• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opencarry in state parks?

TravyLeigh

Hey all, I spend every weekend in the auburn state recreation area, gold prospecting and stuff.

I used to opencarry in Utah, and here in CA before it was illegally banned. Is opencarry in state parks like the auburn state recreation area, legal?

I ran into a bear 3 weeks ago, and it freaked me out... Now all this talk about mountain lions and stuff, it's very unnerving.

California Right To Carry

Hey all, I spend every weekend in the auburn state recreation area, gold prospecting and stuff.

I used to opencarry in Utah, and here in CA before it was illegally banned. Is opencarry in state parks like the auburn state recreation area, legal?

I ran into a bear 3 weeks ago, and it freaked me out... Now all this talk about mountain lions and stuff, it's very unnerving.

The short answer is NO!!!

14 CCR § 4313
§ 4313. Weapons and Traps.
(a) No person shall carry, possess or discharge across, in or into any portion of any unit any weapon, firearm, spear, bow and arrow, trap, net, or device capable of injuring, or killing any person or animal, or capturing any animal, or damaging any public or private property, except in underwater parks or designated archery ranges where the Department of Parks and Recreation finds that it is in its best interests.
(b) Nothing herein contained shall be construed in derogation of the use of weapons permitted by law or regulation and to be used for hunting in any unit, or portion thereof, open to hunting.
(c) Firearms not having a cartridge in any portion of the mechanism, other unloaded weapons or devices such as traps, nets, and bows and arrows may be possessed within temporary lodging or mechanical mode of conveyance when such implements are rendered temporarily inoperable or are packed, cased, or stored in a manner that will prevent their ready use.

Jeff. State

Banned
Got to love the Second Amendment, huh?

What a JOKE.

Kalifornia is NOT a part of the USA.

Kalifornians, be sure to send your $$$ to the NRA so they can keep "fighting" for you.:banghead:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Got to love the Second Amendment, huh?

What a JOKE.

Kalifornia is NOT a part of the USA.

Kalifornians, be sure to send your $$$ to the NRA so they can keep "fighting" for you.:banghead:

You seem to be suggesting that California, is somehow apart from the limitations of the constitution, that it is beyond saving. So where is your revolution? Whose tea are you tossing into Boston harbor?

The reality is, that weapons were prohibited in state parks BEFORE open carry was regulated by the state legislature. If you want to make changes to this government that conform it to your ideals, you must use one of two strategies; support candidates or groups that have the political ability to effect this change or effect this change through force. The question then is, which are you prepared to employ? Political advocacy through groups like the NRA or are you grabbing your Gadsden flag with your rifle to muster for militia service on the town commons? In once instance, you are joined by countless others who have share your opposition to gun control, in the other, you are standing by yourself- a one man army against the hegemony of leftists who control the legislature, the judiciary, the executive and all the police powers employed by the state.

sudden valley gunner

You seem to be suggesting that California, is somehow apart from the limitations of the constitution, that it is beyond saving. So where is your revolution? Whose tea are you tossing into Boston harbor?

The reality is, that weapons were prohibited in state parks BEFORE open carry was regulated by the state legislature. If you want to make changes to this government that conform it to your ideals, you must use one of two strategies; support candidates or groups that have the political ability to effect this change or effect this change through force. The question then is, which are you prepared to employ? Political advocacy through groups like the NRA or are you grabbing your Gadsden flag with your rifle to muster for militia service on the town commons? In once instance, you are joined by countless others who have share your opposition to gun control, in the other, you are standing by yourself- a one man army against the hegemony of leftists who control the legislature, the judiciary, the executive and all the police powers employed by the state.

Why do people leave out the most effective way of change, education.

I'll borrow a parable from Larkin Rose. You are stranded on an island of two hundred people, every year they sacrifice someone to the local volcanoe. Will fighting work? More than likely not. Will having a vote work? More than likely not.

So your best bet is to educate everybody you can on the ridiculousness of tossing people in a volcano.

since9

Campaign Veteran

I'll borrow a parable from Larkin Rose. You are stranded on an island of two hundred people, every year they sacrifice someone to the local volcanoe. Will fighting work? More than likely not. Will having a vote work? More than likely not.

So your best bet is to educate everybody you can on the ridiculousness of tossing people in a volcano.

The safest bet on an island of two hundred people with limited resources is to educate them all that throwing themselves into the volcano will immediately send them to the eternal afterlife full of everything better than they could possibly imagine.

The few who refused to fall for it would have a lot more resources.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

How can you say throwing one person a year into the volcano is rediculous? So far, it's worked. In order to educate them you would have to wait for the year when it didn't work. And then they are going to say that the volcano eruption was caused by not throwing someone in. Just like how background checks prevent all sorts of "gun deaths".

stay safe.