all my friends
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Hey! Did you ever get those fumes from the pig pickin'?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  14. #14
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Sorry for the no show guys...got called into work early unfornately. I was actually awake though!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  15. #15
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Sorry for the no show guys...got called into work early unfornately. I was actually awake though!
    if and when you do make it to breakfast, feel free to bring the youngster with you, Logan has been a regular at the breakfasts for almost 3 years

  16. #16
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Im bummed about missing this one though because my Dad was gonna come with me. Only get to see him every few months, and I wanted him to meet you guys!

    Mags will continue to tag along for now, but Mama wants to be more social as she gets closer to being an open carrier. She's very much looking forward to chatting with the other women about carrying too but baby can be distracting.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  17. #17
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,627
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Im bummed about missing this one though because my Dad was gonna come with me. Only get to see him every few months, and I wanted him to meet you guys!

    Mags will continue to tag along for now, but Mama wants to be more social as she gets closer to being an open carrier. She's very much looking forward to chatting with the other women about carrying too but baby can be distracting.
    How much longer will he be here? If not until next Sat, we can put together a breakfast, lunch or dinner at a location of your chosing in a manner of minutes.

    Good reading for Mama:
    http://www.corneredcat.com/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  18. #18
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    How much longer will he be here? If not until next Sat, we can put together a breakfast, lunch or dinner at a location of your chosing in a manner of minutes.

    Good reading for Mama:
    http://www.corneredcat.com/

    Yep, that!

  19. #19
    Accomplished Advocate user's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Northern Piedmont of Virginia
    Posts
    2,373
    Fyi: I happened to be meeting with a client in the River City Diner on Parham Rd yesterday, and Theresa (?) recognized me and asked in a rather forlorn sort of way how come none of y'all have been by there in a long time.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

    By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

  20. #20
    Regular Member scouser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Fyi: I happened to be meeting with a client in the River City Diner on Parham Rd yesterday, and Theresa (?) recognized me and asked in a rather forlorn sort of way how come none of y'all have been by there in a long time.
    I was there last Thursday lunchtime and Theresa saw me that day, and Logan & I were there on Sunday morning and Theresa was talking to us. So some of us have been there. However, it's seemed that when we have found a regular server and got her trained to our ways, she goes and gets herself fired. Perhaps the group as a whole don't want to jinx anyone else, plus most of the group live south of the James so maybe that has someting to do with it

  21. #21
    Regular Member FBrinson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Henrico, VA
    Posts
    284
    I'd start going more on Saturdays if it were'nt for those pesky deer asking to be turned into dinner. Between hunting season, my job, and traveling to Surry County on all my days off it's been hard to find time. I'm sure once January rolls around my wife and I will be back out again. At least to RCD. I don't go to southside much.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •