Thread: Opencarry in state parks?

Opencarry in state parks?

Hey all, I spend every weekend in the auburn state recreation area, gold prospecting and stuff.

I used to opencarry in Utah, and here in CA before it was illegally banned. Is opencarry in state parks like the auburn state recreation area, legal?

I ran into a bear 3 weeks ago, and it freaked me out... Now all this talk about mountain lions and stuff, it's very unnerving.

Regular Member California Right To Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TravyLeigh View Post
    Hey all, I spend every weekend in the auburn state recreation area, gold prospecting and stuff.

I used to opencarry in Utah, and here in CA before it was illegally banned. Is opencarry in state parks like the auburn state recreation area, legal?

I ran into a bear 3 weeks ago, and it freaked me out... Now all this talk about mountain lions and stuff, it's very unnerving.
    The short answer is NO!!!

14 CCR 4313
    4313. Weapons and Traps.
    (a) No person shall carry, possess or discharge across, in or into any portion of any unit any weapon, firearm, spear, bow and arrow, trap, net, or device capable of injuring, or killing any person or animal, or capturing any animal, or damaging any public or private property, except in underwater parks or designated archery ranges where the Department of Parks and Recreation finds that it is in its best interests.
    (b) Nothing herein contained shall be construed in derogation of the use of weapons permitted by law or regulation and to be used for hunting in any unit, or portion thereof, open to hunting.
    (c) Firearms not having a cartridge in any portion of the mechanism, other unloaded weapons or devices such as traps, nets, and bows and arrows may be possessed within temporary lodging or mechanical mode of conveyance when such implements are rendered temporarily inoperable or are packed, cased, or stored in a manner that will prevent their ready use.

Banned
    I guess the OP best bring his rape whistle with him !

Banned
    Got to love the Second Amendment, huh?

What a JOKE.

Kalifornia is NOT a part of the USA.

Kalifornians, be sure to send your $$$ to the NRA so they can keep "fighting" for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff. State View Post
    Got to love the Second Amendment, huh?

What a JOKE.

Kalifornia is NOT a part of the USA.

Kalifornians, be sure to send your $$$ to the NRA so they can keep "fighting" for you.
    You seem to be suggesting that California, is somehow apart from the limitations of the constitution, that it is beyond saving. So where is your revolution? Whose tea are you tossing into Boston harbor?

The reality is, that weapons were prohibited in state parks BEFORE open carry was regulated by the state legislature. If you want to make changes to this government that conform it to your ideals, you must use one of two strategies; support candidates or groups that have the political ability to effect this change or effect this change through force. The question then is, which are you prepared to employ? Political advocacy through groups like the NRA or are you grabbing your Gadsden flag with your rifle to muster for militia service on the town commons? In once instance, you are joined by countless others who have share your opposition to gun control, in the other, you are standing by yourself- a one man army against the hegemony of leftists who control the legislature, the judiciary, the executive and all the police powers employed by the state.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    You seem to be suggesting that California, is somehow apart from the limitations of the constitution, that it is beyond saving. So where is your revolution? Whose tea are you tossing into Boston harbor?

The reality is, that weapons were prohibited in state parks BEFORE open carry was regulated by the state legislature. If you want to make changes to this government that conform it to your ideals, you must use one of two strategies; support candidates or groups that have the political ability to effect this change or effect this change through force. The question then is, which are you prepared to employ? Political advocacy through groups like the NRA or are you grabbing your Gadsden flag with your rifle to muster for militia service on the town commons? In once instance, you are joined by countless others who have share your opposition to gun control, in the other, you are standing by yourself- a one man army against the hegemony of leftists who control the legislature, the judiciary, the executive and all the police powers employed by the state.
    Why do people leave out the most effective way of change, education.

I'll borrow a parable from Larkin Rose. You are stranded on an island of two hundred people, every year they sacrifice someone to the local volcanoe. Will fighting work? More than likely not. Will having a vote work? More than likely not.

So your best bet is to educate everybody you can on the ridiculousness of tossing people in a volcano.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

I'll borrow a parable from Larkin Rose. You are stranded on an island of two hundred people, every year they sacrifice someone to the local volcanoe. Will fighting work? More than likely not. Will having a vote work? More than likely not.

So your best bet is to educate everybody you can on the ridiculousness of tossing people in a volcano.
    The safest bet on an island of two hundred people with limited resources is to educate them all that throwing themselves into the volcano will immediately send them to the eternal afterlife full of everything better than they could possibly imagine.

The few who refused to fall for it would have a lot more resources.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post

How can you say throwing one person a year into the volcano is rediculous? So far, it's worked. In order to educate them you would have to wait for the year when it didn't work. And then they are going to say that the volcano eruption was caused by not throwing someone in. Just like how background checks prevent all sorts of "gun deaths".

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit